HTC One Max - user opinions and reviews

8.2
7.9
8.0

> In reply to Anthony @ 2014-10-28 20:53 from LBi} - click to readHey Anthony,

Thanks for the detailed tips and Intel. Working on it now! I'm in a humid area of the country, so the moisture theory is probably *Spot On. Thanks again!

• 2014-10-30 16:19
  • 4jfS

> In reply to cuda524 @ 2014-10-28 15:08 from 4jfS - click to readHi Cuda524
How I determine it was ghost touches on my screen (meaning the screen was detecting touches when I was not touching it).
I went to settings/developer options and I turned on (show touches).
With that on, I would see a white spot where ever I touched the screen (this is normal).
The problem I was having is the white spots were also appearing and moving along the left edge of my screen even when the phone was just resting on the table and no one is touching it (that is not normal).
With this setting “on” I could see why apps were not opening at times without multiple attempts. And why I would drag icons on the home screen when I was only trying to swipe through the home screens.

With some google searching, I notice this problem was affecting people with nexus phones, ipads and even touch screen laptops.
In our office we have a water dispenser that draws water out of the air to full its reservoir, so trust me when I say it is very possible to get small amounts of moisture on the insides of your phone without it actually coming in direct contact with a visible source of water.
How to turn on developer options if you don’t see it in settings…
Go to Settings/About/Software Information/More/ Tap on Build Number 6 times.
You will see a message saying "You are now a developer"
Return to you settings menu and you will find the Developer's options is now in the list.

The low tech way to get moisture out of your phone is to put it in an air tight zip lock bag with un-cooked rice for about 7days. (Remove case and battery cover) the rice should draw the moisture out of the small amount of air trapped in the bag.
The better and faster way to do it, is to buy an electronics moisture removal bag. This will get the job done in 24-72 hours. I left my phone for 58 hours
See link below to the bag I used.
the bag cost me $18US and in my opinion it was better and cheaper than paying someone to take apart my phone to try and fix the problem.
I will report here again next week and let you guys know if the problem started back or not.

• 2014-10-28 20:53

> In reply to jo @ 2014-10-28 13:28 from HIY$ - click to readJo
It looks like it was caused by moisture in the phone that I could not see from the outside.
It's 2 days now from when I took it out of the drying bag and it's still working like normal. Will report back after a week if things are still normal or not.
BTW soaking wet pants after 2 1/2 hours of cycling maybe what got moisture inside my phone.

• 2014-10-28 16:41
  • PHur

> In reply to Anthony @ 2014-10-24 21:29 from LBi} - click to readI'm having this problem daily, every time my app screens are visible...also touching the sides of the phone (glass edge) itself will open a app in the center of the screen &it will take multiple touches to open apps as well.. It started with the last Verizon software update *fact...also keyboard typing isssues (typing delay & thin lines scrolling up through screen), also the head phone Jack is non functional. All within a week of the last update..I absolutely loved this phone up until that point, it lives in the otter box aside from weekly cleaning and has never touched moisture... resets and calibration has not worked...any ideas would be greatly appreciated??!!! Hoping it's just coincidental Verizon doesn't carry this phone anymore as well...

• 2014-10-28 15:08
  • 4jfS

> In reply to Anthony @ 2014-10-24 21:29 from LBi} - click to readYea i had this probleme

• 2014-10-28 13:28

Hey,when i take a phon number the phonebook doesent save it/plz help me fix it

• 2014-10-28 13:27

Hey,when i take a phon number the phonebook doesent save it/plz help me fix it

• 2014-10-28 12:49

> In reply to Anthony @ 2014-10-24 21:29 from LBi} - click to readfollow up
put my phone in a Bheestie bag over the weekend and so far it seems to be back to normal. no ghost touches on the screen.
will see how things go for the rest of the week.

• 2014-10-27 17:16
  • LBi}

started having problems with phantom/ghost touches on my HTC ONE MAX screen. is any body having this problem?
strange thing is it is not happening every day.... but when it starts feels like forever before it will stop.

• 2014-10-24 21:29
  • LBi}

> In reply to new_user @ 2014-10-19 23:33 from utpJ - click to readno it is not an issue.
some people just don't take the time to install it according to the instructions. (it is not a snap on) you have to slid your finger with some pressure along 3 of the 4 sides.
and its made of metal, so if yours is warped a bit, its noting you can't fix by applying some pressure at the area that needs adjusting.

• 2014-10-20 16:36
  • LBi}

Everybody seems to complain about the removeable back cover that it doesn't sit completely flush to the sides.

M getting my new MAX in a day or two. Can someone please clarify is it really a concern ?

THANKS,

• 2014-10-19 23:33
  • utpJ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-06 11:09 from N9@T - click to readYou said it your self, it's "Rumors"
get disappointed if you see that spec on the HTC web page, seeing that they are the ones that have to make the phone, not the people you making the rumors.

• 2014-10-15 03:01
  • PHur

> In reply to Raaj Mangat @ 2014-10-14 10:40 from Xu9j - click to readfollow up.
you do know that both models you mentioned have no mic for phone calls?

• 2014-10-14 16:48
  • LBi}

> In reply to Raaj Mangat @ 2014-10-14 10:40 from Xu9j - click to readI can't say which is better because I never tried any of them.
personally i don't like the design of any of them because they can't be warn on the neck when i don't want it in by ear.

what about...
Philips SHQ4200/28 Sports Neckband Headphones
or LG Electronics Tone Pro Bluetooth Stereo Headset

• 2014-10-14 16:24
  • LBi}

Hello anthony i am not decided which is better headphones for m8.sony XBA H1 AND SENNHEISER CX 685.Plz reply bro.

• 2014-10-14 10:40
  • Xu9j

• 2014-10-13 00:01
  • PHur

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-17 13:50 from NtYg - click to readReally and what are you endorsing Samsung? Cheap workmanship gadget.

• 2014-10-12 20:16
  • t7Xk

I'm not pleased about rumors of max 2. Screen should be 5.9 and above to make it MAX. Desire 816 is already 5.5 inc screen. To make max2 5.5inc with on screen menu will make it not different from m8 because I see no difference between 5.2 and 5.5inc screen

• 2014-10-06 11:09
  • N9@T

> In reply to Rans @ 2014-10-02 16:34 from fuIq - click to readmy HTC ONE MAX is black. it is the Hong Kong Model.
i got it on amazon.

• 2014-10-02 19:09
  • LBi}

do you we have HTC one max black ? because i seem not to find one in the market

• 2014-10-02 16:34
  • fuIq
Total of 1203 user reviews and opinions for HTC One Max.