HTC HD7 - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.6
7.2
7.4

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-10-23 05:16 from s89i - click to readGuys, the new windows mobile 7 is not an upgrade from windows mobile 6.5
Itís the first of a new OS from Microsoft; donít let the 7 in the name confuse you.
If you remember, the first ďIĒOS and the first Android OS both were crap when they just came out but that didnít stop people from buying them. And they did come out with newer versions of their OS that now are much better. The new Windows Phone OS is no different. People will still buy it because they want to have the first and there are going to have newer versions to this OS that will be better later on.

To the Users of WinMo 6.5 especially the HTC HD2 users. Your phone may seem better now and I will have to agree, but remember this... the old code used in WinMo all the way up to 6.5 had limitations that Microsoft can deal with now in this new OS code.

1. Do you remember your WinMo OS does not support 16M color? Well the WP OS does not have that problem.

2. Do you know that the WinMo OS has to have the internal storage memory, program memory and its ROMs all on the same ROM. That is what causes your phone to slow down and even crash so much when you leave less than 10% of the total ROM space free in the storage memory space.
Well this is not a problem in the WP OS. The program memory and the storage memory, no longer need to be on the same ROM, so lag and crashing from low free internal storage space is not going to be a problem of the WP OS.

3. How many times have you downloaded a program for windows mobile 6.5 or any windows Mobile OS and then find out that it is not compatible with your hardware? This is a major problem for programmers and you the user...... this is not going to be a problem with windows phone OS because Microsoft has required that all phones have the same internal hardware if they want to use the OS, so the difference between mobiles are more or less cosmetic. When a Windows Phone OS upgrade version comes out if the hardware spec increase it will increase on all the phones that are going to come with it, not just some of the phones like what have been going on in the windows Mobile OS.

I donít give any HD2 windows mobile user wrong for not wanting to switch to the NEW windows phone OS, as it is a new born in comparison to your adult Hi end phone., but just remember windows mobile is maxed out in taking advantage of new hardware technology but windows phone OS will not remain a new born forever and its going to grow and be able to do move with every new version like all new Smartphone OS.

• 2010-10-23 14:49
  • LKm0

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-10-18 11:48 from Sr{G - click to readI agree with you!

• 2010-10-23 10:33
  • ni1k

wrost os ..what is going to make microsoft sell this.
even dont understand why they removed features which were already available in wm 6.5
thank god microsoft does not allowed my hd2 to upgrade with wp7

• 2010-10-23 05:16
  • s89i

Guys this device can do HD video recording ..
8 GB is never enough ..

• 2010-10-22 20:10
  • mED3

I must say that this phone is amazing!!! It's like you have an xbox and PC in one. I love using it. I never get bored using this phone...

• 2010-10-22 13:58
  • vxt3

- Poor battery capacity 1230mAh why not 1500mAh?

- Very limited memory 8GB without card slot.

I never buy it; I will go for SAMSUNG which gives better battery life. I don't want to stay with power plug-in all the time that I play with the phone.

• 2010-10-22 08:59
  • t@eX

> In reply to Ghanred @ 2010-10-20 10:45 from vuq{ - click to readI think secondary camera is useful when u don't have mirrors while travelling. Atleast you can set your hair looking at the screen. LOL

Regards,
Jaimin

• 2010-10-22 05:51
  • u1F5

> In reply to Joe @ 2010-10-21 19:31 from qNbm - click to readHi all I had my HD2 for 2 wk trial and returned it noit because it frooze a few times, just because the newer model was going to come out later the same year everybody is down because of it's memory issue, I have 16gb in my BB 9700 and I haven't past 8gb yet. But I would like to know how to reset it because I'm getting the HD7 and want to raise it to 32gb. oh and the secound camera I feel it's not needed.

• 2010-10-22 02:38
  • MiAL

> In reply to randyyyyyy @ 2010-10-20 20:21 from 3H4u - click to readYes you have to.
Due to Zune Software which is used to transfer files, music, video, applications, software updated and so on.
It works the same way as Itunes and Iphone, except Zune Software doesn't exist on Mac for what I know so far.
Just wonder if it could be the right time to throw your mac away and get this HTC HD7 ;)

• 2010-10-21 20:30
  • nSAS

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-10-19 19:41 from kiQW - click to readI agree too that the lack of expansion card slot is a bit of a downer. Do you think you really need anymore than 16 GB of storage? I feel for me 8 GB is enough to satisfy me, hell even 4 GB is enough.

It really depends on how much of a power-user you are. If it is mainly for music, I think I would have my favorite songs stored but I would use Pandora or another form of internet radio.

• 2010-10-21 19:31
  • qNbm

> In reply to Ghanred @ 2010-10-20 10:45 from vuq{ - click to readIn regards to the secondary camera, I think it helps if you want to take a photo of yourself (for facebook profile pic), or of you and your partner for a quick photo snap of yourselves.

I think its cool and it adds something to be able to utilize the video chat feature. I agree it isn't necessary to have but its a nice bonus to have.

• 2010-10-21 19:28
  • qNbm

> In reply to randyyyyyy @ 2010-10-20 20:21 from 3H4u - click to readThere is a beta version of Zune desktop client for Mac users and you will be able to sync but only certain items like photos, and music. The full benefits of the syncing tools come from Zune Client v4.7 for Windows users. Mac Beta version, from what I read, is good but it is only a beta (so keep that in mind). You really dont need to activate the phone via computer (i believe, if you buy the phone form your wireless carrier, they will have it activated for you). I believe you may need a Windows Live ID account to sign in for certain things (which is free and you can do that on a Mac computer, I also read though that to sign into your phone for the first time you will need a Live ID which you can do on the device itself).

I hope I was able to help you :)

• 2010-10-21 19:25
  • qNbm

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-10-17 16:05 from vGtc - click to readMy Friend...HTC HD7 Have Blue tooth feature.

• 2010-10-21 17:15
  • 3xp1

To add the option:
-Voice recorder

• 2010-10-21 08:45
  • Mfxf
  • F

Do you need to be on a windows laptop to get this phone going, at the moment I am on a MAC

• 2010-10-20 20:21
  • 3H4u

a secondary camera is not necessary cause i mean really....how many ppl actually video chat let alone wanna video chat all day with everyone ? besides that...this phone in general is gonna be garbage....you have to hard reset it everytime you remove the sd card...ultimate flaw....limited apps....ANOTHER ultimate flaw.....plus a windows OS is bad....this phone wont last long....nor will any of the windows 7 phones...tisk tisk

• 2010-10-20 17:40
  • iTXv

World latest cell phone as for Shape, size,operating syetem WP7, dimension, look but as features too lowest to compare with others.

• 2010-10-20 14:09
  • Sdr7

I'm Kry thong. Now I use the HTC Google mobile Phone Nexus one.I have suggested to HTC to add some option for HTC phone as following:
-secondary:VGA Video call Camera
-Google search ,Maps,Gmail
-Camera 8 megal pixel

• 2010-10-20 11:10
  • Mfxf

I do not understand why people say a secondary camera is needed. I owned an SGH-i780 for 2 years, and although I make about 2 1/2 hours of business calls a day, i have never needed video call - keeping this in mind, I chose the i780 over various others because it had the camera.

To be honest, i think that video calling would have gone extinct had apple not 're-invented it'.

• 2010-10-20 10:45
  • vuq{

xbox live on wp7 sells me,, iphone is crap, android is probably the best os out there, but this will be a worthy competitor,, and if microsoft will keep pouting money into this new concept, wp7 will surpass all os..... battery life is fine, I'm tired if people wining about a smartphone only lasting a day... Quit hating peopleand spouting out soecs you are unaware of, wp7 well be awesome. Period!

• 2010-10-20 05:47
  • RbXp
Total of 1465 user reviews and opinions for HTC HD7.