HTC Freestyle - user opinions and reviews

HTC

5.6
5.4
5.4

I HATE THIS PHONE!!!!! I have never seen a phone freeze or restart 100 times in a day. I literally cannot use it. It is nothing more than a fancy paper weight. I cannot believe I wasted money on a worthless POS like this. DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE. If someone attempts to give you this phone for free, don't take it. If someone tries to pay you for this phone, do not take it. Data, works when it wants too. texts, randomly come it hours later, battery, holds a charge for 6 hours at best thats with minimal use. Calls, dropped or won't go through period. I've discovered all of this in the 6 days I've had it....
After owning this phone for a month you will look like the before pictures from one of those Hair transplant infomercials, NO JOKE!

• 2013-01-23 23:58
  • 4{uC

I've had this phone not even 2 years & I've already had 4 replacements!! This phone is shit! The screen goes black, the call cut off, can't get apps, that annoying noise it makes when you're texting! The list goes on & on!!!! DON'T BUY THIS PHONE!! SAVE YOUR MONEY!!

• 2013-01-16 20:57
  • FKx9

Unfortunately, the HTC Freestyle runs off a BREW operating system (Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless). It is a proprietary cell phone application platform, so unlike Flash or Java, BREW is a licensed product not open-sourced. You can still get some applications to run off the HTC Freestyle, but they are limited. This is not like one of those other high-end gaming phones.
this was posted on a site by someone name ZodiacN64

• 2013-01-05 01:08
  • LKm3

I've had this phone for over a year now and let me tell you it's not the best phone on the market. I only have 2 problems with it: sometimes it sends me the same text multiple times and when you turn on the phone it is a bit laggy. I use my phone for music,texting,and phone calls. I would recomend this phone to anyone who just wants a nice looking phone that can do a little more than you're average "dumbphone"

• 2013-01-05 00:37
  • 4TN@

i have the phone and paid 100 for it without a contract to find that at&t stopped selling the phone due to glitches. this phone sucks ass and isnt worth a dime. I had all of the same problems and now i cant use it when i turn it on the oops a system error screen pops up repeatedly until it dies.

• 2013-01-01 19:29
  • 8Hp@

Yall let me tell you. See I got my HTC Freestyle on my birthday, October 6,2012. It was all that in a pot gumbo but a few days later it started restarting. It would go back to normal after. Internet sucks..Dial up tops it. Also it slows down extremely. Later it started freezing, shutting down and over heating. That phone be HOT! In 3rd period at school it restarted twice, shut down twice, over heated once and froze once..IN THIRTY MINUTES!! Not 45..not 60..90 but 30! And it have been doing that ever since. Never dropped it, looks new still, and no water damage. Today I woke up late because it froze while charging. All them hours at school and it never turned on again. I plug it up and it froze again. So my HTC FREESTYLE's funeral will be held in my yard Sunday morning at 11 am by Pastor I'm tired of this phone. Thanks for listening. Sincerely sad phone owner.

• 2012-12-01 05:02
  • 4%Ef

It is the Worlds Worst Phone for anyone reading this review please do not even consider this dumb phone because it does not work ever! AT&T will not give you any other phone to replace it, they will send you the same dumb model which will not work so donor get this phone. It is very frustrating to own this phone because I cannot use it, not e en one phone call goes through without being disconnected several times or no signal at all. Which means you cannot make a single call.
I have this horrible phone for 2 years and am so frustrated with it.
Get any other phone not this!

• 2012-11-19 18:30
  • v$DG

I got this phone about a year ago and worked fine until now. Lately, my phone won't unlock. It doesn't show anything it just lights up to a dark screen and the keys light up. It works sometimes, but when it starts to do that, it seems to take forever to get back working. Kinda regret buying this phone...

• 2012-11-15 00:19
  • kVqx

why in heaven, HTC would put out a phone like this for consumers to buy, this is pure nonsense, this is a developer tool, not an everyday consumers product, for people who waste their money on this crap, they going to frustrate them self to madness..

• 2012-11-01 03:36
  • LKnj

> In reply to hayhayy @ 2012-10-18 04:19 from s7HW - click to readyeah...for eternity

• 2012-10-18 18:34
  • sR45

I just ordered this yesterday... Will i regret it??

• 2012-10-18 04:19
  • s7HW

I got this phone for my 12 year old son in April when we change wireless service. He's already on his 3rd phone. This phone freezes up frequently on a daily basis and you have to take the battery out to make it stop. The battery does not hold the charge for very long. We have had trouble with this phone EVERY DAY since we got it! The second phone and the 3rd phones are the same problem as the first. Who has time to exchange a phone daily?

• 2012-10-10 19:21
  • jcB{

I have to say that this phone does not deserve the smart definition. I recently tried to send a group text but noticed on the group list ( thick fingers) someone I did not want to get the text. No problem I thought just delete them from the list. Real problem here , as this option does not seem to be supported. Gave the phone to my kids to sort it out ( you know the type " poor old dad still stuck in the dark ages ") and am delighted to inform you that even that patronising rabble were defeated by what to my mind should be a simple procedure. Even went as far as deleting the contact from the phone but his number stayed obstinately on the group text list. abandon hope all ye .......

• 2012-10-08 22:16
  • MyZV

This is the worst phone i've ever had. Even though it's now one of At&t's free phones, it's the worst out of all of them. I've had this phone (not the same exact phone) for about 3 months now. Every month i've returned this phone because it would overheat and remove all of my contacts. At&t customer service would only give me another HTC Freestyle each time to replace the other, and they all have had the same exact issues. I'm not even sure why they are still offering this phone with their plans. At&t won't allow me to switch to a completely different phone without paying a $200 contract service charge.

• 2012-10-08 12:39
  • xJ3G

this is the worse phone i have ever had out of all of my phones , this phone is so stupid i can't stand this phone . It messes up my twitter whenever i try to get on its not a smart phone it just look cool cause of the looks . DONT EVER BUY THIS PHONE ! i sent it in once cause it was loading slow saying opps a system error has occurred you cant even download free apps from the app center . This is the worse phone ever invited . i get 6 of the same message & now my screen is cracked and then sometimes my screen turns different colors ughhh i hate this phone very much >_<

• 2012-10-03 16:40
  • bhIb

This phone is horrendous. It is the most technologically advanced, yet it is the worst phone I have ever had. My top three complaints (because I have many) are 1) Sluggish typing. It takes me six minutes to type 160 characters because of the software. 2) No option to cut/copy/paste. 3) The phone can only hold 5,000 text messages. After that you must delete them. Then you must go into your 'Deleted Texts' folder and delete them again.

• 2012-10-03 07:24
  • xq60
  • HTC Freestyle User:
  • Rating0

Maybe because i just use my phone for phone calls, no internet nor text messages... but i haven't had any of those problems you guys are talking about, ANY. The only thing that happened to my phone is that it fell and the screen cracked up a bit, easy change and good as new, had it for over a year now and everything works great... obviously is not a bad phone just not good for internet and/or texting...

• 2012-09-08 17:21
  • kRFB

I had the same problems with the battery and got a new phone the first two weeks, same problem. Sent it in and same problem but this time didn't help to take out battery. Put it in drawer for one year and called them they are sending me a another phone, same HTC. If they don't work why don't they just give us different phones? No one told me at ATT that there were many like problems with phone. Warning , DON"T BUY.

• 2012-09-04 01:35
  • qT64

the phone ok i have problems with the battery

• 2012-08-25 05:20
  • 7Cva

HTC Freestyle?...NEVER AGAIN! I got an HTC Freestlye about a year and a half ago. At first it was fine. But then it started lagging and moved all my images and videos somewhere else! It always freezes and says "Opps! A system error has occured. Restarting." Seriously...? And before that happens, (usually during a text), It startes lagging REAL bad and takes about 3 seconds for EACH character. I can't get a new one until September! My advice -- DON'T GET ONE!

• 2012-08-21 23:43
  • s2DT
Total of 224 user reviews and opinions for HTC Freestyle.