HTC Desire Z - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.3
7.2
6.9

How come there's so little interest in this phone? It's my favourite phone out of all and I will surely be getting it.
First I was looking at the Desire HD but it just was 0.3" too big to nicely fit in my pocket and the Desire Z looks absolutely perfect.

if only it were a little bit thinner, for the rest this phone is all I could ever wish for

• 2010-10-07 10:16
  • MAVb

The HTC company now has a new fan. :) Maybe some of you know me.
HTC is so good at making smart phones.

• 2010-10-06 21:38
  • LaxY

look the power of processor

• 2010-10-05 10:28
  • n4KM

From a business perspective the Desire Z seems to meet all my needs. The fact the Z doesn't have front camera is of no concern to me as I fail to see the benefit as a business tool. My only concern is if Companion Link for Android will allow me to synchronise my ACT! CRM with the device. The other question pending is, do upgrade to this device when available or continue to wait until Phone 7 is released as a comparison.

• 2010-10-05 05:21
  • RN@k

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-10-02 03:29 from 2Ext - click to readI can only speculate the reason to not include a secondary camera. Definitely it would add more weight, size and cost to the phone. Although I have no use for the secondary camera now, I cannot help but feel I might need it in a year or two.

I'm not in a market for a phone right now. Maybe next year some time. Perhaps, by then it would become clearer whether or not I really need a secondary camera.

I currently have Fring on my smartphone, but only really use it for MSN Messenger on occasion. I only ever tried videocalling once and that is to my wife's PC in the same room just to see if it works. It doesn't work now since Fring and Skype is no longer talking to each other.

• 2010-10-04 22:11
  • NGfv

> In reply to PASA @ 2010-10-02 20:39 from 3n{8 - click to readremember google never said tht there we required specs... they said those rumours wer false, and a phone like this will hardly not be compatible with 3.1... the processors is 800mhz yeah but better than the present 1st hen 1GHZ processors

• 2010-10-04 20:14
  • sw$Z

> In reply to fonebox.com @ 2010-10-03 16:28 from 0FgN - click to readWhy not ask people from Vodafone UK?

• 2010-10-04 05:31
  • t7Ki

> In reply to PASA @ 2010-10-02 20:39 from 3n{8 - click to readnot so because this uses a second generation Snapdragon processor so its the equivalent of the old first generation processor used in the HD2 and original Desire

• 2010-10-03 18:57
  • 3s8j

Anyone know if the Desire Z is coming to Vodafone in the UK? Rather this than the HD which whilst nice, does not have the keyboard or camera shutter release.

• 2010-10-03 16:28
  • 0FgN

> In reply to PASA @ 2010-10-02 20:39 from 3n{8 - click to readProcessor is too weak ? you crazy man ! This phone is the strongest phone in the market

• 2010-10-03 15:30
  • n4KM

> In reply to PASA @ 2010-10-02 20:39 from 3n{8 - click to readDude, Froyo 2.2 has barely seen daylight and you're complaining about this phone not being compatible with the next coming OS??

I'm buying this phone because I want to use it with Froyo 2.2, the OS for which it has been made for.

If I buy a 3.0 phone when it's there, I will buy a phone which is optimized for it, and not a one year old phone who just barely meets the spec demand (like htc desire hd for example)

• 2010-10-03 12:44
  • 05rW

> In reply to PASA @ 2010-10-02 20:39 from 3n{8 - click to readUpgrade to 2.2 gave us Adobe Flash 10.1, what will 3.0 give us, is it something we really want or is it just general prestanda improvements?

• 2010-10-03 11:48
  • mrGa

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-10-02 03:45 from 2Ext - click to readOf course you could.

I don't know where you are but in many countries we've had video calling for well over seven years and in some countries longer.

I've used it with people with different phones and on different networks and it's simple and has zero set-up.

• 2010-10-03 02:49
  • 3GGh

BAD NEWS: this phone does not upgradable to ANDROID 3.0 (PROCESSOR is too weak)

• 2010-10-02 20:39
  • 3n{8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-10-02 03:45 from 2Ext - click to readwhat are you people talking about? this phone doesn't have a front camera.

• 2010-10-02 17:25
  • NS38

damn no secondary cam for fring wew lack of device..

• 2010-10-02 16:11
  • vaQ%

does it includes stylus ?

• 2010-10-02 15:20
  • fvK1

does it includes a pocket office ?
does it has calling keys, like answer call and end call ?

• 2010-10-02 14:25
  • fvK1

Does it has answer call key and end call key ??

• 2010-10-02 14:14
  • fvK1
Total of 1458 user reviews and opinions for HTC Desire Z.