HTC One S - user opinions and reviews

6197084

7.4
7.3
7.4

> In reply to princekiran @ 2012-06-05 19:18 from utrw - click to readS3 processor is an old technology (not so old, last year) but it's already outdate if you compare with exynos that using in GS3, S4 using 28nm technology, exynos in GS3 using 32nm and S3 using 45nm, so S4 is more energy efficient, more faster, and using new technology, so if HTC One S using this S3 processor, I better buy GS3 with 4 core exynos

• 2012-06-06 05:43
  • K28q

I have had this phone for a few weeks now. Its a dream to use, Battery life is awesome for all day use. Camera shoots great, and the phone functions better then my SGSII.
I would recommend this phone to anyone looking for a great Android 4 device.

• 2012-06-06 00:36
  • q}RG

The whole South East Asia will have the S3 1.7 GHz

This phone cost the same price US$600 both in taiwan and USA. You pay the SAME price for a lower spec product, just because you are from asia.

• 2012-06-06 00:11
  • RIF{

> In reply to princekiran @ 2012-06-05 19:18 from utrw - click to read...have you seen this forum, and specifically this thread:

you may find it useful. I have - it hasn't put me off...but is interesting reading. Allphones have issues, I guess it's up to the individual how detremental they are...

• 2012-06-05 22:05
  • nuh%

can any one who used this phone kindly tell what sort of problems you are facing in one s...please tell me...i want to buy this...below some people kept comment that the phone is hanging...& on low power modei.e @ 17% battery....the signal is switching off & if any body calling to this phone it says that phone is switched off...does this sort of problem happened to anybody..please reply PLEASE...REPLY

• 2012-06-05 19:18
  • utrw

> In reply to aris @ 2012-06-05 17:24 from thu9 - click to readdoes change in the processor from s4 1.5ghz to s3 1.7ghz will effect it`s battery or performance???? u said i will buy s3 if this change happens..what is the problem by changing of the processor from s4 to s3...i really want to know...i too willing to buy the phone..can u please explain...please reply...does s3 processor is outdated or old version??? or is it a failed processor..can u pls explain to me!!!!

• 2012-06-05 19:11
  • utrw

> In reply to Baku @ 2012-06-05 12:22 from nq4x - click to readAccessories?No sweat,Try EBAY.Com

• 2012-06-05 19:01
  • RIII

I'm from Indonesia and I'm waiting for this phone too, but when I visit HTC website for south east Asia regions you will see the HTC one s will use S3 with 1.7ghz, if this final spec for htc s one, I think I will buy gs3.. more reasonable and more powerful.

• 2012-06-05 17:24
  • thu9

• 2012-06-05 17:22
  • thu9

> In reply to dilip22 @ 2012-06-04 21:25 from t@xn - click to readIt is actually the snapdragon S4 processor which completely blows everything else out of the water.
Considering that these processors can be overclocked to ~1.7Ghz I don't think 1.5Ghz is going to hurt them.

The S4 processor also destroyers the tegra 3 in some scenarios.

• 2012-06-05 14:18
  • 8bxk

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-05-21 11:33 from vGd@ - click to readPlease see my captioned message (to which i am posting this as a reply).

A couple of weeks ago I wrote to HTC regarding availability of One S in India and the reply i got was that it would get launched may end or june beginning.

I again sent them a mail yesterday and now this is the reply I've got

Dear Aman Madan,

Thank you for contacting HTC.

We are dedicated in providing you the best quality service and answering your questions and concerns.

As per your email, we understand that you want to know about the release date of HTC One S device in India, as you are willing to buy the handset.

Thank you for considering HTC.

In this regards, we would like to inform you that, HTC devices are country specific devices. HTC One S is designed for specific carrier (service provider) and for specific country and also device is not officially launch in India by HTC India. As of now, there are no update for the release date of the device in India. Hence, we regret to inform you that we cannot comment on the availability and cost price or release date for the device in India.

You can refer the below mentioned web link for any "news" regards to HTC One S device.

For any latest news and updates you can also refer to Social networking site, facebook link http://www.facebook.com/htc

View comments, related videos and more on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/htc

You can also refer to our official twitter page: http://twitter.com/#!/htc/

If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to email us or call us at our contact center 1800-266-3566, Monday to Sunday 9:00 am to 8:00 pm.

Thank you for your continued patronage.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Kunjan

HTC

• 2012-06-05 12:38
  • vG1S

> In reply to cata2202@gmail.com @ 2012-05-11 21:47 from nDQZ - click to readI have the same problems, i'm using this phone about 1 month, problems started after 2 weeks.

• 2012-06-05 12:25
  • nq4x

> In reply to Anurag73 @ 2012-05-27 05:42 from XufK - click to readI have the same problem. Another problem is that i could not find any accessories for this phone.

• 2012-06-05 12:22
  • nq4x

> In reply to dilip22 @ 2012-06-05 09:15 from t@xN - click to readHmm but the problem is there aren't any 28 nm exynos or tegra 3 chips at the moment.

• 2012-06-05 09:23
  • rJ2C

> In reply to Ed007 @ 2012-06-05 05:30 from U@Qx - click to readyes it matter of clockspeed and semiconductor technology together.because clockspeed determine the maximum operating speed of processor and this factor is affected by semiconductor technology used.The answer is in your question.for example if that comparison will done on 28nm for one s(S4),28nm for exynos,28nm for tegra chip than we will know that who is original winner.

• 2012-06-05 09:15
  • t@xN

> In reply to dilip22 @ 2012-06-04 21:25 from t@xn - click to readI do agree with ur point that overclocking s3 chip is not a solution to this problem.

• 2012-06-05 05:41
  • U@Qx

> In reply to dilip22 @ 2012-06-04 21:33 from t@xn - click to readSo how do u justify one s beating one x on single core benchmark tests since both have same clockspeeds(1.5ghz) n gs3 beating one x even with lower clockspeeds(1.4ghz)?
It's not just the question of merely the clockspeeds.
U know snapdragon s4 is the most advanced chipset till date(not taking into account the number of chipsets) based on the latest 28 nm semiconductor technology.that's y one s with s4 chipset manages to beat both gs3 and one x.
While exynos chipset on gs3 is based on 32 nm semiconductor chip which is better than the 40 nm tegra 3 chipset on one x.so that explains the reason why gs3 mangaes to beat one x despite having lower clockspeeds.
The US's LTE versions of international gs3 and one x also use the s4 chipset since LTE isn't compatible with quad cores so that might explain the reason for shortage of s4 chipsets.

• 2012-06-05 05:30
  • U@Qx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-05 03:50 from IV8U - click to readare you sure Malaysia version will be S4 1.5G?

• 2012-06-05 04:42
  • IVxx

> In reply to dilip22 @ 2012-06-04 07:47 from t@xn - click to readNope ! Malaysian version will be the 1.5ghz S4 launch on 15th June.

• 2012-06-05 03:50
  • IV8U

htc one s launching in india on 15th june though price will be around 32-33k due to falling rupee.

• 2012-06-04 22:27
  • 2Tee
Total of 2041 user reviews and opinions for HTC One S.