An HTC rep called me this morning and said my phone has passed final system test, and was shipped to me today... Said I should have it this Friday, and gave me a tracking number... This time I was told they replaced some buttons (all but the nav and power off buttons)... I asked about the power off button not being changed, because the phone will not shut off... The rep said the power off button was fine... We shall see when I get the phone Friday..... If not fixed will go right back............... Hopeing the phone is FIXED this time..................
Adam Conolly, 22 Sep 2010Hi Anthony.
I tried the first step again ie picking London and restarting and it worked. Appa... moreYou’re welcome.
But there are some things you need to know.
1. Setting the world clock is in the user manual. What you must have read is the quick start guide that comes in the box. The user manual has to be downloaded from the HTC site and is a .pdf 310 pages long.
2. Now that you are on the correct GMT by setting the clock to London, you may what to go back in and set the clock to “My location” and restart the phone and see if it keeps the correct GMT. Leaving it on London is fine if you never leave London or don’t have a data plan. But if do for both, then by setting the clock to “my location” if you went to e.g. Manchester the location on the home screen would say that and show the weather for there. That location auto switching only works if you have the clock set to “my location.”
3. if you never went to the HTC UK site you should know that there are hot fix files and maybe even a ROM update for you phone there.
Anthony, 22 Sep 2010Ok if you did set the time to London and the GMT still did not change then you are going to ha... moreHi Anthony.
I tried the first step again ie picking London and restarting and it worked. Apparently when I did it the first time the green dot wasnt on it.
Once a again thanks a million for your help. I think HTC should employ you to tap your knowledge / expertise.
john qatar , 21 Sep 2010Hi to all ......... Can someone tell me abt the HTC HD2 , coz i want to buy this phone .... moreThis htc hd2 really sucks dont buy it by any chance it get freeze every time whenever it memory reaches upto 8gb.my 3gs is better than my htc hd2.if u want to buy go ahead and buy a new iphone 4 its the best phone and the new iphone 4 released doesnt have any antenna issue so go buy it an have fun
Anonymous, 22 Sep 2010hi.
1. I am in london
2. The time is presently set at GMT+1
3. I just added london to the l... moreOk if you did set the time to London and the GMT still did not change then you are going to have to set it manually. But first pick “my location” as your default clock in the World clock menu.
Steps to set GMT manually...
Go to Settings>menu>All settings>Clock & Alarms> pick the GMT you want for the “Home” clock
Note: VERY IMPORTANT you need to look at the GMT a few times after you set it (e.g. when you go online or when you restart the phone.) To see if it auto switched back to +1 GMT. This problem does happen for a small % of people where the GPS in the phone tells the auto time sync to use the wrong GMT for your location. If this is happen to you as well, you will have to turn off both internet & provider time synchronization. I will go in to that only if you are having the problem where the time zone keeps going back to the wrong GMT.
Anonymous, 22 Sep 2010hi. 1. I am in london 2. The time is presently set at GMT+1 3. I just added london to the l... morewhen you added london did you pick it so the green dot would be on it to make it active; then restart?
Anthony, 21 Sep 2010I can help you with this because I needed to force my HD2 to use a next GMT that didn’t have d... morehi.
1. I am in london
2. The time is presently set at GMT+1
3. I just added london to the list and restarted but there was no change.
Sold my HD2 for $500. I think it's very good price for my 7 months old phone. Retail price is $700 plus as its not official here unless you buy from other country. It was really a hard decision as I fell in love with hd2 lately after all those tweaks & custom rom. I'm missing it now. Currently I'm using my old sony ericsson M600……no where near to hd2. Anyway got the money & doing research on what to buy next. I'm considering blackberry this time……..otherwise iphone4 if I decide to buy touch screen. Big thanks for all the help & support you guys have given me…..esp Anthony. Chao!
john qatar , 21 Sep 2010Hi to all .........
Can someone tell me abt the HTC HD2 , coz i want to buy this phone .... moreyes It's a good phone.
question is, is it a good phone for you?
and no one can answer that because you didn't say what you want to use it for.
Hi to all .........
Can someone tell me abt the HTC HD2 , coz i want to buy this phone ........... is it good phone?
Anonymous, 21 Sep 2010Does the htc hd2 hav a dedicated graphic chip? And does it hav good games? Reply plzNo.
it does not have a dedicated GPU but because of the CPU it is using, it does not need one.
If you think that is madness, tell it to the modern chip makers, the new Xbox that is on the market now (and almost every new smart phone coming out now).
If you want good portable games, buy a game system, (PSP, Nintendo DS) this is a smartphone a.k.a. pocket PC
When you want good digital pictures, do you go out and buy a phone or a digital SLR?
Adam Connolly, 21 Sep 2010Pls help Anthony or anyone.
I am trying to change my location as it is presently set at GMT +... moreI can help you with this because I needed to force my HD2 to use a next GMT that didn’t have daylight savings.
But there are a few things I need to know about your problem first before I tell you how to go down that road.
You want it to use London GMT…
1. Are you in London or England or any country that use there GMT?
2. What GMT is the phone set to right now?
3. did you try adding London to the World clock list, picking it and then restart the phone, one it is restarted you could always go back to the My location clock if you like?
Pls help Anthony or anyone.
I am trying to change my location as it is presently set at GMT + 1 but I cant seem to do that . Can anyone help advise how I can set my location to GMT London time.I have checked the manual and fiddled with all the phone settings to no avail.
BB_H, 21 Sep 2010I have HD2 with HTC Rom.Ok.
If you have a HTC ROM then your phone auto setup the data setting when the SIM is put in. The most you may have to do is update your “settings database” just incase your provider got new settings.
These are the steps to do that (provider ROMs do not have this)….
1. Connect the phone to the internet using Wi-Fi or ActiveSync (do not try to do it with your sim data plan)
2. go to Settings>Wireless controls>Data connection>Menu>Update Database>
3. Check the auto update box & pick “update the latest settings of all operators”. Then tap “update database” and wait for further instructions on the phone screen..
4. Once it is done and your phone restarts, come back into (Settings>Wireless controls>Data connection) and make sure it is set to the correct country and Operator.
As for if you will be billed extra for using it in a non BB….. There is only one way to know if your provider will do you that. You have to try it and see what your bill looks like at the end of the month :) good lock
Does the htc hd2 hav a dedicated graphic chip? And does it hav good games? Reply plz
High Tech, 21 Sep 2010I plan to keep my HD2 (it's still a nice phone. with all the things you can do.)... If I do se... moreHD2 phones with ATT 3G are still pricy $650 to $859.... Why are they still so high????? You can get a none ATT 3G for around $350 to $500......