HTC One - user opinions and reviews

HTC

I decided to buy a Htc One M7 Silver from an online store. They can test the phone for me before they send it. What should I ask them to test? Camera? Conectivity? What?

• 2014-05-17 09:20
  • nDBx

In North America the HTC One (M7) just got an Update to HTC Sense 6.

Now the M7 has most of the Software Features that the M8 has (obviously the added Features for the second "Aperture" (on the Back) are not available on the M7).

The default Theme (after Update and ReBoot) is ugly flat green, so go into your Personalization and change your Theme (and reset your Wallpaper).

The "Weather" (Main Screen) seems broken and will not update (hopefully it is a temporary Server problem and we will not need yet another Update to fix it). If you do not like the Weather well now you are set !

The Camera adds a BUNCH of new Features including the STRANGE "Make-up Level" (which I will not use for Selfies, nor take Selfies in any event). ;) .

More Info here: http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-sense-6

YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/LowLightVideos

• 2014-05-17 05:30
  • 4AuI

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-05-15 16:42 from XjfT - click to readi have the HTC One, and the camera is garbage compared to my wifes Iphone 5. the difference in the photo quality is night and day!!! I dont know if the phone I have is an M7 or M8 to tell you the truth because I got it from Sprint in America about 10 months ago when it had first been released here and it was just marketed as an HTC One with no mention of M7 or M8.

• 2014-05-16 23:46
  • xT8g

> In reply to Techno J @ 2014-05-16 07:17 from iwpx - click to readDon't say lumia phones. Say 1020. It's a beast in camera. But there are other things too to look for in a phone. The 1020 falters there.

The 1520 and icon are decent but they are no match for 1020. They are more like equal to s5.

I find that galaxies take decent photos.

I have a great album from my s4. Oh and I live to take panoramas. No one can beat s4 at that. It takes amazing 60 MP panoramas.

I admit that s4 isn't even close to 1020 but that has a 1/1.6 inch sensor. Almost 3 times bigger than s4. So let's not compare a smartphone with camera phone.

Have a nice day

• 2014-05-16 16:58
  • rJ$2

This phone does not have 900 Mhz on the 3G/HSDPA band (for AT&T phones), please, fix this issue or be more specific.

Should be like this:
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100

• 2014-05-16 16:03
  • kUhx

Not to get confused...This phone have one of best cameras...Ppl look for mpx and that is wrong... Reason u should get thin phone and u like taking photos is because this phone have ultra-pixel camera(2micro meters pixels)with advanced sensors... This technology provides to capture 300% more lights and information on 1 pixel than standard phones cameras...So dont get confused...

• 2014-05-16 13:15
  • MfxH

> In reply to usnawaz @ 2014-05-16 10:10 from 6Qjw - click to readBluetooth file transfer app.

• 2014-05-16 12:58
  • StsI

> In reply to usnawaz @ 2014-05-16 10:10 from 6Qjw - click to readi never find any trouble with ES File Explorer

• 2014-05-16 11:20
  • RK7j

How to send/share any file in the phone or external sd via BLUETOOTH ??
bcoz unlike samsung phones,its bluetooth doesnot appear in Sharing option of any file in any Explorer..?
What is the solution,
or which file explorer can give option of
Sharing via Bluetooth ???
Plz reply

• 2014-05-16 10:10
  • 6Qjw

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-05-16 04:45 from YQEg - click to readActually Lumia phones are the best camera phones. No phone can reach the camera quality of the Lumia devices. Galaxy S4 or even S5 camera only good at daylight photography. Its indoor and low-light performances not really good. But Lumia phones are good at any condition.

• 2014-05-16 07:17
  • iwpx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-05-15 16:42 from XjfT - click to readThe camera of m7 is worse than s3. Simple enough. It just has a 4mp camera. And that too with processing issues such as overexposure. Plus it has a purple hue defect in most of the pieces in low light. That's a major issue and I saw it on many m7 pieces.

But m7 is a much better phone than s3 if you leave the camera. The build quality, the speakers, speed of the ui and many things. If you look for a good camera, then see the s4 or a Samsung phone.

• 2014-05-16 04:45
  • YQEg

i am using galaxy s3 but i am planing to buy this htc one(m7) i love it's build quality but i want to know about its camera is it better than s3 plz tell me guys

• 2014-05-15 16:42
  • XjfT

> In reply to Saurav Ghosh @ 2014-05-13 16:06 from utea - click to readWhat about the built qualities for the two handsets?

• 2014-05-15 14:55
  • mcuw

Bad but not so bad. Bad battery. Heat problems. Beautiful design.

• 2014-05-14 23:14
  • 3QVi

> In reply to Saurav Ghosh @ 2014-05-13 22:41 from utea - click to readI'm currently using a HTC M8. I'm really happy with it. Only issue is, it's quite heavy for me, I don't like the heavy phones. Its size doesn't really bother me, but I still prefer the size & weight of my previous M7. I think M8 Mini has to release in the second quarter of this year. If it has a 1080p display I will buy it.

• 2014-05-14 06:27
  • iwpx

> In reply to Saurav Ghosh @ 2014-05-13 22:40 from utea - click to readI consider advanced user as the one who uses the phone much more and explores practically every feature.

Except the smart stay, smart pause and those air crap, I use each and every feature of phone. Pedometer, temp and humidity sensor, group play, s beam, multi window. I take full use of them. I just use each and every feature of a phone. I consider this as an advanced user.

And I didn't make a typo. I also prefer quality over quantity. Just I want a quality camera, screen, audio and features and you want quality Call, vibration and built.

BTW when and at what price are you getting m7?

• 2014-05-14 04:05
  • U{xH

> In reply to Techno J @ 2014-05-13 18:34 from teuQ - click to readWhat phone are you using now?

• 2014-05-13 22:41
  • utea

> In reply to shubham yadav @ 2014-05-13 17:02 from GR{b - click to readYou made a typo, I said you choose quantity over quality, and I stick with my comment.

For your usage pattern S4 is definitely the better phone. However I still don't know the definition of 'advanced' user though.

Samsung or Apple, they were never about quality. The last quality phone Samsung ever released was the S2.

• 2014-05-13 22:40
  • utea

> In reply to Techno J @ 2014-05-13 18:34 from teuQ - click to readLG's ui looks horrible, their phones don't get updates and they pack lcd screens and no microsd cards. So they aren't fully functional after all.

I consider every phone and till now only Samsung phones can satisfy me. That's just my opinion and needs though.

For each his own. M8 is perfect for you. Samsung for me atleast for now. Next time will tell.

• 2014-05-13 19:08
  • rJ$g

> In reply to shubham yadav @ 2014-05-13 17:02 from GR{b - click to readIf I need a fully functional phone, I would rather buy a LG phone.

• 2014-05-13 18:34
  • teuQ
Total of 7416 user reviews and opinions for HTC One.