HTC Freestyle - user opinions and reviews

HTC

5.6
5.4
5.4

Is HTC freestyle a Android phone? How do I put Whatapp aplication on it?. Plz help me.

• 2011-10-13 02:30
  • N7AQ

Never ever get this phone. I've unfortunately have had to keep it for months now and it's been a real drag the entire time. I keep the phone in good condition so I know it's not my fault most of the problems I've been experiencing have occurred.
For one, this phone sends about 4 duplicate texts per texts. For anyone who is on a limited texting plan this must be a nightmare. Sometimes I randomly lose service with this phone (could be an AT&T issue, but most people with this provider seem to be ok). Also, it tends to freeze all the time. If I start texting too fast it will freeze up and say "oops, an error has occured" then restart itself.
I hate this phone and really wish I would've done more research before purchasing it.
Save yourself the time and trouble everyone, DO NOT GET THIS PHONE.

• 2011-10-08 00:42
  • 9DHE

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-03 06:12 from qB}1 - click to readMINE DID THE SAME EXACT THING! SWEAR ! I had to get a BRAND NEW ONE ! Havent had the problem since ! Because i charged it up before i did anything big w/ it !

• 2011-10-06 22:18
  • kETu

Sexy look

• 2011-10-04 09:09
  • YTJZ

I have the freestyle and mines just as crappy as the rest and i have only had it for two wks. it turned off by its self but when i went to turn it back on the HTC logo comes up but it wont go any further than that.. can someone help me?

• 2011-10-03 06:12
  • qB}1

Please read this befor buying. The day I received my refurbished phone I was thrilled. (I sometimes buy refurbished computers and never once had a problem. First time with a phone, though.)I love the different screens and love a touchscreen. Matter of fact all the features are great. After 4 hours, the first day, it shut down while sitting on my desk. Hmmm. Could not restart it so pulled out battery and stuck back in. Came on. All good. But it started doing it every day. Then I got a error message .."Oops, system error,restarting" hmmmm. This happens every day too. After 2 weeks called ATT. Then talked with HTC. I was told by HTC that they are working on it. AND, it will not get worse. I can live with that, I thought. I decided not to send back. Loved the phone too much. My mistake. About the 6th week it did it's daily thing.."Oops, system error" except this time it would not stop doing it. I kept getting this message, over and over. Every 2 seconds. Tried the soft reset. Nothing,still did it. Tried even the hard reset..still did it. My phone is useless. I can not use at all. Tried even charging, but gets stuck on charging screen so have no idea after hours if it was recharged or not. I e-mailed HTC and ATT. Waiting for response. I also video recorded the phone to show what it is doing and will put on you tube. I doubt HTC and ATT will help, since over 30 days. But hey, I renewed my 2 year contract!! With no phone. Lucky them. Not so lucky me. Sorry so long but thanks for reading. I my experiance helps in your decisions on buying a HTC freestyle.
Thank you.

• 2011-09-28 20:27
  • FbG5

What shocks me is that this phone has all these problems and still is rated highly in reviews across the web. Even here it has an avg rating of 7. I don't get that at all. Anything that randomly shuts down, freezes, and has the other problems mentioned sounds like junk to me.

• 2011-09-16 17:59
  • Rbqi

What is brew mobile? what kind of an OS is that? any applications available for it? somebody reason with me , why go for an unknown os with so many android phones in the same price range around? any good reason?

• 2011-09-07 14:07
  • g5nv
  • Average 50 year old
  • Rating0

This phone has been a SERIOUS pain in the bum since I bought it a month ago. This is actually the 2nd one; I had to return the first one within 4 days. The first one got so hot after re-charging it, I couldn't hold it in my hand. It appearantly destroyed itself. The second one has the highly annoying habit of just going unresponsive after it's sat on my desk for only 8 to 10 hours without being turned on. It goes dormant and it won't power up, even though it has a good charge on it. All I know to do is take the battery out and put it back in. This seems to get it going again. (I'm wearing out the tiny, flimsy, little snaps on the battery cover and I've only had this thing 3 weeks!) It's very finicky and seems to have mind of it's own. It will only hold a charge for 3 or 4 days and that's with virtually no talking or texting. In short: this phone is a huge disappointment. I will be highly reluctant to buy another HTC product again. My ancient little Nokia flip phone has worked like a champ for 5 or 6 years. It took a lot of abuse and kept on working fine. I doubt this HTC Freestyle phone will last even a year. I really regret buying it. It has problems that I'm confident I am not inducing.

• 2011-09-06 22:50
  • 81%s

i have had the htc freestyle six months. i have read all these problems people are having and it is wierd. i havent had any issues with my freestyle. i use over 1300 minutes a month and send and recieve well over 2,000 texts a month. all i can say is, when you delete texts, you have to empty the deleted texts file. this takes memory. i do this once a week. and clear my text messages that i dont need. my battery lasts me 2 1/2 days easy. i keep my sceen brightness at 50% and backlight time at minimum. and use a micro sd card. on the camera, switch it to save pics and video to sd card not phone. and dont plug it in to charge untill battery is really low. if its at 1/2 battery and you plug it in, the battery will not last as long. HOPE THIS HELPS...sometimes it is user error and lack of maintenance

• 2011-09-01 20:28
  • YHvx

It lags all the time and restarts but if it freezes on the lock screen all you have to do is press the camera button instead of taking out the battery

• 2011-09-01 20:11
  • YHKg

> In reply to kew @ 2011-08-25 23:39 from k2ev - click to readDoes this phone has a message thread? I'm really considering this phone but very picky about my features on a phone.

• 2011-08-27 22:18
  • kRbH

THE HTC FRESTYLE?? --->this is without a doubt the worst phone i have ever owned. if you have too many texts in your inbox, it lags really bad. it will also freeze all the time, and when this happens the only thing you can do is take the battery out and wait for it to turn on again. i hate this phone with a passion!

• 2011-08-25 23:39
  • k2ev

why does it say i havent read my messages even if i check them a hundred times! it will just restart whenever im on the internet

• 2011-08-24 05:59
  • kPSH

You guys should be more calm about your issues. Don't take out your anger on the phone, HTC, or ATT it will all get better just have patience. :)

• 2011-08-19 19:18
  • qpxg

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-08-13 09:08 from jbpv - click to readI have had the same problem I have went through 4 phones thinking it might just be a glitch. However, it is obviously just the phone, which, is a real shame considering without all the problems it would be a cool phone. But it is really annoying to be mid-conversation for the phone to shut off or after an hour look at your phone to find it has automatically shut itself off...and the little message...oops a system error has occured, restarting. The phone just isn't worth the headache.

• 2011-08-16 05:53
  • YiU9

Ive had this phone for 4 days, and its allready dead. This phone is a F*#%ing joke! Randomly restarts every 20 mins, lags, turns itself off and the only way to get it on is to take out the battery. This phone has such great potential but just totally fails to reach it because it is so buggy. I am taking it back tomarrow, to get something that functions properly. DO NOT buy this phone, or you will surely join the numerous ranks of frustarted freestyle owners.

FIX IT HTC!!!!! FIX IT!!!!

• 2011-08-13 09:08
  • jbpv

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-08-02 16:01 from kfdn - click to readMy dad's girlfriend had the fx. She said it's crap. I'm gonna go with her advice. Just thought that might help

• 2011-08-11 17:50
  • 4{40

right now i have the samsung flight (1st version) basically it sucks and i have an upgrade. i don't want to pay for monthly data charges but i don't want some crappy phone. i was thinking htc freestyle or sharp fx? are these good phones?

• 2011-08-02 16:01
  • kfdn

I had this phone for 4 days and had more trouble with it than my last two phones put together over 3 years. It froze up 2 times before I had received my first call! I t died completely on day 4. Don't buy this piece of crap......

• 2011-08-02 15:25
  • 4wkF
Total of 222 user reviews and opinions for HTC Freestyle.