HTC One - user opinions and reviews

HTC

Overall a terrible experience with HTC one.

After using the phone for 2 years, I have to say that I'm never buying another HTC product.

Here are the issues I've faced.

After 2 short months, (no drops or other sort of abuse) the camera that started to have a purplish tinge around the corners(a friend who had the same model complained of the same problem). Around the same time, the battery started to have an issue. It would turn hot and deplete within an hour of usage which was mainly web browsing. This was fixed after sending it for repair.

After 6 months from the repair date, the battery issue resurfaced and deteriorated, battery life plummeted. Today, it can never charge more than 10%, and takes 2 hours to charge 5% to only drop back down to zero with minutes of usage.

Conclusion: Never buy a HTC product unless you have a thing for bad hardware and workmanship.

• 2015-04-21 11:40
  • Kxu2

can da internal batttery be changed?

• 2015-04-20 23:50
  • PEdD

The latest update has deleted several entire programs and icons on my phone. Multiple pictures are "poof" gone. I am unable to enlarge typical pics to see them. Instead of looking at emails and text with one touch, I now have several steps to follow prior to seeing them. Is this the new stone age update? I hope no one was paid to develop this update. Someone needs to be fired! Updates are supposed to enhance products, not set them back 5 years.

• 2015-04-20 18:07
  • rRSv

My m7 mobile update lollipop 5.0.2
I'm very happy

• 2015-04-20 10:29
  • IWUS

I've updated my mobile to android v5.0, but now, I couldn't able to multi task... Plz guide me, how to multi task? Previously, I'll just double tap my home button to check my running or recent apps...but now I couldn't able to do tat...Plz guide me...tq

• 2015-04-20 10:04
  • yHx9

> In reply to hny sidhu @ 2015-04-17 19:47 from Hkt5 - click to readi had same problem with device and i contacted htc customer care service and now they are replacing my camera for free after expiry of warranty.
Jus teel them its a hardware problem and also started after updates of phone.
they will help

• 2015-04-20 09:59
  • uu}D

> In reply to sohail @ 2015-04-17 13:57 from 3JKK - click to readSend it back it you still have warranty, they will replace the camera module free of charge. It can be repaired.

• 2015-04-18 13:37
  • NvfW

> In reply to hny sidhu @ 2015-04-17 19:47 from Hkt5 - click to readSend it back if you still have warranty. They will replace it free of charge. This is a common flaw due to over-heating and can be repaired. It won't be a 'paper weight' anymore.

• 2015-04-18 13:36
  • NvfW

M useing htc one.. but now when i open my camera to click any pic my ... My cam is full pink.. how cn i solv this problm.. plz help me.. i love this phn but now its just a paper weight...:(

• 2015-04-17 19:47
  • Hkt5

how to fix camera problem of htc m7 its pink in dark please let me know

• 2015-04-17 13:57
  • 3JKK

Android 5.0.2 sucks. Earlier on, there was absolutely NO lag at all. Now, damn :/. Even the music player is effed up. Songs skip 1 second. Even the ringtone (Doesn't start from the beginning.) Get your sh*t together Google. Hope 5.1 comes to M7.

• 2015-04-17 04:41
  • Nvfp

• 2015-04-16 21:58
  • vGje

> In reply to adnan @ 2015-04-16 13:10 from 6Qqr - click to readYes a little faster use battery but still ok
a good way is install app like battery dr or another apps optimized your battery :)

• 2015-04-16 21:11
  • JbFE

i update my phone to lollipop 5.0.2 evrrything is working fine but my phone battery drain very fast any solution..thanks

• 2015-04-16 13:10
  • 6Qqr

• 2015-04-16 13:09
  • 6Qqr

I updated 2 lollipop everything seems ok but my phone have a little lag after update!!!

• 2015-04-15 23:28
  • JbFE

> In reply to colasmermet @ 2015-04-12 08:52 from 7FHa - click to readSearch for HTC One back panel removal on YouTube. Hope it helps.

• 2015-04-15 15:30
  • Nvf{

i have issue on connected on wifi connection thru phone , any body faced it before??

• 2015-04-15 12:54
  • Nu7N

> In reply to colasmermet @ 2015-04-12 08:52 from 7FHa - click to readbro u and me are the same. i would still be using this amazing phone if i hadnt dropped it in the toilet. And youre right this phone doesnt repair easy so im giving it up :(

• 2015-04-15 00:19
  • rK9m

This was the nicest smart phone I've ever had (I've owned Samsung Stellar/Samsung Galaxy S-III/HTC One/Droid Mini). I only paid a penny for it on amazon which could have had some effect on my opinion I admit. The audio isn't nearly as great as they like to advertise but it is quite better than any other phone. It runs really well, I never had a problem with any lag, every app opened and ran seamlessly. The screen looks great. Despite there only being a 4MP camera, the pictures don't look bad at all. The size is good as well, not giant like most nice phones currently. The battery was very decent. It's a really great phone and if I didn't drop it in my toilet I'd still be using it today. That's one issue, the back does not come off which makes it far less likely to be able to get your phone repaired if you end up needing that. I'd give it an 8.5/10.

• 2015-04-12 08:52
  • 7FHa
Total of 7886 user reviews and opinions for HTC One.