+ The darling of XDA Developers - custom ROMs of various operating systems for every HD2 user
+ Lovely design
+ Gorgeous HTC Sense graphical user interface
+ Decent headphone sound quality
+ Decent JPEG photography and gallery browsing
+ Decent H.264 and 3GPP video recording and playback
+ Nifty Contacts database
+ Power-user-friendly Windows Mobile 6 OS
+ Removable and replaceable cell battery
+ Supports microUSB cards up to 32GiB capacity Class 10 speed
- With stock ROMs, the radio switches from WiFi to mobile data without telling you if it cannot find a WiFi access point!
- Loudspeaker is not very loud
- Average default web browsing experience - try using Opera Mobile/Mini instead
- With stock ROMs, some YouTube videos are unplayable
- Mediocre FM radio sensitivity
- Not very durable - plastic coat of keypad wears off after a year of daily use - glass cracks after a hard fall or two
- Mediocre call quality
- Underlying Windows Mobile 6, designed with stylus-controlled PDAs in mind, is a pain to use with fingers
- GPU slows down old Windows Mobile apps designed for a 320x240 display resolution
htc hd2 it's very bad phone... alwys hang,stupid. I like my nokia X very smoothly. it performs great.hahaha htc hd2 bulshit.
This phone has lollipop 5.1.1 rom and its so fast that I got cancer and ebola.Best phone ever.
Kucing Garang, 21 Aug 2015It's funny knowing this kind of size used to be called monstrous some years ago, while by toda... moreI got one and people make fun of me with things like "oh, look at his tablet". Now they're using 5.5" or more
It's funny knowing this kind of size used to be called monstrous some years ago, while by today's standard it's falls into midrange-compact size.
hey everyone I really like this phone & want to buy one does anyone have any idea where I can buy one?
This phone...well where do I start.
Came with Windows Phone OS...used for 2 years then shifted to Android ICS, then Jellybean, then KitKat...yes kitkat...ran everything that I threw at it, Windows RT, Ubuntu, Firefox OS...okay I should stop now..retired! Got HTC One M7, lasted 9 months so switched to Galaxy S5 Active now
It's a legendary phone, I still use it, 4 years now, and it's still pretty usable with 4.2.2 Android ROM. The battery is dying, so probably soon I will decommission the veteran, perhaps in favor of a Moto E.
Does anyone have the latest unlocked whatsapp installer for windows 7.0 on the htc hd2. My regular phone died recently and i would like to use this one for a few months before i get a new one. Thank you
Recently using my HD2 again since my daily driver died.
It's surprising how well a 6 year old phone works in 2015. That said the lack of NAND storage is what kills it. The lag in Android 4.0.4 is perfectly acceptable but because things are squeezed so tight you have almost no room for apps.
Sure you can do Data on External but then it runs like crap. I imagine the T-Mobile variant is still perfectly usable today since it has double the internal NAND.
Keep it in mind.