HTC One S - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.4
7.2
7.4

... and I must say it is quite solid - I dropped mine HTC one S from 6th floor on concrete and there is absolutely no damage on the display, neither to the functions of the device - cameras, network, apps - all working perfectly! Only it is uglier then before:)

• 2014-09-26 14:46
  • nUV6

cannot find toolkit in the phone,assist please

• 2014-09-22 09:07
  • fuNT

nice and strong but it gets very hot and sometimes doesent recognize sim card. Very anoying,it turns of while you keep it in the pocket. Dont know what to do

• 2014-09-15 23:46
  • 0ZJS

> In reply to zaibi @ 2014-09-06 19:12 from 258B - click to readHTC one s is best

• 2014-09-11 21:26
  • sSxb

no.. 1 phone display quality best

• 2014-09-11 12:41
  • X0ML

Can any one please tell me which phone is better? HTC 8X or HTC ONE S?? overall performance and camera also.. I am wana buy one of these...plz help

• 2014-09-06 19:12
  • 258B

> In reply to doll @ 2014-08-31 18:10 from v0qT - click to readHow to Install CyanogenMod on the HTC One S ("ville"):

• 2014-09-05 03:04
  • jxfX

> In reply to dapolicy @ 2014-08-20 21:52 from N9@S - click to readI just wanna ask how to update HTC ONE S to kitkat and sense 6.0?

• 2014-08-31 18:10
  • v0qT

my HTC ones s can't update a status on facebook indicating via htc one s....way shud I do guys?

• 2014-08-28 07:06
  • rvG7

my htc one s has a very low sounds,i cant hear the ringing tone

• 2014-08-24 05:13
  • v0qT

My display is getting flickered getting really annoyed, can anyone help me? Apart from that phone is awesome..

• 2014-08-22 19:22
  • rKM8

• 2014-08-22 19:21
  • rKM8

front camera is ok, but it is difficult to maintain i clean because it is inserted in the body, so you cannot clean it easily

• 2014-08-21 16:13
  • pqNv

this is the best phone HTC made in 2012 unlike HTC one x HTC one s can be upgraded to 4.4 with sense 6.0 via the help of custom roms..I upgraded mine and the phone got more cooler. it's a very good phone

• 2014-08-20 21:52
  • N9@S

this set is very awsome i use this set all the things in this set is very good it,s front cmera result is beeter than s2 good fone i loved it..

• 2014-08-17 19:12
  • fBhn

I have camera problm can any one resolve it ..
camera is not clear the is getting red in color plz help me guys ......?

• 2014-08-13 19:30
  • bEPV

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-06-05 00:42 from Nqse - click to readi just wanna buy d fone..i just want 2 know if i should go ahead..is d front camera gud or bad.

• 2014-08-13 18:44
  • fuN1

> In reply to Elvis @ 2014-07-09 13:35 from fsWq - click to readCan I get a hdmi cable for my phone

• 2014-08-11 16:14
  • m5y}

This Phone is Awesome. I rocked this phone like forever, and i went ahead to even root it and put a custom ROM of Android 4.4.3 on it. Superb performance. in One Word AWESOME

• 2014-08-10 01:47
  • Nw6x

I've had the black version of this phone for a while, and I have to say, it performed superbly the past year I've had it. First, it's quite thin, and I have to say, it felt great in my pocket, and felt lightweight in my hand, and was comfy to hold. The ceramic feel of the phone did provide some grip but was otherwise smooth. The ceramic's smooth appearance doesn't last long either; you'll start to see the grey metal underneath reveal itself after quite a few charges, but it still holds up decently. It also unpleasantly attracts sweat, so I recommend a case. The Gorilla Glass does its job as well; I've dropped this svelte baby a couple of times but the screen miraculously stayed solid and refused to spiderweb easily. The only impact that was noticeable was a small white dent on the edge of the screen, but that was pretty much the only damage it's taken. I recommend purchasing Diztronic's case on Amazon or Ebay, it's a great case and the matte texture provides more grip and the case properly covers the phone up with little space and retains its svelte size and weight. The screen protector that comes along with it is also a great one despite its seemingly cheap exterior.
Specs-wise, the phone is fluid and smoothly processes everything. I've never had much lag except for a small jutter here and there, but nevertheless it was smooth sailing.
Storage wise, it's sad the battery isn't removable nor there's an SD card slot, but that's the price for making the phone as thin as possible, and it's worth it. One thing to note is that you don't get completely 16 GBs; the system takes up 4 GB; leaving 2 GB for apps and 10GB for music. The amount of crapware on this is cumbersome, and I recommend rooting your phone to take advantage of that precious storage, as you'll need it. I was able to store up to 256 songs so far on this, with each either being MP3 and OGG files of 10-15MBs, and FLAC files of 20-25MBs each, and there was still a great deal of 7GB to spare. The 1650mAh battery provides decent power, and I was able to last about roughly 4 hours at 70% brightness, a few videos, some YouTube, and some app usage, and an hour of constant music playback. This is still a phone that demands a charge every night. Now, onto the display. The AMOLED screen is great; decent viewing angles in the sun, although you'll still have to bump up the brightness to 100 to remotely even view anything, and it certainly does its job of keeping the phone's weight slim and saving up the battery. Note, however, the RGB matrix is the accursed PenTile, and you can identify the pixels by looking really closely at the screen, but this isn't really bothersome in everyday daily usage, so not to fear! The resolution is a let-down as well, but pixel density is a nice 256ppi, so text will come out clear. However, it'd be nice if HTC didn't replicate the Sensation in this department and instead outfitted the One S with a 720p display at the very least. Nevertheless, I give the screen a rating of 6/10. Not bad. Sound playback is also great, but the stock HTC player and Google Play don't match up well imo. I recommend getting Poweramp to negate this.
And the camera. This isn't a portable Canon, but HTC's new camera tech does provide decent lighting and nice options. The lack of autofocus is really annoying, though, as it inhibited my ability to take a good selfie. The camera's decent, but don't expect any breathtaking portraits. I never really tested the video, but it was somewhat fluid and ran nicely, so it's fine. However, the colors are rather parched slightly, and light does become rather puzzling and drained, so that's one thing to look out for.
In general, I give this phone a 7/10. Not a powerhouse, but it's a great fighter.

• 2014-07-30 22:22
  • Rje%
Total of 2120 user reviews and opinions for HTC One S.