Devil666, 03 Nov 20091)NO video call
3)NO digital compass
4)NO 16million color display
... more3) It does have digital compass
6) Capable of using 32GB interchangeable industry standard miniSD card
9) What is the point of 5.1 channel surround sound for a screen this small? This is not a 42" or < TV
11) You donít have the phone to know how long it will last. And as I can see from the spec. the times are about the same as that of every other phone in its class
12) NO mediascape... but can get coreplayer
13) It does have trackID it even has album art(what phone you watching?)
15) NO need to wait when you can just upgrade it when wm7 comes out
16) Not everyone lives in the US so not everyone will give a sh-it if it has North American 3G bands or not.
17) Your hand to small
18) To ugly is just your point of view not facts
if you drop your phone that much, you shouldn't own one... period.
accidents happen but dropping your phone that much just shows incompetency.
but large RAM thou, but is it enough to make up for the OLD outdated SNAPDRAGON (1.3GHz snapdragons r already in production and ready to release)
NO HD radio - what a bummer!..
1)NO video call
3)NO digital compass
4)NO 16million color display
6)NO 16 GB internal storage
7)ONLY 5MP camera
8)NO HD recording
9)NO 5.1 channel surround sound (even virtual doesn't exist)
10)NO DNSE 2.0 speakers (or Dolby enhanced speakers)
11)TOO small of a battery for such large screen (device=battery drainer)
14)NO Android (but that is people's preference)
15)NO REAL multitouch as it still runs on WM 6.5 (HTC shoulda waited till WM 7.0)
16)NO North American 3G bands
18)TOO ugly (on the back)
I'm HTC = lesser innovations leads to lesser risks and cheaper parts, which leads us to MORE MONEY!!! and yep MONEY is all I care about!!
Thank u all, ononymous will continue my work!!
ProjectCM3, 03 Nov 2009Please post the Chinese website High Tech.
Here are some things that I've been thinking/wo... more2. Do 4.3 inch screen protectors even exist...
Answer yes and here is the link to buy it for this phone.
3. Companies do create higher; more powerful batteries for the cell phone but the phone have to start selling first...
I Had a HD look the higher mAh battery I have seen for its 2500mAh.
1500mAh back cover does not have to change for this one.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970The HD2 is reported to maybe with O2 on the 6th. T-Mobile will also have it but Im not sure when.
Devicewire are receiving there stock on the 11th if you want it sim free-£499 plus free delivery.
I had a go with the HD2 today at HTCs PR company in London. It is amazing!
High Tech, 03 Nov 2009No. I purchase full body potection for my phones (Invisable Sheild or Clear Coat). Put in a re... morePlease post the Chinese website High Tech.
Here are some things that I've been thinking/wondering about:
1. Does anyone know of any company that exists, who modify cell phone bodies? Example would be, say...I wanted my HD2 to have an all steel or aluminum body. I would select the material on the website, send in my phone, and voila...it comes back in a new metal/leather/carbon...etc. case.
2. Do 4.3 inch screen protectors even exist?
3. Are there any companies that design and create higher, more powerful batteris for the HD2, or any other cell phone for that matter? If yes, which ones?
4. Why are all these fanboy wars still going on? I mean, I remember when the PlayStation and Nintendo 64 came out, people were totally either in the PS camp or the N64 camp...but seriously, grown men and women should have outgrown these childish games. If one is better than the other, that's fine, save your money and get the best. Period. These word wars don't help or support anyone, so why bother? It'e better to educate yourself, and know the facts, than be ignorant, holding tight with both hands to whatever device your prefer, and screaming out loud that "mine is better!!!"
5. Lastly, I can't wait to purchase an HD2 of my own!
Anonymous, 03 Nov 2009If the HD2 won't get an official support for Windows Mobile 7/6.5.1 from HTC, then I doubt if ... moreYou never use a HTC windows mobile phone have you?
Even if HTC does not upgrade this phone to 7(and Iím NOT saying that they are not going to doing the upgrade because when I asked thatís not what they said) you will still get the upgrade and more from XDA or www.htcpedia.com
Do you see how many free roms there are for HTC phones on their sites?
High Tech, 03 Nov 2009No. I purchase full body potection for my phones (Invisable Sheild or Clear Coat). Put in a re... moreInvisible Shield or Clear Coat looks good but I still want the flexiskin....
From what I see of the clear coat add right here on gsmarena I know it will stop starching. The phone is coming with a black leather case from HTC But only a silicon skin can stop shock damage from a far fall, when you are in a call or it is out of your belt clip case when you are using it. (I have a 1 & half year old; you don't what to know the things she will do to a phone when she gets her hand on it.) Anyway still send the link so I can see what that site can do...
If the HD2 won't get an official support for Windows Mobile 7/6.5.1 from HTC, then I doubt if its worth buying. It's kinda pity that a product of this caliber won't be able to support an OS which is only few months from launch.
Anthony, 03 Nov 2009Did you get the screen protector for your HTC HD2 one time?
I did, because after looking at o... moreNo. I purchase full body potection for my phones (Invisable Sheild or Clear Coat). Put in a request for them to make one for the HD2. Also found a China company that makes cases for phones. Had them make me one for my omnia 2. You design the case the way you want (colors, leather, fabric, belt clip, name on the outside, etc..). The cost is only $39.XX with free shipping. If anyone wants the link I'll post it?????
One of the first things I want to get besides a case and screen cover, is extra battery and destop charging base....
High Tech, 03 Nov 2009I have a Omnia 2. Had it for about a month now. The phone is Great. I think it's the Best phon... moreDid you get the screen protector for your HTC HD2 one time?
I did, because after looking at one of my friends Iphone, I think it is a must have. The screen was scratch like hell (not as bad as a resistive touchscreen would be with the same abuse, but still real messed up) The HD came with a screen protector in the box but I donít see any mention of one with the HD2
I have a Omnia 2. Had it for about a month now. The phone is Great. I think it's the Best phone on the market today (right now until HD2 hits). This phone has great features that I've yet to explore. One think that bugs me is that Samsung is SLOW to release the 6.5 update for this phone. To me, when MS annouced the rollout of WM 6.5 Samsung should've had the update ready for there customers who bought the WM version 6.1 phone. I don't think they have phones ready to release with WM 6.5??? It's taking too long for an update. HTC already relased the WM 6.5 update for the Diamond 2 and Touch Pro 2!!!!!!!! It seems HTC is the better company when it comes to phones and updates. Also there's more support for their phone's as well. If you want to update your phone there's plenty of developers out there like Xda developers to take HTC phones to another level. I don't see that much support for the Omnia 2. I just recently purchased a HTC HD2 and cannot wait to get it. I still love the Omnia 2, but that HD2 is a Great looking powerful phone......
High Tech, 03 Nov 2009Because I wanted it during the first release on Nov. 11th. Didn't want to wait til Thanksgivin... more Could you do me a favour as you already paid for your phone?
Iím trying to get BoxWave to make a FlexiSkin for it as soon as possible. Because if I could, I would buy the skin in time for when I get the phone.
Iím ruff on cell phones and that skin worked great on my HD. I was able to get £300 for my HD when I sold it, because it was in such good condition.
Could you place a product request for the flexiSkin for the HTC HD2 on their web site? Here is the link
The more people that make the request the more likely they will make it and make it fast.
Anthony, 03 Nov 2009dont take it the wrong way, but i realy want to know...
Why you did not buy it from clove to ... moreBecause I wanted it during the first release on Nov. 11th. Didn't want to wait til Thanksgiving to get my phone. I will be out of town on business and holiday at that time......
Because I wanted it during the first release on Nov. 11th. Didn't want to wait til Thanksgiving to get my phone. I will be out of town on business and holiday at that time......