HTC One mini - user opinions and reviews

3819310

8.0
7.5
7.7

> In reply to kenshin @ 2014-08-04 16:42 from YW2F - click to readThey crack up without even dropping so I wouldn't risk it

• 2014-08-19 12:46
  • Mfxj

> In reply to Trever @ 2014-08-10 05:24 from GThg - click to readThe plastic surround is faulty and develops tiny fissures which progress. In my case the power button fell out and the corner section dropped off. HTC refuse to repair this under warranty!

• 2014-08-19 12:44
  • Mfxj

I agree, great phone badly let down by build quality. The plastic surround is faulty and develops tiny fissures which progress. In my case the power button fell out and the corner section dropped off. HTC refuse to repair this under warranty.

AVOID THIS PHONE. don't know if one mini 2 is any better- wouldn't risk it

• 2014-08-19 12:43
  • Mfxj

> In reply to saak @ 2014-07-23 11:06 from uwnS - click to readSame has happened to me. I was a trying to take a photo of a boxing fight. Put my arm on the ring to try to take the shot and the camera started to buzz and could not focus any more. Now what???

• 2014-08-18 01:33
  • LB}w

> In reply to Trever @ 2014-08-13 16:57 from PI9a - click to readBoth are great phones but when it comes to looks htc 1 mini has a clear edge with its unibody desgin over mini 2

• 2014-08-15 02:32
  • 7t@0

exactly after 2 months,the power button stopped working . such a disappointment.I had to use the app wave2unlock to turn on the screen and unlock it.the quality is not as good as the say

• 2014-08-13 18:13
  • a0{n

> In reply to khai @ 2014-08-10 19:50 from vV5G - click to readDude, i'm not asking whether it's the mini version of M7 or M8, my question was which one's better this or one mini-2?
Hope i've made myself clear.

• 2014-08-13 16:57
  • PI9a

Apart from the plastic casing surrounding the phone every thing is great this is really stunning beautifull handset from htc

Htc zoe is simply brilliant

• 2014-08-12 17:12
  • 7t@0

> In reply to Viroj @ 2014-08-08 09:27 from PxC2 - click to readThis is Htc One m7 son..

• 2014-08-10 19:50
  • vV5G

What about the hairline cracks?

• 2014-08-10 05:24
  • GThg

This or one mini-2??

• 2014-08-08 09:27
  • PxC2

> In reply to Sven @ 2014-08-06 16:15 from MCv% - click to readbig help sherlock...

• 2014-08-07 12:33
  • YW2F

> In reply to kenshin @ 2014-08-04 16:42 from YW2F - click to readeh, perhaps you shouldn't use a phone in the first place...;)

• 2014-08-06 16:15
  • MCv%

i'm looking for a good smart phone and HTC caught my attention. but i was wondering if they are tough enough? i have butter fingers and drop my phone A LOT!! besides many times it just slides off my pockets while i'm sitting. its still alive just because its a nokia. but can a HTC go through the same amount of torture??

p.s: i like the HTC one mini and desire 700 (dual sim) very much. are these phones tough or will they brake after a fall or two?my budget is around $300. please suggest any other smartphone in that range (except samsung and Iphone. i hate those. )

• 2014-08-04 16:42
  • YW2F

Last week I have updated my One mini to sense 6 and I have face one issue related to Notification window. I am unable to drag the notification bar. Is any one face the same issue?

• 2014-08-04 11:28
  • McyF

> In reply to vik360 @ 2014-07-29 13:56 from 0Uc0 - click to readWhy there's a hairline crack on htc min?

• 2014-07-31 16:42
  • gyN3

> In reply to Dileep @ 2014-07-30 08:28 from mT@x - click to readwhat it means "very poor"?

• 2014-07-31 13:53
  • pkug

Battery life is very poor.

• 2014-07-30 08:28
  • mT@x

Have phone about 3weeks and already the lock button stopped working (can't unlock unless I charge it), 5 cracks (never fell and in a case) and it over heats when it's left down. Other things work fine and has a good camera but just such a disappointment and a waste of money. Would not recommend to buy this phone.

• 2014-07-29 13:57
  • pccN

I bought my HTC One Mini in May, so I'll be judging it on my 3-month usage experience.

I got mine out of the box with Android 4.3 and Sense 5. Yesterday I received OTA Kitkat with Sense 6 (just like HTC ONE M8,for those of you who do not know). I must say that based on my experience with this phone I could not tell any lag or crashes with any app, Sense 5 & 6 are both running very very smooth. You should know by now that if you plan on buying the One Mini you don't buy it for playing high-end games. For that I would recommend a phone with higher specs.

I have no problem with the built-in battery, but as questions about it continuously appear, I can say it keeps me through the day, BUT only with the PowerSaving mode on(usually calling, texting, whatsapp, facebook and listening to music). For a 1850 battery it serves me well, just as a comparison with a 1650 battery my S2 would not last 8h on standby. I think this is because of the well optimized software and battery consumption during which Powersaver is on.

Hairline cracks: I did a lot of research on the web regarding this problem, and from what I can tell this usually happens to the silver and blue model. I bought the black One Mini, and up until this day had no cracks or other case/button problems.

UPDATE: Since the Sense 6 Update it runs a bit faster/buttery than Sense 5, it's kind of smoother and also the Extreme Powersaving mode is quite handy. During the previous night (ca. 8h) my phone lost just 1% of battery with this mode enabled. For me this is quite impressive.

This review is done based on my personal experience with the phone, during a 3-month testing period.
I covered things I would have liked to know when deciding on weather to buy the phone or not

For further questions feel free to ask

• 2014-07-29 13:56
  • 0Uc0
Total of 655 user reviews and opinions for HTC One mini.