HTC One mini - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.9
7.5
7.6

> In reply to vik360 @ 2014-07-29 13:56 from 0Uc0 - click to readWhy there's a hairline crack on htc min?

• 2014-07-31 16:42
  • gyN3

> In reply to Dileep @ 2014-07-30 08:28 from mT@x - click to readwhat it means "very poor"?

• 2014-07-31 13:53
  • pkug

Battery life is very poor.

• 2014-07-30 08:28
  • mT@x

Have phone about 3weeks and already the lock button stopped working (can't unlock unless I charge it), 5 cracks (never fell and in a case) and it over heats when it's left down. Other things work fine and has a good camera but just such a disappointment and a waste of money. Would not recommend to buy this phone.

• 2014-07-29 13:57
  • pccN

I bought my HTC One Mini in May, so I'll be judging it on my 3-month usage experience.

I got mine out of the box with Android 4.3 and Sense 5. Yesterday I received OTA Kitkat with Sense 6 (just like HTC ONE M8,for those of you who do not know). I must say that based on my experience with this phone I could not tell any lag or crashes with any app, Sense 5 & 6 are both running very very smooth. You should know by now that if you plan on buying the One Mini you don't buy it for playing high-end games. For that I would recommend a phone with higher specs.

I have no problem with the built-in battery, but as questions about it continuously appear, I can say it keeps me through the day, BUT only with the PowerSaving mode on(usually calling, texting, whatsapp, facebook and listening to music). For a 1850 battery it serves me well, just as a comparison with a 1650 battery my S2 would not last 8h on standby. I think this is because of the well optimized software and battery consumption during which Powersaver is on.

Hairline cracks: I did a lot of research on the web regarding this problem, and from what I can tell this usually happens to the silver and blue model. I bought the black One Mini, and up until this day had no cracks or other case/button problems.

UPDATE: Since the Sense 6 Update it runs a bit faster/buttery than Sense 5, it's kind of smoother and also the Extreme Powersaving mode is quite handy. During the previous night (ca. 8h) my phone lost just 1% of battery with this mode enabled. For me this is quite impressive.

This review is done based on my personal experience with the phone, during a 3-month testing period.
I covered things I would have liked to know when deciding on weather to buy the phone or not

For further questions feel free to ask

• 2014-07-29 13:56
  • 0Uc0

Hi,

I got the same problem with the cracks on the plastic case.
I was wondering if there is a way to replace the plastic frame?
Does anyone know?

Thanks

• 2014-07-29 11:59
  • 95ja

I'm willing to buy a HTC One Mini...Please tell me are there any issues that I should be considered? Will it be a problem with non removable battery? Are there any defects appearing with using it for 2,3 months?

• 2014-07-28 10:05
  • iwpE

Hotspot???

• 2014-07-27 18:32
  • vG0j

usb*

• 2014-07-23 11:25
  • uvwp

Don't buy this phone !!!..now I got three major problems 1. Hairline cracks 2. Camera buzzing sound and can't focus (now I can't take any photos with rear camera ) 3. Phone goes to ish host mode and unable to charge my phone !!!!(tried power button+vol up+vol down..still the same problem )

• 2014-07-23 11:06
  • uwnS

yesterday i got kitkat sense 6 in htc one mini

• 2014-07-22 06:09
  • ij2P

> In reply to Metalista @ 2014-07-12 03:10 from aqpX - click to readI agree. There is an issue with these phones here micro fissures develop in the plastic casing and these can progress. In my case the power button fell out. It is 3 months old and HTC refuse to repair it in warranty.

DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!

• 2014-07-18 17:01
  • Mfxj

bought few days ago, more than 8 cracks.... New phone... HTC One mini... Dont buy this phone.... HTC sells damaged phones.... So irresponsible and unproffessional.... http://s27.postimg.org/v8ptlwq6r/DSC_1110.jpg

• 2014-07-12 03:10
  • aqpX

Bought my HTC one mini 4 months ago and can't access my camera again. Please help

• 2014-07-07 21:38
  • fsT5

Hi guys I bouth my HTC one mini a two ago and it already has hairline cracks. I never dropped it but strange its cracked what is the soloution

• 2014-07-07 10:58
  • HxgQ

Hi guys

I bouth my HTC one mini a month ago and it already has hairline cracks. I never dropped it but strange its cracked and seems like these cracks are getting bigger

• 2014-07-05 11:40
  • N9ZT

i have a problem...please help me...when i enter in the play store (htc one mini) and search a game(pvz2,deer hunter 2014,asphalt 8) it says that my device is not compatible with these games...please help me...i don't know what to do...thanks

• 2014-07-04 14:55
  • spqL

> In reply to sirjustonius @ 2014-05-30 16:25 from fqtB - click to readhi

is the memory storage sufficient . I noticed that it doesnt have a memorycard slot . Kindly comment

• 2014-07-01 10:04
  • utV7

i bought it 3 months ago and it already has some cracks on the edges which are not covered by the warranty...and the kitkat upgrade sucks

• 2014-06-29 17:58
  • nuJ8

Kitkat update is coming what should I do whether to update or not?

• 2014-06-27 08:27
  • utNE
Total of 640 user reviews and opinions for HTC One mini.