HTC One V - user opinions and reviews

HTC

6.7
6.2
5.9

hi im from the philippines. just bought this phone last 06/02/12. after a day i found out that there is this yellow spots at the corner of the screen. have it replaced after a week. here are what i think the pros and cons re this phone.

pro:
-price
-very good camera
-allum case, lcd glass,unique design(not cheap feeling compared to samsung)
-with ics
-beats audio(only works with headset)
-reasonable speed(browsing is great
-good battery life( as compared to some droid phones, multitasking last dis fone by 8-10 hrs considering games,calls,sms,browsing simultaneously)

con:
-fixed battery
-minor lagging issues(esp. games)
-music apps sucks
-speakers sucks(beats only works with headset)
-earpiece lacks loud(barely hears talking. i use my headset for a call.)
-very simple entry level fone.(for techies, this is not recommended.)
-stock browser sucks(need to download dolphin)

i hope i helped you with this one.=)

• 2012-06-12 02:28
  • t7Qf

This smartphone are excellent, ignore fake complaints below

• 2012-06-12 01:15
  • PFxh

awesome phone. bought it for 17,300 a couple of weeks back. the UI rocks. games run smoothly. you won't even realize that it has only a processor speed of 1G. never slows down, except at one point when I was running 8 very heavy apps together, but even then the lag was almost negligible. sound-hound is great. SNS integration is too good. the GPS locks very fast. battery is a little above average, so squeezing a couple of days worth of juice is no big deal. the keyboard's good, doesn't have the swype gesture though. and there are some really irritating apps(one of them is plurk) which keep running in the background even after disabling and force stopping. overall, the best mid.range android ICS out there.

• 2012-06-11 17:46
  • t1$A

I am using this phone since 1 week replace it from desire HD.... love this phone it's optimum phone in this range and there isn't any flaws uptil now

• 2012-06-11 16:33
  • fJCW

bought it 2 days back...excellent fon..no yellow spot or over heating complaints..great cam...great audio quality and good ram speed...jus love it :)

• 2012-06-11 15:46
  • utVB

> In reply to kuku013@gmail.com @ 2012-06-11 13:29 from PRTN - click to readFrom my point of view, your review doesn't sound bad. :) It depends of of person interests, desires and off course - money. As I can tell, you didn't experienced any big problem or failure that need service intervention (as some people had)?

• 2012-06-11 14:30

• 2012-06-11 13:41
  • Mywr

all the problems except the yellow spots are fake. Please ignore them. Go and check out it a proper mobile shops such as vijay sales, magnet,etc. They will guide you properly. There was yellow spots problem in one v which were shipped in april but all that got replaced. Now there is no such problem you can buy this phone with no doubts. i own this phone from 24th april and i do not have any problem with this phone. please ignore all the unrealistic comments like i got it replaced twice o thrice. They are not guiding the cell buyers properly. I am very satisfied with my htc one v.

• 2012-06-11 13:33
  • vb${

I have bought this Handset a month ago. What I found is below.

Lets talk about good things:
1) Excellent Camera quality
Several features in camera are awesome.
Excellent HDR video recording.

I played my HDr video recording in My 42inch Lg Tv,
Believe me I was amazed. Video and images were alive.

2) Beat audio doesn`t impress me however not bad.
3) Appplications works well with provided processor
4) Processor for gaming is not too Bad.

Bad Things

1) Battery Backup comes first, It fails here
Very much disappointed with the backup.
Not even stands for 5 to 6 hrs (talktime).

2)HTC one v Sync software S-KS.

They should Improve.
They are wayback in terms of Nokia Ovi Suits & others.

Sorry I do not know others if exists(Suits).

Overall I am not satifised with the Handset.
I do not recommed this Handset to anyone.

Thanks
Kundan

• 2012-06-11 13:29
  • PRTN

> In reply to bilal kaleem @ 2012-06-11 00:04 from u1tW - click to readhow big is that yellow spot? is it really problem? I'm planning to buy this phone, so I would like to check that.. I'm from Serbia. Are you from India? Is that problem generally in India, or in whole world? As I can see, most of problems are reported from that region (or I'm maybe wrong?)

• 2012-06-11 12:48
  • Mywr

I agree that some of these one v and also one x have problem and go to dead after a few days usage. I have mine replaced one to one, and the new one works great! Love it.

However, there are yellow spots at the bottom corners. But never mind, afraid that if I replace, I may receive a faulty one :(

To sum up, this phone works great if no faulty. Appearance and material are good. ICS. Camera and music are great. A bit laggy when run some heavy apps and games. But it totally worth the money!!

Tip: Check the phone throughout before buying. Check yellow spots (open internet browser to check), camera, music, phone function. If you need powerful phone, go for one x/s instead.

Hope it helps!

P/S: Use Dolphin for internet browser, MX Player for media, QuickPic for photos, and ES File Explorer!! They are superb!

• 2012-06-11 11:51
  • PUk2

i'm planning to purchase htc one v.! Can anyone please help me to know whether the phone is genuine or rumors about the phones are enough to understand.!
.please guyz let me know before i realise its too late to appologise :p =D

• 2012-06-11 10:17
  • fCZf

Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V much much better then this you can compare,and cheaper too, and sont camera famous cyber shot,and front camera in Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V,htc dont have

• 2012-06-11 09:09
  • wdxy

> In reply to sandy @ 2012-06-09 11:54 from vGdG - click to readIt has FM radio

• 2012-06-11 06:45
  • HHHH

I have read all the comments about HTC One V ... i really dont know y ppl can pass negetive comments about this SUPER Machine....
i didnt ever c a android phone like HTC one V...its really a brilliant phone...love u HTC ONE V, its the best Android phone so far ;)

• 2012-06-11 05:28
  • 3CfV

i have one v and it have a spot @ left bottom side of yellow color i checked 3 to 4 pieces all have same problem

• 2012-06-11 00:04
  • u1tW
  • F

hi guys
am going buy one phone pricing below 15000. anyone pls suggest me a gud phone in dis range

• 2012-06-10 19:56
  • utNp

> In reply to vt @ 2012-06-10 15:43 from bCdt - click to readSorry to say viney u r a baby .this phone is not made for you .you can try Nokia or Samsung..or in high quality you can also try micromax or karbon .....*

• 2012-06-10 19:19
  • fCWn

It has fm.good camera.good body.not a stupid China plastic like other phone.

• 2012-06-10 19:14
  • fCWn

> In reply to warttt @ 2012-06-07 19:18 from 0VkR - click to readone v is a excellent phone!!!!there are some fake and unrealistic comments please don't believe it. They must have written it to lower htc's production in India.

• 2012-06-10 18:52
  • uumG
Total of 3999 user reviews and opinions for HTC One V.