NITIN, 13 Oct 2010hi alll
pls let me know tht m going to buy this phone so is it worth bying it this time coz t... moreHi!
Yes this fone is pretty decent. I have it and love it. It has never hung when I use it, has a great memory, great music player, user interface, etc. Its got HTC sense which makes the fone ring louder if its in ur pocket or in a purse, or somewhere its likely to be heard low, in case it rings. then, if u choose an option, it'll decrease the ring when it senses u have taken the fone in ur hand and r about to answer the call. i like the fone, as it has a great huge screen, gud clear resolution, although a bit unclear under the sun, which is a problem with every fone with these screens. u can buy it definitely, and without regrets!
Liverpool, 13 Oct 2010months ago i changed my origion dutch rom version to a uk rom version using a uk S/N ,,u helpe... moreOk so all I think you need is a UK SPL to make a full conversion.
What I am going to explain is who to take the SPL from the (3.14) ROM you downloaded and make it your new SPL and install the ROM at the same time.
1. Us winzip or 7zip and extract the files that make up the ROM you downloaded.
2. in the files you extracted fine the RUU_signed.nbh (should be over 270mb)
3. rename that file to LEOIMG.nbh
4. Copy LEOIMG.nbh to the root of your SD card.
5. Have more then 50% power in your battery.
6. Power off your phone.
7. Hold the “volume down” key and power on the phone.
8. Release the “volume down” key as soon as you see the gray screen with the blue writing.
9. Follow the onscreen instructions. (this kind of flash take longer and show you what it is doing, you don’t have to be connected to your PC.)
10. When it is successfully finished you will have to remover the battery to restart the phone.
11. After you have started you can delete the LEOIMG.nbh from your SD card.
Note: This would have changed your SPL and install the ROM at the same time. after that procedure all UK update ROMs for the S/N will install the normal way as if you had a UK phone. Only time you will have to do it the above way again is if you want to go back to the Dutch SPL or some other country SPL.
Let me know how it goes.
Anthony, 13 Oct 2010You can install cookie home tab on an original ROM that is using SPL. (That is how my phone is... moremonths ago i changed my origion dutch rom version to a uk rom version using a uk S/N ,,u helped me back then to do the change.
and then i installed co0kie home tab , now i want to upgrade to rom 3.14 uk version and again after upgrading having co0kie home tab.
so right now iv a uk rom version with a uk S/N
sam, 12 Oct 2010how can get skype for hd2 helpEmail me at anthony.gsmarena$live.com and I will send you the skype .cab file for windows mobile.
jay, 13 Oct 2010got the same problem omo... i bet ur phone is already fixed by now.. if that so mind if u shar... moreOnly way to fix that lock out it to do a factory reset, using the power/volume keys method.
Note: that problem is common in ROMs older than 1.66 you should upgrade your ROM after you get back in or don’t use a past key, if you are staying with your old ROM because you will get locked out again.
Liverpool, 13 Oct 2010option 1 cuz i want to cook my rom with Co0kie hometab 2.0You can install cookie home tab on an original ROM that is using SPL. (That is how my phone is)
You NEED the HSPL only if you are going to use a ROM that was not digitally signed by HTC or you are going to mix and match radio version with other ROM versions. If all you want is to have your phone come up as being digitally signed as a UK phone every time you have to install a ROM, then all you have to do is replace your Dutch SPL with a UK SPL.
So which do you want to do? Change your SPL for HSPL3 or change you SPL for the UK SPL?
Syrus, 12 Oct 2010I'm tired of this waiting game. I want to buy one good phone which is similar or better than H... moreHA HA Nice to know that..Syrus buy from Anthony .He got 3 HD2 and he didn't know what to do with it he he...
Liverpool, 13 Oct 2010Hi Anthony,
I tried to install the HTC 3.14 ROM but after %1 of the process it stopped and i ... moredepending on how long ago you changed your ROM from being Dutch, i may not have used HSPL to get pass your dutch SPL. we may have used SSPL or Gold Card.
you have 2 options,
1. you can install HSPL3 now to replace your SPL.
2. you can replace your Dutch SPL with the SPL that is in the 3.14 ROM you downloaded, using the SD CARD method.
let me know which you want to do.
option 1 is the way to go if you plan to use cooked ROMs. option 2 is the way to go if you want to keep things all original.
Anthony, 13 Oct 2010Ok, I have installed the HTC 3.14 ROM I know I said I would give a report after 2 days but th... morehello man , hi anthony , plz can you help me . i have samsung omina 2 , and i want update to windows mobile 6.5.3 . can you help how can i updade t , and can i install in samsung omina 2 YouTube client ???
pls let me know tht m going to buy this phone so is it worth bying it this time coz this s a windows based phone earlier m using a bb
Anthony, 13 Oct 2010Ok, I have installed the HTC 3.14 ROM
I know I said I would give a report after 2 days but th... moreHi Anthony,
I tried to install the HTC 3.14 ROM but after %1 of the process it stopped and i got this message:
Error 292 : This update utility cannot be used fro your PDA Phone.check your Update Utility.
i use the uk rom version 1.66 since u long time ago gave me an UK Serialnumber,and my origional version is Dutch.
PerceptorA, 12 Oct 2010A new Rom upgrade (3.14) has been released for the HTC HD2 of European Market! Check out the ... moreOk, I have installed the HTC 3.14 ROM
I know I said I would give a report after 2 days but there are some things I can say now after using it for a short time.
1. The ROM is using the new Radio version 22.214.171.124
2. I didn’t have to install “.net 3.5” for the programs that needed it with my last ROM. (looks like it has a newer “.net”)
3. The sim auto setup data base is already up to date and did not need updating
4. The Notifications window now has the X button next to each notification, so you can close a notification without having to view it first.
5. The phone dialler no longer has the slide Cover.
6. Phone dialler icons have been reorganised to look like the one from the HD mini
7. The FM Radio has the new interface like the one from the HD mini (like this one more)
8. The Voice recorder is the new one like the HD mini (it can pause and resume recording unlike the one that was in the 1.66 ROM
9. You no longer have to use any of the old hot fix files from HTC.
If I find any more new things that 1.66 did not have a will add it later.
Omo 9ja, 08 Mar 2010HELP HELP HELP
I installed swype on my HD2...did a soft reset..and my phone lock code no lo... moregot the same problem omo... i bet ur phone is already fixed by now.. if that so mind if u share what you did to resolved the problem that you encountered...
need help.. anyone who knows how to unlock an htc hd2? made a password on my unit but it suddenly wont open when im trying to unlock it...
Lynn, 12 Oct 2010Hi Anthony i am very thankful to you.you done it very well and told me every thing which i sup... moreI still have more space saving tips to give you, just give me some time and I'll post them.
PerceptorA, 12 Oct 2010A new Rom upgrade (3.14) has been released for the HTC HD2 of European Market! Check out the ... moreI'll install the new ORIGINAL 3.14 ROM tonight and will give a report about 2 days after.
High Tech, 12 Oct 2010Well we've seen the latest WP7 devices today.... Nothing released today makes me say WOW I mus... moreTry this Android Build got ( iphone,Sense,Galaxy s) ui in one Build. And Every Things work ! (MCCM SE 2.0/2.5)
Hi Anthony i am very thankful to you.you done it very well and told me every thing which i suppose to know i realy appriciate you for this and hopefully my problem will be sorted out.i do apologize couldnt reply earlier.
My HD2 just gave up on me ??? Was trying to browse in WiFi mode and Opera 5mini stalled - now HTC Sense does not work anymore. Can´t find shortcuts or target files. Soft-reset does not change anything.
My question: Tried a hard-reset by holding down volume control and switching on power button - nothing happens ???
What should I do ?
And - can I save my contacts before ? Where are the Outlook files situated ?