Anthony, 16 Sep 2010if you are actually using the phone and It's not just in sleep mode all day. yes you have to c... moreyou can also charge from any PC/MAC USB port with a standard cable and no drivers are need. (great if you work in a office)
Anonymous, 16 Sep 2010Hey Anthony, is it true that you have to charge this phone daily?if you are actually using the phone and It's not just in sleep mode all day. yes you have to charge it every day. It's not going to make 2days. invest in a car charger because the battery dose charge fast.
Paula, 16 Sep 2010See if the model you want is supported in your country, checking the manufacturer’s local site... moreif you need help with a htc phone you check XDA. talking to htc help desk is point less. its like the people that work there never used any of the phones, so they can only tell you what you can read your self in the user manual that is available online. so if you think not having a help desk in your area is a problem, I can say people that have the htc help desk are no better off. XDA is a major part of what makes this phone grate.
See if the model you want is supported in your country, checking the manufacturer’s local site. If not, examine carefully the warranty conditions your seller is giving.
I couldn’t buy this phone because it would be too risky in my country. No assistance at all.
nick, 15 Sep 2010interesting you recommend skyfire
On symbian it's a horrible, clunky browser
now on the ... moreI have to agree with you that the user experience on opera is top notch but there are things I could have done on skyfire (when it was working in my region) that I could not do with any other mobile browser made for windows mobile to date.
Skyfire would let me do “online banking” which need java script, watch “cnettv” which need full flash, not flash light. And for my wife, she could play facebook Farmville in it. I want to know what other browser I can do any of those thinks now that skyfire does not work in my region anymore?
Anthony, 15 Sep 2010I have been using this phone for 10 months now so let me help you out with the ones that I can... moreinteresting you recommend skyfire
On symbian it's a horrible, clunky browser
now on the htc hd2, it's still a horrible clunky browser
the internet surfing is superb on opera 9.7, and surpasses all the other browsers easily
[deleted post]HTC HD2 is the best windows mobile phone there is right now no matter what brand you pick.
And if you like Android, Desire or the up coming Desire HD is the best from HTC. Can’t say if it’s the best on the market no matter what brand.
I gave 2 because people that use Microsoft office / outlook will not go for an Android phone as there main phone. And people that are heavy users of google productivity suits will find Android is better for them.
there are these codes that let u check and test many things on othere fones,like screen testing,sound menu testing and stuff..
are there the same codes for HD2 as well?
imtiaz, 15 Sep 2010I am using this for 2 months....
Advantages- awesome display, very fast INTERNET browsing, ... moreI have been using this phone for 10 months now so let me help you out with the ones that I can…
1. Internet explorer is crap everyone knows that, you have to use opera or if you are in one of the lucky areas use skyfire.
2. for the blur you can take the flash off of auto and but it on “always on” that way you will get a faster shutter speed and cut down on bad pic’s
3. use the player in the since UI it has a library that read the song tags to sort music (not files names). From in there you just make play list and save them or you can even make the play list on your windows media player on your PC and sync it to the phone.
If you music is not tagged correctly then use a program called mp3Tag to edit the tags on the PC or “Mp3 Tag Editor 2” which can be installed on the phone to edit tag from the phone.
5. The redio dose have stereo you just have to pick it. (and buy a good ear bud, the one you get with the phone sounds like a tin pan lol)
7. You get screen covers with other phone because there screens are made of plastic and use resistive tech... HD2 has a screen made of gorilla glass (look it up and see what that means) . And take it from me, one of the people that buy the screen protector as soon as I got the phone. (IT IS A WAST OF MONY) I took it off. Spend your money and buy a gel case, the body of the phone will scratch a lot faster than the gorilla glass screen.
8. And yes you can rearrange files this is not an iPhone. That is what file explorer if for. What do you think the cut, copy, paste, paste shortcut and select all in edit, under the menu key is for?
If you have any more questions feel free to ask :)
I am using this for 2 months....
Advantages- awesome display, very fast INTERNET browsing, camera & music quality is very good, comfortable weight, navigation system good, call quality good, accelerato motor works fine, good touch sensitivity, overall set response is good.
Experienced Disadvantage- 1)most common problem is with the browser...say, you r using INTERNET explorer. the touch screen hangs frequently, like it doesn't response to selective touch..you have to scroll the page to awake it....my frnd sold his HD2 for this problem..
2) camera unable to capture movable object even a single person...if the person moves slightly, your picture will cm blur.
3)media player unable to play the all songs continuously because you cant select multiple songs at a time to play...so select one song, hear it, then close media player and select another.....the built in music player has a bad ass library system.
4) you cant use equalizer with out head phone and once you disconnect the head phone, your equalizer settings will be lost...you have to set your equalizer each time you connect headphone...
5) no stereo radio.
6)need charge very frequently (per day)
7)No screen cover, you have to buy one....every other mobile company provides screen cover with touch screen set.
8)you cant rearrange the files in your memory card, that means you cant select multiple files at a time...(say, moving pics or music from one file to another)... you have to connect it to PC to do the job...thats irritating...
Now its your decision.
style, 15 Sep 2010 Specifications of HTC HD3 •4.5-inch WXGA Super AMOLED multi-touch display •8 megapixel cam... moreFrom what I heard the HD3 will be called the HD7... Also WP7 doesn't support an SD Card... I heard the HD3/HD7 will have 32GB of storage not a SD Card slot...
After using this phone for 3 months. I have flashed to many different cooked roms. None of the roms seem to be stable. I guess Window mobile is just not stable period. I regret buying this damn phone!!!! sigh
Specifications of HTC HD3
•4.5-inch WXGA Super AMOLED multi-touch display
•8 megapixel camera with dual-LED flash
•720p HD video recording
•1080p HD playback
•Wi-Fi / Bluetooth
•3G / 4G connectivity
•32GB microSD support
•1GB RAM / 1GB ROM
•1.5GHz Snapdragon processor
•1800 mAh battery
•115mm x 65mm x 10mm