Ponjap, 24 Oct 2016thank you for the response Anthony. I tried to do what exactly you told me, however, it didn't... moreand you didn't forget to "wipe the cache" before in recovery mode, before you did the factory reset?
Are you using the restore backup after the reset? if you are, you may want to skip that and manually install your apps after the rest. using the phone a bit after each app install, till you find the app that a causing the problem. after a clean cache and a factory reset with no extra apps installed. it's not rebooting, would mean the problem is being caused by one of your apps.
Anth0ny, 11 Oct 2016when the phone is off.
1. hold "volume down" and press power.
2. let go the "volume down" wh... morethank you for the response Anthony. I tried to do what exactly you told me, however, it didn't work. My phone is not stuck in boot loop, the scenario is, it will open completely, i can navigate on it for like one minute or less after it completely opens and then it will shut off and restart.
tried to factory reset as you mentioned but still the phone did not start as brand new.. same as ever, it feels like the factory reset mode in recovery mode did not functioning..
Ponjap, 11 Oct 2016my htc one max is dead.. :'( two days ago it just keeps on restarting. i tried to restore to f... morewhen the phone is off.
1. hold "volume down" and press power.
2. let go the "volume down" when you see the screen with the 3 skateboard androids.
3. use volume keys to move to "recover" and press the "power" key.
the phone should reboot in Android system recovery mode.
4. use the volume keys to go to "wipe cache partition" and press power.
5. then go to "wipe data/factory reset" and press power.
6. then go to "reboot system now" and press power.
The phone should start like a new phone now.
some times corrupted files in the cache get loaded after a factory reset, that causes a boot-loop. That is why you should wipe the cache partition then do the factory reset.
my htc one max is dead.. :'( two days ago it just keeps on restarting. i tried to restore to factory settings and wipe out my data completely via hard reset but it seems that it did not wipe my data, nothing happens in shot when i tried to delete my data.
i don't know what to do.. any idea guys?
Taner, 29 Sep 2016My ex-girlfriend gave me my one max on the new year of 2014 and I continued to use it until I ... moredo like i did when i could not find a worthy replacement.
repair you old one Max
the LCD with touch digitizer & frame is available on amazon.
My ex-girlfriend gave me my one max on the new year of 2014 and I continued to use it until I dropped it and cracked the screen 3 months ago. I've been looking for a similar size device with front facing stereo speakers and dual sim with dedicated memory card slot. I couldn't find anything which will do the same. There is simply nothing to achieve the same. It's camera was crap but it's ok.
I was almost going to buy an ASUS ZF3 Deluxe but I noticed that it has no noise killing by dedicated mic or stereo sound recording, neither stereo speakers. Pissed me off.
Now I want to ask a question to the research and development guys in HTC, would you like to listen to your stupid marketing people and their statistical studies or instead the fans of HTC? The last one was my 5th HTC and I love the brand. Why do you ruin good things?
I mean look at the device One Max; all you need to do is upgrading the technology and to put a few more things like waterproof, etc. If you have just upgraded the cam sensor, chip-set and processor, One Max is a great device that there is nothing to replace it now. But you just spend/ waste your research and development budget to create One M9 / M9 Plus, M10 and other mambo jumbo, the end result is a disappointment. Why are you ruining the good things that you already have? I'm using the company phone which is a Samsung and still looking for a smartphone. I do not care about how much will it coast, all I need is a proper smartphone which will do the job properly.
I hope you guys will change your mindset and create a proper phablet size smart device with proper sound! Or your employer will lose his market share big time, then it will come to employements.
Whoever's idea was to create HTC One Max, is a true genius. But we need the same genius, because it was long time ago and you have nothing to replace it.
ghettobass, 30 Aug 2016Fingerprint sensor is not working on a custom rom...Yes, it does. You will have to lock the bootloader again. I did it with mine. Running on a custom rom and the finger print sensor was working. Findout how in youtube videos or developer forums.
Anth0ny, 26 Sep 2016I don't think any one that enjoys using Sense U.I. will ever be happy with touchwizz U.I.That's true. LED notification is also missing in A9 Pro.
Htc user, 23 Sep 2016How about Galaxy A9 Pro ? Is that a good alternative ?I don't think any one that enjoys using Sense U.I. will ever be happy with touchwizz U.I.
Please HTC open your eyes andy your minds to produce same onem max size with a high quality.
Many Brands will make you lose the market.
Need HTC one max 6GBR 64G dual Sim memory card slot Radio.inferred,eye sensor.
Anonymous, 30 Aug 2016Just want to Know the price please??this is a now discontinued phone and is very difficult to find "new factory unlocked"
some times it pops up on Amazon.com for about $320US
Anonymous, 14 May 2016Can I replaced my one max with Xiaomi Mi Max 6.44" 4850mAh Mobile Phone? I had xiaomi MI MAX after HTC one max...but sound on htc is too god that am back to ONE MAX:)
Ponjap, 18 Aug 2016Bro, does finger print sensor working on your custom rom? i'm thinking of rooting my phone and... moreThere seems to be a method to root this phone and keep the boot loader saying Â“lockedÂ” & S-ON
Recently bought a next HTC ONE MAX on Amazon to replace my damaged ONE MAX that is no longer under warranty. It was supposed to be NEW, factory unlocked.
It came sealed and looked new, but it was rooted & had a ROM with no option in settings to check for updates.
And yes the fingerprint scanner was still working.
But because my banking app would not work on a rooted phone. I had to undo it using the official HTC ONE MAX Unlocked/Developer Edition ROM Update 9.8.2015 available for download on the HTC USA site.
Kareem, 15 Aug 2016I've used a couple HTC One Max...I often found myself coming back to it after using some new H... moreBro, does finger print sensor working on your custom rom? i'm thinking of rooting my phone and flash a custom rom
I've used a couple HTC One Max...I often found myself coming back to it after using some new HTC phones. I guess it's because it's bigger and the boomsound bombs all sound mehn. I'm using sense 7 I got my rooted with m9 based rom. And now the camera can compete with S7....If you doubt me go down load Vernon HTC sense7 custom....
Yes I do have a question for you guys....higher dpi(ppi) or lower which is better for brighter screen like m9 brightness?
Guys if you wanted to change the screen dpi of htc one max without root, follow the steps below.
Before you start, please ensure you have a working adb tool install on your PC and you have driver install on your PC.
refer here if you don't http://forum.xda-developers.co...hp?t=2588979
This can only be done thru the PC
Original the HTC One max density is 373. This guide will help to change to density 320 (or any size, you can do a trial many times and test your screen, if you are satisfied then stick to it, if not, you can revert back to 373) screen resolution remain on 1920x1080.
Step by Step
1) pls enable the developer mode on your HTC One Max
2) check the USB debugging on the developer option
3) plug in the USB and connect your phone to the PC
4) press on the PC " window" key + "X" key and select command prompt (admin)
5) in the command prompt , put in text adb after C:\windows\system32>
6) your phone share pop up message to authorize the usb debugging, select YES.
7) If step 5 & 6 don't come up any long message on the window command prompt, this mean you did not install properly the adb tool in your pc. (refer above to redo)
8) at this step , mean adb is done properly and go back to command prompt in the window
9) enter text "adb shell wm density 320" after the C:\windows\system32>. it look like this C:\windows\system32>adb shell wm density 320 and press enter key on PC
10) Now your phone have change to screen density 320. everything will look smaller now.
11) you need to re-start the HTC One max phone and all screen size will completely change to new density 320.
12) you are done. now you can re-arrange your phone icon and have a fresh look !!
How to go back to original screen density
1) repeat the step 1 , 2, 3, 4 & 5.
2) key in C:\windows\system32>adb shell wm density 480 and press enter on pc
3) restart your phone then you will go back to original screen resolution
its fun to try though. :) enjoy