HTC Incredible S - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.8
7.7
7.6

I have had my Incredible for 2 days now, ok so here are the only bad/annoying things about it:

-For me, I find it hard to comfortably grip the phone in landscape view.
-Because the touch buttons are so close to the screen, sometimes my hand brushes them and the phone might send me back to the menu which is annoying and has happened quite a bit.
-For me, not sure about others, but when I watch or play anything in landscape and hold the phone on the side with the ear piece , I get a big drop in wifi signal, it even cuts it off completely. This is the major flaw for this phone, for me. The positioning of the antenna is stupid.

I only get a loss of Wifi, the 3g signal is minor loss.

Everything else is sweet. Also don't bother with app killers, its just a waste of time, only good for if you get a rogue app using up tonnes of cpu. If your phone needs more cpu, it will close background apps automatically.

Battery life: I have been using the device like crazy using wifi, web browsing, app downloading, gaming, videos. I usually get about 5-7 hours of continual gaming/browsing/video watching.

Standby not sure yet, havn't had the chance to see ^.^

Overall this is a great phone and I recommend it, only annoying thing is the placement of those touch buttons.

Hope this helps you guys looking to buy this phone.

- Aidan

H

• 2011-08-20 18:45
  • w6pT

how to hang my phone?

• 2011-08-20 12:41
  • w6L4

I wish I could say I love this phone but my experience with it has been completely frustrating. I purchased it in May 2011 so I've barely had it three months and it has already gone for repair twice for 10-15 days because it just stops charging. The first time it came back from repair it lasted 2 days before it stopped charging again. Now, for the third time, I'm having the same problem. I really hope HTC values its customers and either replaces or upgrades the phone to a model that doesn't have this faulty issue. I paid almost $700 USD for this supposed "top of the line" phone and I must say I am not satisfied AT ALL!

• 2011-08-20 08:47
  • 3JKU

hi friends

about audio quality of HTC I.S.
it can change to better position with android 2.3?
i have problem with audio quality.
what is your recommand s?
is there any solution for this problem?

• 2011-08-19 23:17
  • 0FRA

I am facing some sticks during both video and the video taken from ur cam does any facing dis prob ,pls somebody tell me how to solve dis

• 2011-08-19 22:04
  • 9CHE

I got this one about 3 months ago. Prior to this I had Desire HD .
This is the same but with much better battery life and front camera. It has been excellent and I highly recommend. Due to comparability with most video call apps our picture is upside down which is not this phone issues. Couple new features extra than Desire HD such as quick settings. I am very happy with this phone.

• 2011-08-19 19:39
  • nIev

hey guys.I wanna buy a phone which do u think is better:desire s , incredible s or xperia pro?
tnx

• 2011-08-19 15:17
  • HF6j

HI i have been using the htc incredible mobile for some time now and have no issues so far.Off late ie last 2 days my message application gets "force close" whenever it is being opened.Iam not able to read my messages.Not sure if its due to huge number of msgs in inbox.Once in a while is ok,but now iam not able to open the message tab itself.pls help

• 2011-08-19 09:43
  • RK6Z

I bought this handset few days back in Banagalore, features are good and screen is excellent! but handset has major issue with signal, it keeps dropping and behaves erraticly while you remain indoors I have tried every option including GSM only option, but problem persists and HTC customer care is not effective. So please check before you buy

• 2011-08-19 09:10
  • vGQQ

nice phone but having video call problem,we have to wait for version 2.4,its very nasty.
other specifications are very impressive,i m using this phone from 3-4 months,i dont have any problem yet.

• 2011-08-19 08:43
  • ttY4

> In reply to taz @ 2011-08-18 08:30 from 2THx - click to readGo to market on ur phone and dload it

• 2011-08-19 05:57
  • Md%v

> In reply to fcarsenal @ 2011-08-16 02:27 from Md%v - click to readhow do i get the auto task killer?

• 2011-08-18 08:30
  • 2THx

> In reply to Ced @ 2011-08-17 19:00 from d$8h - click to readHi ........i have no problems with the ringer volume. maybe the ringtone u had wasnt as loud. but this phone has an option in the sound settings that increases the ring volume when it is in ur pocket and lowers it when u get it out. maybe thats y u found it low. try playing with diff ringtones for the max vol.

• 2011-08-18 04:46
  • Md%v

Simply htc is making the best smart phones ever

• 2011-08-18 03:13
  • 3Ch{

People , I need to know the incoming ring volume of this phone ? on playing with the phone at a store and testing the ring volume by going to settings , i found it surprisingly low.do you have problems missing calls on this one ? I like this phone overall , but I'd not want to buy it if it does not satisfy the plain basics of what a phone should do.

Ced

• 2011-08-17 19:00
  • d$8h

All I can say about this smartphone its really incredible & awesome experience working on this.

• 2011-08-17 14:21
  • 7tI6

> In reply to shakeel @ 2011-08-16 10:38 from iFnr - click to readhow much u have spend to buy this phone

• 2011-08-17 06:05
  • T6r%

> In reply to grk.mo @ 2011-08-16 15:57 from utae - click to readPocket sensor uses the built in proximity sensor of ur phone to automatically lock ur phone when u put it in ur pocket and unlocks it as soon as u pull it out. no need to use the power button to lock and unlock ur screen. its a paid app tho but i got it for free using a n apk file.

• 2011-08-17 03:44
  • Md%v

> In reply to Rac @ 2011-08-12 15:05 from uCLm - click to readPress the option buttons ( at bottom of the phone-2nd button from left) in that you will get the option to unhold

• 2011-08-16 17:17
  • bCgP

> In reply to shakeel @ 2011-08-16 10:38 from iFnr - click to readTry juice defender.Better is juice defender ultimate

• 2011-08-16 16:56
  • ItWi
Total of 2372 user reviews and opinions for HTC Incredible S.