HTC One S - user opinions and reviews

7.4
7.2
7.4

Would be a nice phone if not plagued by a VERY SERIOUS BUG

Nice device, but be aware that numerous users are experiencing a SERIOUS ISSUE whenever carrier signal is weak:

The phone will then switch homescreen/multiple screen view on its own in very quick succession, and disable all the capacitive buttons. It will keep doing this until you find a spot where the signal is better (if you're lucky). In the meantime, you will not be able to do anything at all: call, pick-up, use apps, whatever. Basically, you then completely loose control over your phone.

This issue has been reported to HTC by many users FOR SEVERAL MONTHS NOW, but no patch or update has been released yet as to address the problem. So keep this in mind if you want to purchase this device... You have been warned.

Various threads on XDA forum are currently discussing this issue, gathering testimonies from hundreds of users and organizing a communication campaign to inform the masses. Don’t forget to check them out before you invest in this phone:
Discussion thread:
Campaign thread:

HTC, please FIX THIS ISSUE! Thank you...

• 2012-09-28 12:46
  • S0Dk

Hey everyone

HTC one S is getting Android 4.04 update ..im on t mobile and i received the update today..its around 150MBs...thats amazing !!! update and let us know what changes have been made..m updating it rite now..:)

• 2012-09-27 18:06
  • t}xm

Hello everyone.
I want to buy this phone,The specifications seem good,But Is it really a good phone?Is it worth buying.
plz if anyone owns this phone,help me! thanks.

• 2012-09-27 14:28
  • dQAj

youtube "home button glitch htc one s"
yup goodluck with that...

0/5
owner of a pathetic excuse of a phone

• 2012-09-26 21:28
  • IDt$

> In reply to Vidya @ 2012-09-24 13:55 from PSLn - click to readYes, the one sold in India has a snapdragon s3 1.7GHz processor. Please note that this processor is quite inferior compared to the international one as this processor is.aa generation old. It is NOT worth the 30K they are asking for it.

• 2012-09-26 16:59
  • uvrx

> In reply to skhatri @ 2012-09-24 02:33 from KcPX - click to readAndroid store isn't opening possibly because Pakistan has blocked Youtube now a days and some other google features are also blocked in the process possibly including google play(android store). The problem may solve once the ban lifts. Can you tell me what is the chipset of HTC One S in Pakistan? S4 (1.5ghz Krait with adreno 225) or S3(1.7ghz with adreno 220)?

• 2012-09-26 03:02
  • uZa%

Has anyone received official update to Android 4.1 JellyBean on Htc One S? If yes, please tell me some differences. thank you

• 2012-09-24 19:29
  • nDB8

Hi, is it true that HTC One S config in India is diff frm the one in US and EU?

• 2012-09-24 13:55
  • PSLn

> In reply to Behshad SH @ 2012-09-23 00:54 from q{Wt - click to readI couldn't access hotmail when I'm using exchange server and these days no more access to android market since 7 to 10 days. Although I'd restored factory settings too but isn't fruitful

• 2012-09-24 02:33
  • KcPX

> In reply to crack-core @ 2012-09-23 09:06 from ucFx - click to readRegion my mobile middleeast and I'm in Pakistan.

• 2012-09-24 02:30
  • KcPX

> In reply to Dave @ 2012-09-22 20:14 from KIJk - click to readI would personally advise to go for the ONE S, mate.
It combines portability, performance and durability like no other phone I know. I bought a One S Black European (replacing my old HTC Desire) three months ago and I couldn't be more satisfied. (Be careful with the Asian version, a.k.a. One S C2, though. It is "cursed".)
In case you're considering to buy one, I would also recommend that you get a protective case with rugged edges for it. You'll understand why...

• 2012-09-23 20:07
  • Tqac

I have been using this phone for a while now and i can say it is one of the best devices i ever used
Just quick info I used HTC One X and Samsung SIII and this phone is nothing to compare to those although these phones have bigger hardware and configurations still this device stands out

• 2012-09-23 17:23
  • Sqh1

I have had everything under the sun and this phone gives me some of the longest battery life I have ever experienced ( besides my 9700 since we all know blackberrys seem to work forever) and I don't really facebook but In the past two years mind you I'm on T-Mobile USA I do everything else on this phone and haven't seen any problems with email integration or anything for that matter. Camera is amazing screen clarity is fantastic and visible in the direct sunlight (being a landscaper that's important) my recent line of phones has been disappointing in many different ways. So I would give this phone a 9/10 review.
Phones:
Razr (original)Mda, Nokia 6103, N90, N95, Motorola A 1200, N97, BB pearl, BB 9700, HTC G1,G2 HD2, iPhone 3g,3gs,4,4s, Galaxy s ,S2 ,HTC amaze and finally the HTC one and so far so good.

• 2012-09-23 16:23
  • 8bxN

Have any of you experienced any problems with the micro-sim back panel. I heard it is plastic made and it sounds if you press it.Is it so bad or it is quite solid? What about the metal housing. Is it strong. Have you had any problems with the colour (I read the black one has problems). Thank's

• 2012-09-23 14:13
  • nDB8

> In reply to skhatri @ 2012-09-22 03:49 from KcPX - click to readWhat your region?

• 2012-09-23 09:06
  • ucFx

Have this phone for half a year already. Best phone i ever used but unfortunately this phone is not without it's own issues.
My main complaint is a limited memory, nowadays 16 GB is not enough for an average user.
Another problem is that it started having problems with RAM managing. Phone freezes or tries to reload home screen for 20+ seconds. This doesn't happen all the time but when it does your phone can literally freeze for a few minutes. I hope JB update will fix it. Overall I'll give this phone 8/10 score. This is a very fast and sleek device.

• 2012-09-23 01:09
  • Q5TM

> In reply to skhatri @ 2012-09-22 03:49 from KcPX - click to readHey
I'm going to buying this phone for my dad! could you please tell me your exact problems with your phone?!

• 2012-09-23 00:54
  • q{Wt

Plz tell. Buy s. Or. X

• 2012-09-22 20:14
  • KIJk

Hey friendss....
i have question ..m from india and bought the t mobile HTC ONE S from Ebay(S4 Blue Grey) and have signal dropping issue...does anyone else have this issue? I am on Vodafone...Please help..also battery back is also very bad due to signal dropss

• 2012-09-22 12:39
  • t}xm
Total of 2141 user reviews and opinions for HTC One S.