HTC HD2 - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.7
7.4
7.6

Will the HD2 work on T-Mobile's 3G network?

• 2009-10-28 17:24
  • jWx9

I am a BB user (for several years now). Last HTC used was the T-Mobile Dash which would crash/freeze too often.

I am glad to say I have been mulling the switch to WinMo for obvious reasons.

Flexibility of WinMo is amazing but stability is such a daunting thought. Has MS solved stability issues?

I am considering the HD2 on T-Mobile as soon as it is released.

I don't see speaker-independent voice command in the specs/features for this device. Can anyone confirm/deny that it exists?

I travel quite a bit and use the voice command via Bluetooth in my car. This is something that would be difficult to sacrifice.

• 2009-10-28 17:13
  • jWx9

This phone is aesome had a go with it at a vodafone conference so smooth and incredibly fast multitouch is very smooth and the weather applications are fantastic. Also the phone is effortlessly thin!!!

• 2009-10-28 14:56
  • pJdq

> In reply to Anthony @ 2009-10-28 05:08 from LKmJ - click to readAnthony, you rock! Thanks so much for your in depth answers and clear explanations. I will be checking out the 2 websites you put out, and hopefully get a better understanding.

As for turning off Sense UI...I don't know if it will be worth it, just for 1 picture as a wallpaper. Like you said, I can just have it be displayed as a screen-saver instead. Thanks again Anthony!

• 2009-10-28 13:23
  • mDcW

I read that this does not have a secondary camera and it's bad well does the the iphone have a secondary camera for video calls????????????? don't dis something that other phones don't have as well

i'm planning to but this phone as long as it becomes available in the philippines

• 2009-10-28 12:21
  • UD}4

could someone PLEASE tell me if this will be available in the Philippines???? cheers^^

• 2009-10-28 11:59
  • pU2D

is there any official statement saying that this device will has upgrade for windows mobile 7 ?

• 2009-10-28 09:26
  • MsP5

> In reply to ProjectCM3 @ 2009-10-28 00:45 from mDcW - click to readfollow up
Pro2 and Diamond2 window mobile 6.5 rom update from HTC is now on the HTC site.
so its not going to any more it was done. :)

• 2009-10-28 05:08
  • LKmJ

> In reply to ProjectCM3 @ 2009-10-28 00:45 from mDcW - click to read1. Yes to the first question.
2. The rom on a phone is like the OS image you get on a new HP PC. So when you do a factory reset of your PC if formats the drive and puts back the OS image that came from HP. On the phone it puts back the OS image that came from HTC. When HTC makes a new rom for a phone like what they did with the HD and what they are going to do with the Pro2 and Diamond2 it replaces the old rom on the phone. So when you do a factory reset, instead of the phone going back to how it was when you got it. It goes to what the new rom wants it to have and look like.
But there are other people making roms for HTC phones it is not considered an official rom but it works and it is a way to get updates that HTC would have you buy a new phone to get. Those roms are known as cooked roms. It was made-up/cooked-up by someone outside of HTC.
A cooked rom is what I used to get windows mobile 6.5 and leo on my HTC TOUCH HD when it was still in testing. Take a look at this site, there are a lot of cooked roms there for htc phones.
http://htcpedia.com/ under “apps”

3. You can get the picture with the stuff. If you just want the picture alone, you would have to go into today settings and turn off sense UI and just run the plain WM6.5. That would let you have a main screen with nothing but your pic if you want. Note... with the sence UI running you can put the pic of your dog as your lock screen. You would see it every time your phone locks and it would have nothing blocking it there.

4. TV out...look at this link
it’s the same for the HTC TOUCH HD and will be the same for HTC HD2

• 2009-10-28 04:44
  • LKmJ

> In reply to Anthony @ 2009-10-27 14:13 from LKmJ - click to readThanks a lot Anthony! will be ordering this friday..Yeheyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2009-10-28 04:08
  • PUSb

since anthony is the only one answering inquires...do u know if this has an FM Transmitter ???

• 2009-10-28 03:00
  • 0BSa

I think 4.2" for a phone is too much. this phone will be ideal if it was 3.5"

• 2009-10-28 01:34
  • 3Cex

Will buy this when it's released on the 11th or 20th of november. This will be my phone until there's a phone that comes out with 1080p recording and 64GB to 128GB memory built in. Hopefully we will see this type of phone in a few years (2011 or 2012)???

• 2009-10-28 01:09
  • kNkH

> In reply to Anthony @ 2009-10-27 18:57 from LKmJ - click to readThank you Anthony for your response, I really appreciate it. Now, let me see if I have everything straight:

1. If WinMo 7 will support 16M colors (hopefully it will, do you know?) then the HTC HD2 will display 16M colors if the user decides to upgrade to WinMo 7, correct?

2. I'm not entirely up-to-date with what "cooked rom" is...as I am new to the whole mobile phone market. Can you please explain a bit more?

3. With regards to the wallpaper question, bottom line is, if I wanted to display nothing but a picture of...lets say...my dog, then that would be possible, without anything else on the main screen?

4. As far as the TV-Out feature goes, your saying that it's got that feature, but I have to buy a special cable, is that correct? If yes, are there any settings that must be set within the HD2 itself, or is it basically plug-and-play?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions. Any advice or tip anyone might have is totally welcomed and much appreciated!

• 2009-10-28 00:45
  • mDcW

To people that plan to buy this phone...
I’m trying to get BoxWave to make a FlexiSkin for it as soon as possible. Because if I could, I would buy the skin in time for when I get the phone.
If you feel the same way about it, place a product request for the flexiSkin for the HTC HD2 on their web site. Here is the link
The more people that make the request the more likely they will make it and make it fast.

• 2009-10-27 23:34

> In reply to ProjectCM3 @ 2009-10-27 17:17 from mDcW - click to read
1. The HTC HD2 is capable of 16M colours just like the HTC HD, but limited to 65K because of the WinMo.

2. The HTC HD2 will be upgradeable to WinMo 7 when it comes out. (Free from HTC or free as cooked rom first)

3. The HTC HD2 is capable of displaying a still or animated picture or time Zone weather animation wallpaper in the background of the giant clock, apps shortcuts, weather...etc. on the main screen(Clock is translucent)

4. just like the rest of HTC's the HTC HD2 has TV-Out feature but you have to buy an aftermarket cable to do it.

• 2009-10-27 18:57
  • LKmJ

Hello everyone, I had a few questions I was hoping might be answered with regards to the HTC HD2. They are:

1. Is the HTC HD2 16M colors capable, but limited to 65K because of the WinMo 6.5...or is it 65K no matter what OS it's running?

2. Is the HTC HD2 upgradeable to WinMo 7 when it comes out? (if yes, free or charge?)

3. Is the HTC HD2 capable of displaying a wallpaper instead of the giant clock, apps shortcuts, weather...etc. on the main screen?

4. Does the HTC HD2 have a TV-Out feature?

5. When will it be available on the o2 network in Germany?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies, they are much appreciated! :)

• 2009-10-27 17:17
  • mDcW

> In reply to nancy @ 2009-10-27 15:52 from Tr0r - click to readI don’t know the frame rate but I don’t see why it would not be 30fps. I will give facts when I get the phone in my hand in November. :)

• 2009-10-27 16:14

Hi Anthony .. tell me about frame rate fps of VGA camera of HD2 .. please

• 2009-10-27 15:52
  • Tr0r

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-10-27 04:26 from TII{ - click to readit does take video(VGA not HD video), what it does not have is a secondary camera for video calls (which you can only do on a compatible 3G network even if it did have the secondary camera “I had the HTC TOUCH HD so I know from experience”.)

• 2009-10-27 14:25
  • LKmJ
Total of 12338 user reviews and opinions for HTC HD2.