I have this phone for over 1 month now and my experience is as follows:
- The screen is very good. The qHD resolution and the size -4.3"- make it excellent for internet browsing and gaming. The minus: Less than impressive screen performance outdoors, but not dramatically bad.
- The hardware and software: I have never ever had a lag with Sense or aplications. Also, no freezes in aplication or "force close" messages. But..it's still time :P. The 3D games included: NfS, SIMS3 and Spiderman are cool, works ok, but you have to deal with the angle problems that are specific to 3D games.
- The cameras: 2D/3D. In 2D mode the 5MP camera is..mediocre. It makes acceptables photos in good light..but that's all. In low light or evening is...disapointing. In 3D mode: The photos are very cool, if you find the proper angle (is not very wide but not narrow..it's just Ok. Photos have 2MP..but are ok for the screen size. I didn't have the chance to test the photos on a bigger 3D screen (monitor/tv. And I didn't test the movie mode.
- Battery life: After the first week I was horrified by the battery life! It didn't last for more than 6-7 hours with average usage! But, after this, i tweaked the settings a little: Auto brightness to screen, GPS: off and, most important, Network selection on GSM or WCDMA only (NOT: AUTO GSM/WCDMA). The result? IS absolutley IMPRESSIVE: With WCDMA only, auto screen brightness, GPS off and WIFI turned ON all day and with average usage..I STILL have in the evening around 60-70% of the battery..So i can say that the life of the battery is around 2 days-2 days and a half.
- The phone comes with a 8 GB card..but i brought a 16 GB one because i didn't had enough space.
- Overall: i really really like the phone and I'm very satisfied with its performance. But, to be honest, a great part of this satisfaction comes from the price: I've bought mine with 300 euro free of contract. And that's super Ok for a phone better in specs that Sensation (but worse than Sensation XE.) If the price was another, at the level of the price of Sensation...probablly i wouln't bought the phone
d, 13 Mar 2012I'm really tempting to buy this phone but Iam reallly lazy to get any mobile charge . Does th... moreIt lasts 1 day on heavy usage.... and 2 days on medium usage....i dont know what is its standby time because its hard to leave this phone, im playing with it very often;)
I'm really tempting to buy this phone but Iam reallly lazy to get any mobile charge .
Does this phone's battery last long ?and how long?
anil, 09 Mar 2012please help.I bought new evo 3d.It's great phone.but when I try to make video call to my gf.in... moreRegarding your question, make sure you have your gf mobile number stored in your phonebook under the category "mobile" not "home" not "work" or anything else and see if the videocall option appears like this.
lots of luck
hey guys the evo 3d is a great phone ive had not one bit of bother with mine so far and find it fun to use the 3d camera if you buy the evo 3d you will have no regrets - Dan
anil, 09 Mar 2012please help.I bought new evo 3d.It's great phone.but when I try to make video call to my gf.in... moreHere every country there is a HTC support service hot line.
Here I'll teach you how to ask them and they will contact you with in 24hours
First here is the site you tell them your problem.
Remember to put your country and phone number within 24hours they will contact you about you problem and they will email you too.
Good luck I hope you find an answer to your problem.
i over charged my phone for 12 hours will this be bad for my mobiles battery
please help.I bought new evo 3d.It's great phone.but when I try to make video call to my gf.in dial pad no option to make video call.both of us have free video calls in our subscription.how make v.calls without Rangoon.skype..etc.like galaxy s2 done.thanks.
Hi. I need help. What should i choose? The HTC EVO 3D or the Motorola Razr. The Razr is super thin and has an 8mp camera, but the HTC has a 3D camera. Is the HTC still good enough even though it is older than the Razr? Is the HTC an overall good phone, will i be satisfied with its performance in terms of Full HD video playback and HD games. Please help me... Thanks in advance
Sorry that you guys got duds. I upgraded from my original Iphone and I dont regret it one bit. No freezing, sticking or anything of the sort. The 3d is a blast to fool around with.
Try this app for updates RSS news and contents for HTC/Android
i got new EVO 3D, but its hanging and looking v slow, so far i didnt install any app. what could be reason???
twinkle, 03 Mar 2012plzzzzzzzzzz wer do v get others movies like avatar its briliant i need other moviz also About the 3D Videos, lets say for example youtube, search for lets say "3D video) (you dont have to have 3d screen for this) ,the vidoes will have a symbol thats says(3D)
anyways,download the video from youtube,when you get it on your desktop ,if you play it , it will be 2 double screens. simply copy it to your HTC EVO 3D and it will automatically detected it as 3D --->voila!
if it doesnt detect as 3D,then press the menu button and choose "play in 3D"
how to download videos from youtube for free:
Am using a 32GB card & it works perfectly fine without any issues ......
can anyone lemme know about this htc evo 3D because i wanna buy this phone and love to have 3D pictures n watch 3D movies... i am already using htc wildfire
Mashfiq, 27 Feb 2012Hi Guy z, can anyone tell me if this handset supports micro sdhc card upto 32 gb although it i... moreYou can't get a 32gb micro sd anything over a 2gb has to be hc, high capacity....