HTC One - user opinions and reviews

HTC

pls my htc one at nd t ,wont boot up to menu.after the phone powers on.stuck at htc one logo screen and restart continously with the same thing happening.what can i do?

• 2014-05-21 23:33
  • ftKb

> In reply to Techno J @ 2014-05-21 17:06 from iwpx - click to readThanks for reply I picked one up on way home 32gig silver second hand..

Started charging it whilst setting up and then went out and it sunny in UK.Took some photos and video just using auto to see how things are..My pics were bit blurred on left side but video ok.Anyhow its lot better now had grease smears on lens.

I think photos come out ok they will do for me all I want is a clear crisp shot with good contrast..Dont care about colour perfection etc..Video was clear and fluid..

What is a shock is how bare the phone is compared to Samsung (had an S5 recently but returned it)..It is almost stock Android..I thought speakers would be a lot louder than what HTC are promoting as booming sound..Screen is pin sharp and that's it for now need to set up properly..It does get warm but that does not bother me one bit,,quadcore and transistors switching on and off 1.6 biilion times a second and no fan or heatsink except aluminium housing its masterpiece.

I wonder how long I will keep this? Need to do full charge now then do audio,battery and more camera tests.

• 2014-05-21 19:58
  • nFk{

> In reply to Brynn @ 2014-05-21 09:52 from nFk{ - click to readEV setting is for adjust the exposure level. It's not directly affect the picture quality but light level of the photo. The daylight photos taken from this phone camera are quite darker than other phone cameras. So, I recommend to adjust the EV level. But it has lot of amazing camera features. Picture quality is not too bad as folk say also not great too.

If you looking for a good camera, this is not ideal for you. Other than the camera, everything is perfect on this phone.

• 2014-05-21 17:06
  • iwpx

> In reply to gilbert @ 2014-05-20 06:32 from t7Xk - click to readreally? how come i have not received an upgrade yet?

• 2014-05-21 11:22
  • vxrP

Can we not improve daylight pictures by dropping EV settings or is this not possible..Fancy trying one of these out second hand..I hear so many storys of folk catching moments due to the Zoe feature plus speakers and build quality make me want to try one..

• 2014-05-21 09:52
  • nFk{

Just got HTC sense 6.0 update in Sri Lanka. really superb.

• 2014-05-20 16:06
  • tevZ

> In reply to Genghis @ 2014-05-19 08:41 from 6kh9 - click to readSorry but here is one that is ok
LG Optimus G Pro E985. It's features are awesome and so you know i had Sensation and i still think it's one of the best phones ever. But this ones rocks 2 thinks are wrong first (camera should be 8MP), second (memory there is no SD card). Well that is my opinion, don't badger me to much. Bye.

• 2014-05-20 15:28
  • pqV7

when i will be getting sense 6 update in Bahrain

• 2014-05-20 11:11
  • srYM

got the update of sense 6 here in the philippines

• 2014-05-20 06:32
  • t7Xk

> In reply to Genghis @ 2014-05-19 08:41 from 6kh9 - click to readThat's true bro, the only weakness of HTC is its camera. As HTC promised Ultrapixel really work on low-light but its daylight performance not really perfect. HTC should take step to improve the daylight performance of their cameras. Then, HTC haters got nothing to bash towards HTC phones.

• 2014-05-19 10:40
  • iwpJ

I see many of you are complaining about the HTC One M7 camera and I wonder how much the camera is used compared to other plenty of features offered by this grate phone. There is no other mobile phone offering the screen with the quality of HTC and the liveliness of the phone in general without doubt makes him the best phone available in the market. This is an artistic mobile phone and is suitable for people with refined taste for aesthetics...

• 2014-05-19 08:41
  • 6kh9

> In reply to faris k @ 2014-05-17 17:45 from utNk - click to readDear
firstly u have to know the new item price
some times the diff not cover the risk of buying used one

• 2014-05-18 10:52
  • SHPP

> In reply to faris k @ 2014-05-17 17:45 from utNk - click to readSorry, I'm not an htc one m7 owner. But I know fully about it as I've used it for one week. I own an s4 octa.

Last summer I needed to buy a new phone and was confused between htc one and s4. Both are great phones. I did a lot of research and finally chose a product which suited me.

If you are eyeing for htc one m7, the only other phone you should look for is the s4. Now s4 also has 2 versions. I9500 or octa and i9505 or the LTE version.

Build quality and design: htc one is better.

UI: I prefer Samsung's touchwiz over htc sense. But your choice may be different.

Battery life: s4 is better

Screen: s4 has a better screen with adjustable color gamut, perfect blacks and whites and more sunlight legibility.

Performance: both are quite good. But I prefer m7 as it is slightly faster. But s4 has a better processor. So it will play games and high end apps better.

Speaker: htc one has a better sound. But s4 is louder. In the end I'll prefer htc one in speaker as it sounds just great.

Audio quality: The htc one is better than i9505 s4 but worse than i9500 s4. Anyways, all the three are very good.

Camera: s4 obviously. The m7 is garbage in camera compared to s4.

Take up your choice and choose the best phone for you. Both phones are really good.

• 2014-05-18 04:22
  • rKk9

> In reply to peter @ 2014-05-16 23:46 from xT8g - click to readthe camera is totaly useless compared to the price of the phone

• 2014-05-18 01:48
  • fuNc

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-05-16 04:45 from YQEg - click to readwhat should be looked before buying used htc one>? PLS HELP ME>>>

• 2014-05-17 17:45
  • utNk

I decided to buy a Htc One M7 Silver from an online store. They can test the phone for me before they send it. What should I ask them to test? Camera? Conectivity? What?

• 2014-05-17 09:20
  • nDBx

In North America the HTC One (M7) just got an Update to HTC Sense 6.

Now the M7 has most of the Software Features that the M8 has (obviously the added Features for the second "Aperture" (on the Back) are not available on the M7).

The default Theme (after Update and ReBoot) is ugly flat green, so go into your Personalization and change your Theme (and reset your Wallpaper).

The "Weather" (Main Screen) seems broken and will not update (hopefully it is a temporary Server problem and we will not need yet another Update to fix it). If you do not like the Weather well now you are set !

The Camera adds a BUNCH of new Features including the STRANGE "Make-up Level" (which I will not use for Selfies, nor take Selfies in any event). ;) .

More Info here: http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-sense-6

YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/LowLightVideos

• 2014-05-17 05:30
  • 4AuI

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-05-15 16:42 from XjfT - click to readi have the HTC One, and the camera is garbage compared to my wifes Iphone 5. the difference in the photo quality is night and day!!! I dont know if the phone I have is an M7 or M8 to tell you the truth because I got it from Sprint in America about 10 months ago when it had first been released here and it was just marketed as an HTC One with no mention of M7 or M8.

• 2014-05-16 23:46
  • xT8g

> In reply to Techno J @ 2014-05-16 07:17 from iwpx - click to readDon't say lumia phones. Say 1020. It's a beast in camera. But there are other things too to look for in a phone. The 1020 falters there.

The 1520 and icon are decent but they are no match for 1020. They are more like equal to s5.

I find that galaxies take decent photos.

I have a great album from my s4. Oh and I live to take panoramas. No one can beat s4 at that. It takes amazing 60 MP panoramas.

I admit that s4 isn't even close to 1020 but that has a 1/1.6 inch sensor. Almost 3 times bigger than s4. So let's not compare a smartphone with camera phone.

Have a nice day

• 2014-05-16 16:58
  • rJ$2

This phone does not have 900 Mhz on the 3G/HSDPA band (for AT&T phones), please, fix this issue or be more specific.

Should be like this:
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100

• 2014-05-16 16:03
  • kUhx
Total of 7431 user reviews and opinions for HTC One.