HTC One - user opinions and reviews

HTC

OK, I know it's a little late, but I've got a review for the HTC One. I've owned the Galaxy S3, the S4 and for 2 weeks now, the HTC One.

First of all, great build quality, excellent in the hand and it looks awesome.

Battery endurance, pretty bad to be honest. In the evening I usually got about 30% left on the S4, the HTC is down below 10%.

I'm really missing the S4's button on the front, it's a little annoying to have to grab the phone just to see what time it is. Also, the LED Notification only seems to work when charging.

Camera is also pretty bad, compared to the S4. I am however seeing an improvement in autofocus department.

The Notification bar is strange to me, it's annoying to have to push another button after it's pulled down, just to access the controls.

NFC doesn't seem to work for sending pictures. I miss the S-Beam from Samsung to be honest.(I know that's something else)

Overall it's a good phone, it's fast, it's better optimised than the S4, I've always got enough RAM, but I miss some features from the Galaxy. Like Comfort Level, the thing where you put your hand above the screen to see time and notifications, the LED Notifications. For me it's like an Android iPhone to be honest. I'll take a Samsung any day of the week. I'm sorry but this is my honest opinion.

• 2014-06-05 10:36
  • 0U1X

Just update to 4.4.2 sense 6.0,
features were improved but the display a bit bad.
my main prob is what is the best data manager instead of HTC Sync Manager (HTC-SM), not much task/data can managed using HTC-SM.
Any other program to share!?
Thank you in advance...

• 2014-06-05 09:45
  • PGEW

going to get the htc one in about an hgour , any better phones or is this good enough?

• 2014-06-05 08:46
  • nySD

please i find it difficult to transfer music into my HTC One

• 2014-06-04 21:39
  • fmvi

Hello eveyone...i just wanna ask when sense 6 update will b available for htc one dual sim 802d in India ....is there any one who can tell..pls reply.... And i want to knw who are already using sense 6 ....whats ur experience guys???? Share ur experience pls ...thanks :)

• 2014-06-04 20:56
  • U@5D

Download ttpod player from play store its the best audio player u can get from android....awesome bass,treble ... Try it u will love it....

• 2014-06-04 20:52
  • U@5D

> In reply to Keshav108 @ 2014-06-04 05:03 from Nvfd - click to readthx! i also found something regarding the battery problem, but it wasn't due to sense 6... funny thing, just before i try or do anything, my phone seems back to normal (?

• 2014-06-04 20:20
  • kDAx

After i upgrade my Htc one m7 to sense 6.0 , i noticed that when i charge it , it takes a long time to charge...Pls reply someone if has the same problem.. TNX!

• 2014-06-04 16:59
  • n4Wq

This is a very good phone.
I have it, very easy to root with cyanogenmod which upgrades it to kitkat.
The only problem I had is the camera. It takes pink pictures. Some people say you should replace it with warranty to fix the camera, too bad I already rooted my phone...

TL;DR: The phone is very good, the camera is not the best.

• 2014-06-04 16:16
  • gLCD

What is the best audio player for HTC one?I'm using Urbeats earphone.I need powerful sound quality with details.

• 2014-06-04 12:43
  • teu9

> In reply to Keshav108 @ 2014-06-03 10:00 from Nvfv - click to readhow r u Keshav

• 2014-06-04 09:51
  • vbUh

Peter.yu I read something about clearing the partition cache and I did it. The battery now lasts approx. 17 hours to 18 hours tops. Give it a try.

• 2014-06-04 05:03
  • Nvfd

> In reply to Keshav108 @ 2014-06-03 10:00 from Nvfv - click to readi have the same problem, but it wasn't a bit bad... it is very bad.... the 1st two days after update to sense 6 was ok.... but starting from 3rd day, the battery drain like crazy... i had it fully charge and all power gone in about 10 hours... and i had not really use it at all, it was a quiet Sunday, all I did was checking time several times throughout the day

• 2014-06-03 19:27
  • kDAx

> In reply to vijeyprasanna @ 2014-06-03 16:18 from s%{x - click to readIt looks like it is slightly better than default camera. Some pictures i took with camera kk look better than same picture with default camera. Even image size is larger with kk. If image sizes are always larger then this might mean better photos. Please let camera professionals please help us out as camera is the biggest issue with this phone.

• 2014-06-03 16:36
  • N9@T

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-06-03 06:39 from N9@T - click to readI'm going to try camera kk. Is that better than HTC one default camera?

• 2014-06-03 16:18
  • s%{x

What about sense 6.0 update in (East) Europe!?

• 2014-06-03 10:20
  • 6kh9

Just updated to 4.4.2 and Sense 6.0
1. Battery
With 4.3, battery life was a bit bad. But when I updated to 4.4, I noticed the battery life had improved. The next day I update the Sense 5.5 to Sense 6.0. Battery life became a bit bad though (it's like it's in the middle before and after I updated to 4.4.). WIFI is on all day long and I still have around 40%-50% at the end of the day. M7 got Extreme Power Saving mode too but haven't used it till date.
2. Performance
I noticed a minor lag but nothing serious. You can notice it but in the long term, it will become normal. Except that I never had that in 4.3...
3. Camera
Interface changed, but since I recently bought the M7, I didn't really had the opportunity to take lots of photos. There seems to be an improvement though.
4. Music
Music player is 'colorful'. Other than that, I didn't find major changes nor improvements. Sound output is pretty much the same.
5.Blinkfeed
Yeah it's changed too. I had deactivated it in 4.3 and did it too in 4.4. Just checked it out earlier and it seems a bit better.

I think I covered all the general matters. Loved the M7 since it came out. M8 just came out and we can sort of experience it on the M7. Didn't see any major differences with the 4.4 update but the Sense 6.0 definitely changed the outlook because it's the updated UI, silly me...

If you are satisfied with the 4.3 on your M7, you don't need to update. I did it 'cause I just wanted to know the 'real' differences. There were definitely improvements, though.

• 2014-06-03 10:00
  • Nvfv

hi friends,

anyone noticed signal dropping issue after updating to htc 5.11.401.10 sense 6.0. my htc one experiencing signal coming and going issue every two minutes after this update released on 16 may 2014 in dubai.waiting your comments..

• 2014-06-03 09:23
  • 3YYr

Camera kk seems to be the best 3rd party camera app for htc one. It produces the best quality photos for htc one. The image sizes is also larger say between 1.5 to 2.5mb. Anyone tried it?

• 2014-06-03 06:39
  • N9@T

When will kit Kat 4.4.3 update release?

• 2014-06-03 06:05
  • teui
Total of 7502 user reviews and opinions for HTC One.