HTC HD2 - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.7
7.4
7.6

> In reply to Anthony @ 2009-10-27 14:13 from LKmJ - click to readThanks a lot Anthony! will be ordering this friday..Yeheyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2009-10-28 04:08
  • PUSb

since anthony is the only one answering inquires...do u know if this has an FM Transmitter ???

• 2009-10-28 03:00
  • 0BSa

I think 4.2" for a phone is too much. this phone will be ideal if it was 3.5"

• 2009-10-28 01:34
  • 3Cex

Will buy this when it's released on the 11th or 20th of november. This will be my phone until there's a phone that comes out with 1080p recording and 64GB to 128GB memory built in. Hopefully we will see this type of phone in a few years (2011 or 2012)???

• 2009-10-28 01:09
  • kNkH

> In reply to Anthony @ 2009-10-27 18:57 from LKmJ - click to readThank you Anthony for your response, I really appreciate it. Now, let me see if I have everything straight:

1. If WinMo 7 will support 16M colors (hopefully it will, do you know?) then the HTC HD2 will display 16M colors if the user decides to upgrade to WinMo 7, correct?

2. I'm not entirely up-to-date with what "cooked rom" is...as I am new to the whole mobile phone market. Can you please explain a bit more?

3. With regards to the wallpaper question, bottom line is, if I wanted to display nothing but a picture of...lets say...my dog, then that would be possible, without anything else on the main screen?

4. As far as the TV-Out feature goes, your saying that it's got that feature, but I have to buy a special cable, is that correct? If yes, are there any settings that must be set within the HD2 itself, or is it basically plug-and-play?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions. Any advice or tip anyone might have is totally welcomed and much appreciated!

• 2009-10-28 00:45
  • mDcW

To people that plan to buy this phone...
I’m trying to get BoxWave to make a FlexiSkin for it as soon as possible. Because if I could, I would buy the skin in time for when I get the phone.
If you feel the same way about it, place a product request for the flexiSkin for the HTC HD2 on their web site. Here is the link
The more people that make the request the more likely they will make it and make it fast.

• 2009-10-27 23:34

> In reply to ProjectCM3 @ 2009-10-27 17:17 from mDcW - click to read
1. The HTC HD2 is capable of 16M colours just like the HTC HD, but limited to 65K because of the WinMo.

2. The HTC HD2 will be upgradeable to WinMo 7 when it comes out. (Free from HTC or free as cooked rom first)

3. The HTC HD2 is capable of displaying a still or animated picture or time Zone weather animation wallpaper in the background of the giant clock, apps shortcuts, weather...etc. on the main screen(Clock is translucent)

4. just like the rest of HTC's the HTC HD2 has TV-Out feature but you have to buy an aftermarket cable to do it.

• 2009-10-27 18:57
  • LKmJ

Hello everyone, I had a few questions I was hoping might be answered with regards to the HTC HD2. They are:

1. Is the HTC HD2 16M colors capable, but limited to 65K because of the WinMo 6.5...or is it 65K no matter what OS it's running?

2. Is the HTC HD2 upgradeable to WinMo 7 when it comes out? (if yes, free or charge?)

3. Is the HTC HD2 capable of displaying a wallpaper instead of the giant clock, apps shortcuts, weather...etc. on the main screen?

4. Does the HTC HD2 have a TV-Out feature?

5. When will it be available on the o2 network in Germany?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies, they are much appreciated! :)

• 2009-10-27 17:17
  • mDcW

> In reply to nancy @ 2009-10-27 15:52 from Tr0r - click to readI don’t know the frame rate but I don’t see why it would not be 30fps. I will give facts when I get the phone in my hand in November. :)

• 2009-10-27 16:14

Hi Anthony .. tell me about frame rate fps of VGA camera of HD2 .. please

• 2009-10-27 15:52
  • Tr0r

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-10-27 04:26 from TII{ - click to readit does take video(VGA not HD video), what it does not have is a secondary camera for video calls (which you can only do on a compatible 3G network even if it did have the secondary camera “I had the HTC TOUCH HD so I know from experience”.)

• 2009-10-27 14:25
  • LKmJ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-10-27 14:09 from muym - click to readNovember 11th it will be in stock at www.clove.co.uk
They are taking pre-orders now.
I put in my order already.
Last time I waited for it to be in stock to buy my HTC TOUCH HD, I still had to do more waiting because the pre-order people took all of the first batch.

• 2009-10-27 14:18
  • LKmJ

> In reply to Guapo Ako @ 2009-10-27 07:49 from PUSb - click to readYes Singapore is in the shipping list
£24 Airsure Tracked Mail
Or
£34 DHL Int Courier
£439 for the phone, you pay the none Vat price (and it is the English/UK version.)
If you buy it and you don’t mind, could you Wright them and let them know that Anthony from Trinidad, that you talked to on gsmarena recommended them to you. Start or end it with “Attention Chris Love”

• 2009-10-27 14:13
  • LKmJ

Well - I've been waiting for the Nokia N900 but they just announced that it will not be released until late January 2010 - Not waiting that long! - I'm getting this HTC HD2 instead. Does anyone know when it is due to be released.

• 2009-10-27 14:09
  • muym

all you Iphone lovers shouldn't even be allowed to post on this site. This site is only for real gadget users bot toy lovers! First learn about the incredible combination HTC/WIMO and then write a review and stop posting things like "iphone's screen is better". Better meaning what? It cracks weekly? Lower resolution? Only professional user will appreciate a powerful machine like HTC HD, and kids will always love iphone because they can use it too.

• 2009-10-27 13:27
  • mARM

no secondary camera is not good
this phone needs secondary camera !

• 2009-10-27 12:28
  • HHHH

GSMARENA, please make a review of the HTC HD2!!!! We need to compare and know your professional opinion

Thanks.

• 2009-10-27 10:23
  • ndCt

Two things, 512 ROM and low capacity battery. When will HTC learn?

• 2009-10-27 09:56
  • w6Lb

the screen is not AMOLED ok. But obviously, it far better than the apple iphone's screen ;]

• 2009-10-27 08:06
  • vx3W

Hi Anthony,

Is Singapore included in the shipping lists for the HD2 at www.clove.co.uk? Thanks!

• 2009-10-27 07:49
  • PUSb
Total of 12329 user reviews and opinions for HTC HD2.