HTC Google Nexus One - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.1
7.1
7.2

Best Android phone i've used performance-wise. The only irritable issue is when sometimes typing the wrong key registers. Everything else with it is OK. Slightly disappointed Google not upgrading it to 4.0 or 4.1

• 2013-01-24 16:45
  • i55L

Black I installed the wrong ROM on the phone and can not be removed in any way I can help please

• 2013-01-20 11:38
  • prnK

best phone J ever had

• 2013-01-15 03:47
  • 8xfk

i need the arabic language for this device

• 2013-01-14 14:08
  • T0vC

> In reply to Drigita Rygen @ 2013-01-10 10:44 from tZkb - click to readDrigita

Thanks for info about Launcher Pro. It is good. I have a Google Nexus One gifted by my brother @shashib from USA. It rooted, Cyanogen 7.2. ADW launcher. The latter is amazingly configurable but so also complicated :-).

It has FM Radio by miui. the stereo sound quality is amazing for such a small phone. I compared the stereo sound to Samsung Galaxy Note(which is good) several times and Google HTC Nexus always is more pleasing to hear.

Luckily I never had any touch screen problems, inspite of a few low height falls(as from a chair). It does get data-frozen like any android phone which is solved quickly by a fast reboot - 3 seconds only. (Fast Reboot Pro).

• 2013-01-13 08:19
  • utNH

Google Nexus One is actually a good all-rounded phone. I'm from Malaysia and I bought mine from Lelong.my for only RM450 (from FantasyTech in lelong.my) including the shipping fee. The price is cheap though because the phone production was already discontinued and no warranty is provided by manufacturer and the seller. Initially bought with pre-installed Android 2.3.4, the phone often lags. I solved this by installing "Launcher Pro" from Google Play Store. Somehow (I don't know how), the launcher made the phone operate smoothly. Users may also try "Hi Launcher" that can be downloaded for free from Google Play Store. I'm currently using Hi Launcher as it allows more customisation of themes compared to Launcher Pro. Besides, Hi Launcher allows users to have an interface in which Home screens and App Drawer are integrated on the same screen. Therefore, users need not make any shortcut for apps on the phone's home screens. Hmm... it's kinda difficult to explain in sentences so those interested should try Hi Launcher to experience it themselves or watch the demo video of Hi Launcher in Youtube first. The only main irritating problem about this phone is the problematic touch screen, in which sometimes it registers key that I do not press (touch) and sometimes it does not respond to touch input at all. I noticed that this problem happens when you recharge the phone. I suspected that it might (I say "might") be related to the heat produced when recharging the phone's battery. Therefore, I tested the hypothesis by putting the phone in my car, under the hot sun, then tried using it. The phone made the same problem as when recharging its battery hence the hypothesis is acceptable. Nevertheless, the problem could be solved by pressing the power button to lock the phone then pressing the power button again to unlock the phone. But, trust me, the problem will occur again as long as the phone is "hot". You can feel it on your palm when it is hot. I read many articles in the internet that claimed the problem to be a hardware problem. This means the touch screen itself is problematic (although some other users do not experience such problem which I have no idea why). There is also no fix for this hardware issue. Nevertheless, I downloaded and installed "CyanogenMod 7.2 ROM" from XDA Developers' website and the problem is reduced. I don't know what happen but somehow, the problem occur less now. The good thing about CyanogenMod 7.2 is that it unlocks the radio which is factory-locked in Nexus One and it also allows users to capture HD video using the phone's 5 Megapixel camera (with the stock Android 2.3.4, the phone is unable to capture HD video). Currently, I'm using my Google Nexus One with CyanogenMod 7.2 and Hi Launcher as that combination offers the best user experience for me with the phone for the time being. In conclusion, you guys out there may consider buying this awesome all-rounded phone if you are the "adventurous" type of person that are daring to tweak it but if you're not into tweaking it, I suggest you think twice before buying the phone. Cheers :-)

• 2013-01-10 10:44
  • tZkb

i have problem with my nexus one its hanging nor shut down neither open
what should i do? software installing or flash

• 2013-01-09 17:59
  • IT@g

v,v,good pfone

• 2013-01-07 18:48
  • 2@r$

> In reply to shah nawaz awan @ 2013-01-03 07:44 from sUvW - click to readThaks but what's the problem ?
Dis you test MIUI Rom for Nexus One ? Is there a difference between this phone and others like HTC Desire ?

• 2013-01-05 11:07
  • HIkw

plz don't flash nexus one with any ROM. or dont try 2 update to ICS or Jellybean. it can be dangerous. it sometimes fails ur any function(s). only update to 2.3.6(gingerbread). it's enough to use best features.

• 2013-01-03 07:44
  • sUvW

htc nexus one is pretty good hand set for use. power button can be raplaced by 'fix power button app' on play store. it enables u 2 unlock with volume button. if u want to update to gingerbread simply goto system updates if it is available download it or other wise goto this link it'll give u the whole procedure http://androidcommunity.com/go...te-20110503/

• 2013-01-03 07:40
  • sUvW

> In reply to tito @ 2013-01-01 06:00 from KSe{ - click to readi m using this handset,it's fantastic. i've upgraded it to android 2.3.6(gingerbread). it's awsum.

• 2013-01-01 16:38
  • uCwE

> In reply to Karthik @ 2012-12-20 16:38 from t1$E - click to readgus i am planning to buy this phone!could you guys help me in telling whether this is a good decision or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• 2013-01-01 06:00
  • KSe{

> In reply to giwapoints@90.com @ 2012-12-20 13:51 from qPRK - click to readYou're saved man! as you might guess you're not the only one to have trouble with the power button, simply open the Play Store from your phone and download one of the free apps available for free ;-)
I've tried "Tap Tap App" it works well (although I've no other personal interest in it, it's just a good app)
Install it and you'll be able to wake you phone up with a double tap on the screen.
I hope it will help ! enjoy.
gnatsum13@hotmail.com

• 2012-12-27 00:44
  • 4Bh2

> In reply to giwapoints@90.com @ 2012-12-20 13:51 from qPRK - click to readYou're not alone...!
There's a little application to download wich allows to use alternate methods to bypass the power button.
I've used it in the past, it works great!..then my phone decided to heal himself and the power button came back :-)
the last free app I've seen on the Play Store is called "Tap Tap App" and cool... enjoy!
Mike

• 2012-12-27 00:39
  • 4Bh2

its a gud phone..sxy phone wit a OK performance ...;)

• 2012-12-20 16:38
  • t1$E

> In reply to njengacity @ 2012-10-22 20:13 from Ns2h - click to readhow do i replace my htc google nexus one switch on button. the switch on button is not responding

• 2012-12-20 13:51
  • qPRK

hii i have useing htc google nexus one....very nice phone

• 2012-12-19 18:43
  • 7tA}

> In reply to aniket @ 2012-12-12 08:45 from ut$S - click to readYep.... U can get it from ebay.in for Rs.9990... Check it out soon...

• 2012-12-16 18:27
  • vGQa

> In reply to hashnine @ 2012-12-04 12:28 from u7J% - click to readHey,I am from India and wanna purchase htc google nexus one,is it available in India?whare?how much?
please reply

• 2012-12-12 08:45
  • ut$S
Total of 2343 user reviews and opinions for HTC Google Nexus One.