HTC First - user opinions and reviews

HTC

5.6
5.8
5.8

Great phone ever used in my life, it gives me freedom to talk,play games, off course, the best part of use is facebook freedom and great voice quality over skype, etc

• 2014-04-18 21:48
  • y@ZZ

Beautiful phone, no suprise its from HTC!

• 2014-04-18 05:33
  • tseC

> In reply to Arsalan @ 2014-04-01 11:21 from KI5M - click to readNice blatant advertising of your own shop...haven't you read the rules?

• 2014-04-10 21:40
  • 32RC

> In reply to nadi @ 2014-04-05 12:07 from KIeL - click to readBattery is efficient,juice 4 ur whole day

• 2014-04-07 17:02
  • sUvN

hi how is the battery ? htc sets battery are not good so any one can tell mme how is htc first battery work?

• 2014-04-05 12:07
  • KIeL

> In reply to subu @ 2014-03-23 15:31 from 6QaR - click to readBhai there is application "Market Unloker" visit Star City Mall there is software shop in 2nd floor, I forget the name of person.. (he is famous) he will charge you Rs. 300 and install that app in your mobile then you can run.

• 2014-04-01 11:21
  • KI5M

when will release android 4.4.2 kikat for HTC First ???

• 2014-03-29 18:04
  • 3bmY

> In reply to subu @ 2014-03-23 15:31 from 6QaR - click to readTurn off.long press power+volume down button.factory reset ur phone.ur done

• 2014-03-24 20:17
  • sSxX

some one tell me that in pakistan that when the sim is working at that time wifi did'nt work .. and when we take the sim out wifi works again what is that problem .. plzzz can any one guide me

• 2014-03-23 15:31
  • 6QaR

Shall we get 4.2 or something?

• 2014-03-14 20:10
  • ttL{

Perhaps in Pakistan we Pakistani can't enjoy new HTC phones but here in Karachi I bought it for 16k in used.responsible price for an amazing performer,used as primary phone for about a month and enjoyed it. Nearly no lag no battery draining ,superb ppi.
Paisy sahe Jaga lay.

• 2014-03-14 20:09
  • ttL{

I have now used my HTC first for 4-5 months.
If you are not into latest and greatest android then it is probably the best screen size phone for anyone.
I needed:
1. Best speaker volume
2. Call recording
3. Stock android
4. Nice screen
5. Good battery backup
7. Tethering on Straight talk
6. Expandable storage

Except for point 6, all other points are covered nicely by HTC first. I am hoping to buy a backup htc first in case.

Pity that it didnt sell much otherwise we would have surely had kitkat ROMs for this by now.
I switched to a HTC one, but the call /voice recording didnt happen well, so i gave that to my wife. For tethering on straight talk, i had to edit the telephony.db file and now i can enjoy 2.5 GB of monthly thethering on 4g LTE :-)

• 2014-03-14 17:20
  • iTkJ

This is almost literally the perfect phone for me.

The design is amazingly simple and minimal, which was one of the big things I was looking for. I also liked the idea of a "small" Android mid-range phone. Combine that with basically pure vanilla 4.1.2 Android, and it's a really sweet package.

Although it only has a dual core processor, it seems to be fairly responsive and quick in most everything I've done with it so far. I had a Nexus 4 for a while last year, and the HTC First does have some noticeable lag/choppiness when it comes to things like Google Maps when compared to higher-end phones such as that. The camera is also slightly below par, although in my opinion, a lot of people are spoiled with phone cameras these days. Basically, what I mean by that is this: the camera on this might be noticeably worse than flagship device cameras, but it's also probably 200x better than the dumbphone camera I was using before.

For my purposes, I pretty much just wanted a decent phone primarily for texting, calling, checking email, and the occasional web browsing or app usage. For the price (got it brand new for $135 on eBay), I think this is one of the best phones out there, especially if you're looking for a phone with vanilla Android. It's just a shame that it was never successful on the market.

Now the only thing is to port newer versions of Android to it, and maybe try to fix the camera through software tweaks. Even without those things, though, I would definitely recommend the HTC First.

• 2014-03-07 20:53
  • Ir3@

Best Fone i ever used...:D

• 2014-03-05 07:35
  • u4ju

> In reply to Missy M @ 2014-02-12 15:05 from Gf0T - click to readYou can't get it in RSA, i bought my HTC First on Ebay and i'm happy with my phone

• 2014-02-21 08:34
  • 9AeH

camera and processing seems good but I dont see FMRadio APP(tuner based).

• 2014-02-14 11:10
  • PyV3

Were can I find this device in South Africa.

• 2014-02-12 15:05
  • Gf0T

> In reply to Homer @ 2013-11-25 05:32 from IVT5 - click to readsir if u don mind...plzzzzz tell me how its camera work...and battery?

• 2014-01-11 15:15
  • 6PAv

Very nice phone, look is very good, I want to buy but not available in India. Anybody tell me this phone is available in India.

• 2014-01-08 04:59
  • bEQ2

fairly it's more beautiful than iphone 5c

• 2013-12-23 09:24
  • av@W
Total of 165 user reviews and opinions for HTC First.