HTC Google Nexus One - user opinions and reviews

HTC

Popularity

Daily interest
0.6%
Total hits:
4764744

Voting results

Design
7.1
Features
7.1
Performance
7.2
Votes:
44

Sort by:

HTC HD2 is awsome

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-31 06:30
  • w9LI
  • U

Apple Iphone days are over, because this phone has better specs, better OS and the finally the cost of it is very cheaper and yet still unlocked. Gosh it gets released in India too, it will sell like hotcakes or candy.

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-31 06:17
  • vGfh
  • C

> In reply to M20 @ 2009-12-30 09:19 from n%nF - click to readDude if u havent tried then don't talk bout it
If u had seen HTC HD2 u would not say that about windows phones
as for this phone, this is going to be an awesome phone with android yes i believe this is gonna overtake droid
About the OS depending on what u need to do, different OS's r better
Like on Productivity I dont think any one will argue no os is above windows mobile

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-31 03:31
  • tVvL
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-12-30 23:37 from PIdZ - click to readI've nothin to say except I agree completely

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-31 03:14
  • tVvL
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-12-30 23:04 from 4C}5 - click to readWhat???
Comparing it with iPhone are you?
How about multitasking out of the box to start with.
And the very widely used bluetooth file transfer.
1 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM.
And yes internal memory, how about almost unlimited external memory by virtue of External MicroSD card slot so use can use multiple cards.
iPhone, well don't take Nexus One so low, it should be compared with HD2 atleast.

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-30 23:37
  • PIdZ
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-12-30 23:04 from 4C}5 - click to readSounds to me that you are in the market for a HD camera, not a smart phone. This isn't a website for you! From the info we have seen, this looks great. I guess we will see what thing is like after jan.05 when the reviews start popping out. Personally, i can't wait!

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-30 23:36
  • 05ZJ
  • R

This is what all the excitement is about?? There is nothing here that's spectacular. If this had a 12MP camera on it that recorded 1280x720 HD video at 30FPS, with a great lens, both Xenon and LED flashes, plus the things missing from Android, then I could see some excitement. But this?? It's nothing more than an iPhone 3GS without all the built in memory, which is inexcusable.

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-30 23:04
  • 4C}5
  • U

When is Android going to get equalizer settings and the ability to create your own custom equalizers like Symbian? And how about some customizable profiles like Symbian has? Hey, maybe this one will actually be able to run more than 6 applications at once too.

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-30 22:56
  • 4C}5
  • U

STrange all this debate about os supremacy, well its personal preference.I personally believe that wm offers more customisation freedom, like working eclairs and dounut os in wm phones, iphone winterboard already there. Haven't seen a plain program that runs divx/xvid in android yet. ms Office is than a dream for Dream owners!!

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-30 22:33
  • TrkM
  • U

This is a dream phone. Every thing you want is probably here.
Price is said to be US$ 530. How true is that?
Priced similar to HTC MAgic, huh...
3.7" AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 480 x 854 pixels resolution, 1 GHz Snapdragon processor with 512MB RAM(!!!), 5MP camera, 1400 mAh Li-Ion battery.
This is dream...

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-30 22:05
  • PIdZ
  • C

i was first thinking of getting the motorola milestone or the htc legend ( which is due to come in march according to the leaked htc road map )..........but this is my next phone now....
5 mp
multi touch
capacitive touchscreen
3.5 mm jack
1 gz processor and rest the other specs......where do you get all these features in a phone costing 530 usd

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-30 20:13
  • vGUg
  • U

the best is nokia symbian platform lots of apps available in the market for the same so people trust nokia buy nokia

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-30 17:55
  • P$uD
  • R

All of you WinMo lovers who are claiming that Windows is fast/fine/superior/blaa blaa blaa are talking from your rectums!

I am currently an HTC HD2 user, have had Vario 3, Touch HD, Vario 2 etc over the years so pretty fair to say i am historically a primary WinMo user.

HOWEVER!

I bought an HTC Hero to see what the fuss was with Android and it is plain and simply MUCH better than WinMo hands down backside-whoopingly better! Fast (and thats with a processor half the speed of this one!) fluid and well thought out and best of all, not full of bugs, random slow downs for no apparent reason, non-finger friendly layouts etc like the WinMo is. I bought the HD2 as i thought it would solve the WinMo problems due to it's processor counteracting any slow downs, the new sense UI solving Microsfots rubbish design and to be fair HTC have tried hard to cover up WinMo failures however it just isn't solvable. I am more of a power user than day to day run of the mill pleasure user but there is no denying that Android blows Winmo out of the water!

Open your eyes WinMo devotees as even us long established WinMo users can see when we are honest and give it a decent try for a bit that Google is MILES ahead and the apps are nearly all free!!!

Accept it!

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-30 17:33
  • S1mx
  • U

> In reply to Guillermo @ 2009-12-30 16:45 from miSH - click to read"Windows Mobile is an obsolete OS, it's fast on recent smartphones because is old. It's like saying Win98 is better than Win7 because is faster. I just hope MS really put effort into WM7."

Have you even used it? It's fast? Do you know how sluggish it was on the Omnia II? And that had a 800Mhz ARM11 CPU. Hardly Cortex A8, but still.

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-30 17:21
  • Ui{1
  • R

"Google releases all the products in beta only, I have never seen any full version from Google"

Yet Google betas are far more stable than Microsoft releases...

Windows Mobile is an obsolete OS, it's fast on recent smartphones because is old. It's like saying Win98 is better than Win7 because is faster. I just hope MS really put effort into WM7.

As for this phone, i think it's the best Android phone on the market to the date. Even better than the Motorola Milestone overall, 1 less led flash and no keyboard for better processor, more RAM, lighter and thinnest, wifi n support...

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-30 16:45
  • miSH
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-12-30 16:27 from L8hK - click to readThat's hardly the reason why most people will get a phone. And your argument does not stand: I did not open a single excel, word or powerpoint document for the whole 3 months I owned my Omnia II. Neither did the friend I sold the phone to, and may I say that he's a working professional? If you are going to edit it, use a netbook or laptop. I guess the only reason to get a WinMo phone is for presentation then. And not even all WinMo phones support output to a projector.

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-30 16:42
  • Ui{1
  • R

is it me or the design looks really dull ?

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-30 16:38
  • DE{u
  • U

Devices with WIN Mobile are better. All of Us need to open .xls or .doc or .ppt everyday, everytime, and everywhere. other phones are for playing or spend your time. For work: blackbrry or Windows Mobil phones are the best ;)

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-30 16:27
  • L8hK
  • U

Stopped caring about Windows Mobile when I got my Omnia II. That thing was like something from 1999. It's between Android and iPhone, and to a lesser extent Blackberry now.

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-30 16:06
  • Ui{1
  • U

Where's TV-OUT?

But Noise cancellation with dedicated microphone also good enough to keep an eyes on it.

  • Reply
  • 2009-12-30 15:00
  • w4KH
  • U
Sort by:
Total of 2342 user reviews and opinions for HTC Google Nexus One.