HTC Inspire 4G - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.1
7.1
7.0

> In reply to [deleted post]HI Rachit,go for desire hd..im from pune its best fone ...i bought one this month....2.3.3 is also available now...if u still thinking then see the voting results..and also read the reviews....inspire is for US not India...

• 2011-06-07 07:18
  • vwug

Well I purchased an unlocked HTC Inspire 4G in New York from a 3rd party who unlocked the phone for me. A week later after using most of the apps on it successfully except for the phone I updated the software.

After which the phone has been totally useless to me.

When I turn the phone on all I get is the AT&T splash screen and the phone will not boot up any further. I have tried the hard resets a number of times to no availe. If anybody can assist please send a reply. I have now returned to Australia with a $544 dud phone.

• 2011-05-30 11:28
  • wfBJ

This phone if unlocked can be used with TMobile for 2G only. 3G will not work with TMobile.

• 2011-05-28 23:37
  • kE2Y

> In reply to daltolp @ 2011-05-22 07:43 from 8Uc0 - click to readYes it does , dont forget the phone will use up abit of it for other apps and system file so end of the day , u might only end up getting 2G

• 2011-05-24 17:53
  • ib6J

You must first decode your HTC, in order to use it outside the US, if you bought it there. Where I live it costs 15-20 euros.

• 2011-05-24 08:57
  • p@KD

I purchased my HTC Inspire off amazon march 31st. Received it saturday may 21st (someone I know brought it to Perú from USA).

3G should work on Claro (850mHz). The problem is I can't make or receive calls. When I inserted the sim card it detected Claro as the provider. I can send and receive SMS without a problem. Just not phone calls.

I called HTC, they made my type something and and IMEI code popped, they said the phone was fine after that, that the problem was with the network and that I should go to claro since my phone is unlocked, Claro should 'lock' it to their network.
Claro said they won't touch the phone since they didn't sell it.

Now I either have to take it to technical services or start looking into the warranty and maybe return it (from Perú to USA... sigh).

Anyone familiar with this subjet that can give me a few pointers please? I'm about to try a hard reset to see if it helps.

• 2011-05-24 00:25
  • P9ms

This phone doesn't have 4GB internal storage!

• 2011-05-22 07:43
  • 8Uc0
  • F

For those of you asking if the HTC Inspire 4G will work on Airtel Africa, check your network provider's connectivity band and then check on the inspire specs to know if its supported. if it aint supported, even magic wont make it to work.

• 2011-05-21 06:11
  • nuXm
  • F

can htc ispire 4g work on airtel africa please people need your experty on this one before i buy

• 2011-05-20 20:11
  • ftT0

can i use this phone on airtel nertwork please people advice

• 2011-05-20 19:55
  • ftT0

> In reply to Shadowknight @ 2011-05-15 09:43 from q3GC - click to readhey thanks for ur review!! how can i come to know if and when battery issue is fixed in Inspire?

• 2011-05-18 19:03
  • v}Qy

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-11 08:02 from I5Kk - click to readThis phone has a total failure for a battery. Won't even stayed charged for more than 6 hours.

• 2011-05-17 17:39
  • 42cV

> In reply to Shadowknight @ 2011-05-15 09:52 from q3GC - click to readHey thank u so much.
Can it be upgradable to android 2.3?

• 2011-05-16 08:09
  • 2@k6

Can we upgrade inspire 4g to android 2.3. Please tell me.

• 2011-05-16 07:59
  • 2@k6

> In reply to Shadowknight @ 2011-05-15 09:52 from q3GC - click to readThank u so much

• 2011-05-16 07:41

• 2011-05-16 07:40
  • 2@k6

> In reply to [deleted post]Go with the Inspire for sure do not waste your time on the Desire HD..... the screen clarity and other features are much better.

• 2011-05-15 09:52
  • q3GC

As for it not working with T-Mobile 3G have one on the T-Mobile network bought from T-Mobile works perfect. Yes battery life is a issue however a extra long life battery for it is less then 20$ online through Amazon. So that will fix that issue. They are still working on the freezing up issue but that with the update is less of a issue. Great phone beats most the competition by far.

• 2011-05-15 09:43
  • q3GC

> In reply to dmitri @ 2011-05-06 01:37 from rMEG - click to readYes.. U can... U can upgrade to gingerbread in almost all the new smartphones (only SMARTPHONES, that is these type of high end phones...)
But ull hav to wait until HTC releases gingrbread for this phone...

• 2011-05-14 19:42
  • vGkK

> In reply to ffallas @ 2011-04-26 17:38 from 8IHd - click to readSure you can! the bands on this Phone are allowed to be used with ICE, 1800Mhz for 2G and 850Mhz for 3G, that's all you need :)

• 2011-05-14 04:12
  • 9xbu
Total of 816 user reviews and opinions for HTC Inspire 4G.