HTC Freestyle - user opinions and reviews

5.4
5.4

• Dislike this Phone..
  • Rating0

I don't like this phone. At all. I have had it for about 2 months and there's always a set of problems every week. I have had to have to return this phone and get another model because the phone kept on restarting.
Pros:
Sleek Design, and touch screen
Music app that is similar to the iPod set-up
CONS:
Takes a long time
Restarts randomly
Not easy to text on (Not at all the the iPhone keyboard)
Slow touch screen
Doesn't send messages sometimes
has lots of glitches

The first week I got this phone and loved it......but now it just gets on my nerves.

Please don't buy it!

• 2011-07-24 21:32
  • 4ZSm

i thin k it not as good as the htc wildfire

• 2011-07-15 21:30
  • n9hK

no data plan required
$100
sleek, well built, convenient menus
universal charger
high quality camera
T9 is good at choosing the correct word
microSD
text appears in conversations
.....
lags
battery doesn't hold a charge well
restarts/ turns off without warning
can't figure out how to zoom in camera mode
calendar glitches
multiple receipts of same text
sometimes only solution is to take out battery
.....
Phone has potential to be excellent. However, I don't think they have worked out all the glitches yet so this phone still has problems. If you are patient and don't want to pay through the roof, I'd recommend it. They really should try to fix the glitches because I like the style and design.

• 2011-07-14 02:08
  • s9HU

My first review ATT would not post all I am going to say is Ditto to all you negative commits. The Freestyle is not a good phone. HTC helped me with my problem. Is this OK ATT?

• 2011-07-10 15:57
  • 44TH

is skype n other applications r compatible to htc free style?

• 2011-07-01 16:48
  • ttw9

i lke the desighn of the phone the texting is almost good but it constantly restarts and i have to take out the battery and put it back in the battery is HORRIBLLE if you dont put it on the charger it just dies i wanted a REAL htc phone but this was cheaper if you are in at&t look at some other phones before this

• 2011-06-25 05:01
  • qZry

> In reply to Cam @ 2011-06-17 03:21 from I4dx - click to readare you crazy i had a samsung propel untill i got a htc freestyle on my b-day but i hated the propel and the freestyle is WAY better and i love it and learn how to work the fone because the camera does zoom!!

• 2011-06-23 02:15
  • a2sq

I do NOT like this phone! I like my bobo samsung propel wayy better.
-The camera have poor quality, can't zoom in unless its on video. And after viewing the video, the quality sucks even more!
-Can NOT sync a single thing even though it said that it can sync calendar and contacts. And I need a phone that sync to the computer.
-Wait for few seconds to get the picture to "deblurred."
-Talking, when your face is next to the phone, it tends to "Activate" some of the buttons. idk how to explain it. like pressing buttons without your finger...??
-HOT BATTERY! && short life
- this is just a small thing, but bluetooth can't be a shortcut! so you would have to go to settings, then connectivity, then bluetooth to turn on bluetooth. idk its just me. I like things fast and convenient.
-when camera is near text, like trying to take a picture of a word or something thats small, it does NOT focas very well. it will be blurry.
-Hard to get the sim card out.
-when texting, the keypad won't adjust to what degree you are holding on, so you have to personally do that yourself.
- Only up to 4 alarms
- No stopwatch or timer( not that I know of)
- it lags sometims or slow. but not that much with other users. man. this phone DOES NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY! It sucks!
DANG! CAN'T BELIEVE I WROTE LIKE A WHOLE PARAGRAPH OF IT!

• 2011-06-17 03:21
  • I4dx

Worst phone i have ever had!! texting is always delayed, screen freezes constantly, my phone restarts on its own at least once a day saying "restarting, error occurred". my messaging messes up by only showing the messages that are received and none of the messages i send, so i must restart the phone in order to fix it. I have factory reset my phone twice and this is the 2nd month I have had this awful phone. I have received the same text up to 7 times. Completely awful. Do not waste your time!

• 2011-05-31 02:33
  • 47TN

Worst phone I have ever had
No options like writing notes or recording voice,
Worst camera EVER, my old phone had a 3mp camera, and they turned out sooo much better
The speaker is complete junk, and I'll get the same text up to 7 times
The phone also fails to tell you your inbox is full, and sometimes you won't even receive the text, or even better, 3 hours late
No help from At&t other than a free memory card (which was nice) But didn't help any of my problems
I'm now having to pay almost double for my old phone because I can not stand this one

• 2011-05-25 01:46
  • kTQn

According to htc.com this phone has a microUSB port.

"What type of USB connection does my device support?

Your device supports the following USB connection types: Charge only, HTC Sync, and Disk Drive. To change your connection type, connect your device to your PC using the provided micro USB cable and make your selection from the popup menu or go to Home>Settings> USB to PC and make your selection there. "

• 2011-05-24 16:10
  • junq

Stay away from this phone, multiple and delayed texting issues.. No support from at&t or HTC. Do some research regarding this issues I'm not the only one having these problems.

• 2011-05-17 03:41
  • 4$Ex

why does at&t take so long to get phones that u return....f u at&t i want my phone.

• 2011-05-10 00:17
  • jB4R

This phone is extremely frustrating. It worked well for the first two weeks. I've had this phone for about two months now and I am thinking of buying a new phone.

What bothers me:
- *most frustrating aspect --> constantly lags (more than 5 seconds, sometimes 10). This ranges from simply texting to dialing, and even switching from the different app screens when you swipe. Even after deleting messages and clearing out deleted items the phone continues to lag.

- the screen automatically decides when the touch screen should or shouldn't be enabled when you're talking on the phone, depending on the angle in which you hold it. You could end a call without knowing it or adjust the volume numerous times during the phone call.

- Weird gliches: sometimes the phone freezes between screens and you have to restart the phone.

- The price is a bit high for a dysfunctional phone...

- You can't sync pictures/videos/etc to the computer, despite the fact that they give you the computer plug to do so. I find that to be pointless. I feel like i've been ripped off and deceived.

If you've had a good experience with this phone, I am envious of you, but I highly doubt that many people have had a good experience with the freestyle after using it for awhile.

I am amused by the caption underneath that states "the administrators and moderators of this site will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible". Are we not allowed to test the credibility of the company as they create dysfunctional devices and then sell it to uninformed consumers? Is this not a forum for opinions (positive and negative)?

• 2011-04-30 23:15
  • Ya1w

This phone isnt all that bad. It does lag enough to make the person using it to become frustrated. But i found if you clear the deleted items box then the phones speed increases. So all in all the htc freestyle isnt a bad phone just isnt worth the money.

• 2011-04-18 13:52
  • Q9ti

just purhcased htc freestyle and paired it to my 2011 jetta tdi phone, easy as pie, then tried to upload phonebook... unable to upload any phone numbers, checked the phone and thereis no function to push/send phonebook.. tried same in my 2010 focus with microsoft sync... same result paired with no problem but unable to upload phone book.. how can we be in 2011 and bluetooth functionality but not have the ability to push phonebook for car to support handsfree calling... this sucks..

• 2011-04-10 08:26
  • 4pUn

> In reply to carrie @ 2011-02-20 00:32 from 0Hs$ - click to readWere they telling the truth? Is the HTC Freestyle 4G?

• 2011-03-30 07:27
  • FKy9

This phone sucks. I got the freestyle about 3 weeks ago after struggling with a cracked android with no internet and I honestly think the broken android was better than this phone. The freestyle looks great, the screen is sharp, the menus are convenient, and the main interface is beautiful. HOWEVER, this phone lags so much, it's almost unusable! When you tap the screen on and drag the bar to unlock it, the phone takes anywhere from 10 to 25 seconds to load the main screen. Sometimes you have to wait for a long time for menus, especially in the messages section. (I have tried deleting pictures, texts, etc. and none of that helped.) Also, the phone lags when typing a text, which causes major problems with a touch screen. T9 on this phone is fantastic at guessing exactly what you intend to type, but because of the lagging becomes pretty useless. You HAVE to wait several seconds for the letters you type to show up. If you move onto the next letter before waiting for the last one to appear, the phone will skip letters and change all the words you meant to type into choppy nonsense.

Other complaints:
-the little menu button at the bottom left of the screen seems to tarnish.
-it doesn't seem like you can make reoccurring events in the calendar.
-if you have the message menu open and you receive a text, you have to exit and reopen the message menu for the new text to appear.

If you don't mind a phone that lags more than a sloth dragging a snow plow, this is a wonderful choice.

• 2011-03-30 02:50
  • j5@Z

Just bought one. I needed a good phone (like for making calls????) coupled with a good camera. It has that. I like it so far, but it won't sync to the computer using HTC's software. Rep at HTC said the Freestyle doesn't, for some reason. Maybe they'll come up with a patch. So your phone can't communicate with the computer. If you have a memory card you can view and download files from that, like an external memory. Camera is good quality. Phone is nice for this price point.

• 2011-03-17 13:55
  • qNXv

$100 non PDA device but still gives you HTC sense and apps. Not bad if you want to keep your bill down.

• 2011-02-20 19:07
  • i}SK
Total of 220 user reviews and opinions for HTC Freestyle.