HTC One V - user opinions and reviews

HTC

6.7
6.2
5.9

I buyed a HTC One V,15 days back & crying for buying such a worthless set.. It doesn't work with 3G SIM both DUAL AUTO & WCDMA mode.. always it shows Limited service along with Emergency calls & Set become heated with Battery drainage..I tried by several 3G SIMs & the results are same.. Formatting & Updating the phone by HTC care, nothing resolved.. Finally,told me to go to service centre(TVS)& the same was closed before 1 hour.

• 2012-06-10 15:19
  • 7q5p

I inquired more about heating and yellow spot problem from HTC and below was their reply:

Dear Alok,

Thank you for contacting HTC.

We are dedicated in providing you the best quality service and answering your questions and concerns.

As we understand from your email that, you want to purchase the HTC One V device.

The issues that came across on the mails, is on certain devices that were manufactured in the beginning lots that were dispatched. Our customer received a box packed devices who experienced the yellow spots and heating issue on the HTC devices when purchased.

If the HTC device is found with any defects within the 14 days of purchase we provide our customers with the Dead on arrival (DOA) certificate. So that it can be replaced from their retailers
Please visit the link to http://www.htc.com/europe/smar...one-v/#specs to check for the specifications of the HTC One V device.
The service-center list in India are as follows:
Please visit our website http://www.htc.com/in/help/service-center to locate your nearby service center.

We request you to please check the device before you purchase it.

If you have any further questions or comments, please feel to email us or call us at our contact center 1-800-266-3566, Mon -Sun 9:00 am-8:00 pm.

Thank you for your continued patronage.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Rochelle

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

Become a fan of HTC facebook.com/htc
Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/htc
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/htc

Explore our development resources developer.htc.com

We are unable to receive replies to this email account. Please visit us at htc.com if you have any questions or need further assistance.

• 2012-06-10 14:56
  • H4vy

Phone has nice features and also the design is good.
camera and sound is just awesome !!! i m using this phone but i have a lil slow workin of phone ... exactly it does not hang but it is lil slow... and again the battery backup is also too good !!!

if u wanna buy this phone just have few more phones checked up like samsung , motorolla is also good co.
and also htc service centre in mumbai is only in dadar and borivali ... so think bfore u buy it ...

• 2012-06-10 11:20
  • rAQt

exlent perfomens but design no

• 2012-06-10 11:14
  • t1$E

> In reply to sandy @ 2012-06-09 11:54 from vGdG - click to readIt has f.m. confirm100%sure

• 2012-06-10 08:26
  • fCQF

> In reply to mih @ 2012-06-09 13:27 from LaBM - click to readgalaxy s is the best among those......s has front cam....and cortex a8 processor....

S is the ultimate one......

• 2012-06-10 07:37
  • 7qB7

> In reply to Ali @ 2012-06-09 15:24 from Hxd% - click to readIt is not common problem
before april 2012 handset having this problem only

• 2012-06-10 05:13
  • Xun}

after april 2012 handset having this problem only

• 2012-06-10 05:12
  • Xun}

htc one v or sony ericsson neo v......which is better?
what about camera quality and sound clarity in one v? Is that equal to sony ericsson mobiles? plz frndz reply me....help me...thanks in advance...

• 2012-06-10 04:21
  • utZb

Why no1 have posted video with these yellow spots on youtube? look like this is the fake problem.

• 2012-06-10 02:10
  • dMKC

> In reply to Ali @ 2012-06-09 14:25 from Hxd% - click to readWhy no1 have posted video on youtube with these yellow spots?

• 2012-06-10 02:02
  • dMKC

Anyone moaning about what video formats it plays - just install MoboPlayer from the Play Store - Welcome to the 21st century.

• 2012-06-09 20:21
  • 0phK

I got HTC ONE V on 1st of June'12 and there are few issues with that phone like memory card slot not detecting the memory card where as the M-card was working fine with other phones so I talk to the Customer care and they were helpless so I took that to the Service Center upgraded the operating system and memory problem was fixed and but not the screen issue so along with my Phone the Service center Guy gave me the DO certificate the get the phone replaced.

Now on 7th June I got my phone replaced with a new one and its so unfortunate to say that there are some problem with this new phone as well
1. Today after one day I got no network issue. I tried the advised in the internet by changing the Network mode to GSM and WCDMA both didn't work.
2. Once you charge the phone and after try to do any thing the phone is very slow even though there is no data or applications stored by me in the phone.
3. If you will try to do multi-tasking then the phone gets Stuck and only way to get ride of this is to restart the phone.

What I personally feel is there is no quality check happened before launching this product in the market. Now I don't even know what should I do with this phone (Embarrassing situation.

Strongly Recommend not to even think of this phone HTC ONE V.

• 2012-06-09 20:05
  • vbJF

> In reply to Hi @ 2012-06-09 12:18 from vweG - click to readNo bro it is not having a single problem yet. Just if you can confirm whether you can change Bluetooth storage to memory card

• 2012-06-09 15:27
  • uv4r

> In reply to saju @ 2012-06-08 11:34 from 0Cp5 - click to readHi,

I bought one v from sharjah. It has yellow spots. I searched online and found out that it is very common among other htc one v users. some of them got it replaced but even the replaced phone has yellow spots. Is this the quality of an international product ?

• 2012-06-09 15:24
  • Hxd%

can I just know why it cannot play AVI or MKV format, and just stick with MP4, which great, but do i need to like convert the movies or videos to MP4 or not, is there anything else,

• 2012-06-09 14:30
  • vG$n

> In reply to hi @ 2012-06-08 19:14 from puh5 - click to readThats not true. I bought one from Axiom in Sharjah CC...there are yellow spots near the bottom of the screen which is clearly visible. !

• 2012-06-09 14:25
  • Hxd%

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-02-27 01:39 from 321r - click to readHey guys umm I'm having some issues with my htc one v.i have no apps installer ..but whenever i open something nd click thé escape key it first loads ..l'île gives à loading sign then gets back ti normal..help lz :)

• 2012-06-09 14:09
  • PFIL

is htc one v as good as htc desire s or samsung galaxy s?

• 2012-06-09 13:27
  • LaBM
Total of 3994 user reviews and opinions for HTC One V.