HTC Google Nexus One - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.1
7.1
7.2

i need yur help about my htc google nexus one, my htc fell down and the swicth on and off keypad removed now my phone is on intant i put the battery how can i fixed the problem
second :my phone over heat

• 2013-04-01 18:57
  • N9@S

I enjoy using d fone bt d camera flash light don't flash again. hw do I go abt it. please reply via kashogi2004@yahoo.com

• 2013-04-01 07:52
  • fuN1

I'm using N1 MiniJB(4.1.2, Based on AOKP) on my N1. It is so light that can be flashed on stock partition. And It's fast enough for daily use.
But It was made by Korean, and localized for Korea. So I cannot use GPS...

• 2013-03-14 22:52
  • vyqN

> In reply to jps1740 @ 2013-03-10 14:18 from nwni - click to readBut note that N1 has very small System Partition - It's 145MB. You can not flash almost every JB ROM Because of poor system partition. You have to repartition your device with Blackrose first, or find very very light JB ROM. I know a light JB ROM which made by Korean, but It is localized for Korea.

• 2013-03-14 22:49
  • vyqN

> In reply to jps1740 @ 2013-03-10 14:18 from nwni - click to readFirst, root your N1. And you have to install Rom Manager.(You can get a free version in Google Play Store.) With Rom Manager, you can install CWM Recovery. Done installing CWM Recovery, Now you can install ROMs from your sdcard.(Use "Install from zip")

• 2013-03-14 22:44
  • vyqN

> In reply to saurabh2310 @ 2013-02-20 09:07 from Q6xL - click to readCan any one explain me how to do that?

• 2013-03-10 14:21
  • nwni

Hi.
Is there any one that could explain me, (as if I was a dummy ), how to update to android phone 4.1?

• 2013-03-10 14:18
  • nwni

its been more than 2.5 years since m using this..rooted way back n now rocking with 4.2.1(unofficial cyanogenmod) love it! :))

• 2013-02-20 09:07
  • Q6xL

> In reply to Njogz @ 2013-01-24 16:45 from i55L - click to readDon't blame Google but blame HTC for not upgrading it...

• 2013-02-15 13:17
  • vV5G

> In reply to Drigita Rygen @ 2013-01-10 10:44 from tZkb - click to readWow when u buy that phone ?..for rm450 I rather buy Samsung nexus S or iPhone 3gs...

• 2013-02-15 13:15
  • vV5G

> In reply to ali rahimi @ 2013-01-20 11:38 from prnK - click to readUse wugfresh nexus toolkit..support all nexus family..the toolkit best app to help brick/root/unroot/lock/relock device for nexus

• 2013-02-15 13:11
  • vV5G

my mobiles bluetooth and usb connectivity has stopped working.....donno wat to do?

• 2013-02-10 07:15
  • 6w1H

my nexus one is dead what should i do? it doesnt start.

• 2013-02-09 15:29
  • 6P}I

> In reply to Njogz @ 2013-01-24 16:45 from i55L - click to readPress power key off and on whenever the problem arise. No need to restart mobile.

• 2013-02-04 09:51
  • wdQ0

Best Android phone i've used performance-wise. The only irritable issue is when sometimes typing the wrong key registers. Everything else with it is OK. Slightly disappointed Google not upgrading it to 4.0 or 4.1

• 2013-01-24 16:45
  • i55L

Black I installed the wrong ROM on the phone and can not be removed in any way I can help please

• 2013-01-20 11:38
  • prnK

best phone J ever had

• 2013-01-15 03:47
  • 8xfk

i need the arabic language for this device

• 2013-01-14 14:08
  • T0vC

> In reply to Drigita Rygen @ 2013-01-10 10:44 from tZkb - click to readDrigita

Thanks for info about Launcher Pro. It is good. I have a Google Nexus One gifted by my brother @shashib from USA. It rooted, Cyanogen 7.2. ADW launcher. The latter is amazingly configurable but so also complicated :-).

It has FM Radio by miui. the stereo sound quality is amazing for such a small phone. I compared the stereo sound to Samsung Galaxy Note(which is good) several times and Google HTC Nexus always is more pleasing to hear.

Luckily I never had any touch screen problems, inspite of a few low height falls(as from a chair). It does get data-frozen like any android phone which is solved quickly by a fast reboot - 3 seconds only. (Fast Reboot Pro).

• 2013-01-13 08:19
  • utNH

Google Nexus One is actually a good all-rounded phone. I'm from Malaysia and I bought mine from Lelong.my for only RM450 (from FantasyTech in lelong.my) including the shipping fee. The price is cheap though because the phone production was already discontinued and no warranty is provided by manufacturer and the seller. Initially bought with pre-installed Android 2.3.4, the phone often lags. I solved this by installing "Launcher Pro" from Google Play Store. Somehow (I don't know how), the launcher made the phone operate smoothly. Users may also try "Hi Launcher" that can be downloaded for free from Google Play Store. I'm currently using Hi Launcher as it allows more customisation of themes compared to Launcher Pro. Besides, Hi Launcher allows users to have an interface in which Home screens and App Drawer are integrated on the same screen. Therefore, users need not make any shortcut for apps on the phone's home screens. Hmm... it's kinda difficult to explain in sentences so those interested should try Hi Launcher to experience it themselves or watch the demo video of Hi Launcher in Youtube first. The only main irritating problem about this phone is the problematic touch screen, in which sometimes it registers key that I do not press (touch) and sometimes it does not respond to touch input at all. I noticed that this problem happens when you recharge the phone. I suspected that it might (I say "might") be related to the heat produced when recharging the phone's battery. Therefore, I tested the hypothesis by putting the phone in my car, under the hot sun, then tried using it. The phone made the same problem as when recharging its battery hence the hypothesis is acceptable. Nevertheless, the problem could be solved by pressing the power button to lock the phone then pressing the power button again to unlock the phone. But, trust me, the problem will occur again as long as the phone is "hot". You can feel it on your palm when it is hot. I read many articles in the internet that claimed the problem to be a hardware problem. This means the touch screen itself is problematic (although some other users do not experience such problem which I have no idea why). There is also no fix for this hardware issue. Nevertheless, I downloaded and installed "CyanogenMod 7.2 ROM" from XDA Developers' website and the problem is reduced. I don't know what happen but somehow, the problem occur less now. The good thing about CyanogenMod 7.2 is that it unlocks the radio which is factory-locked in Nexus One and it also allows users to capture HD video using the phone's 5 Megapixel camera (with the stock Android 2.3.4, the phone is unable to capture HD video). Currently, I'm using my Google Nexus One with CyanogenMod 7.2 and Hi Launcher as that combination offers the best user experience for me with the phone for the time being. In conclusion, you guys out there may consider buying this awesome all-rounded phone if you are the "adventurous" type of person that are daring to tweak it but if you're not into tweaking it, I suggest you think twice before buying the phone. Cheers :-)

• 2013-01-10 10:44
  • tZkb
Total of 2357 user reviews and opinions for HTC Google Nexus One.