HTC One V - user opinions and reviews

5.9

will this phone get android 4.0.4 ?? its stuck on 4.0.3

• 2012-12-28 15:43
  • nTWf

what if the mobile hangs?
in other mobiles we can remove the battery, and then the mobile starts, but in one v,being inbuild battery this option rules out.
plz can anybody tell about the battery issue if mobile hangs, and also does inbuild battery gives problem in mobiles

• 2012-12-28 10:36
  • vwh8
  • LG (Litlle gangster)
  • Rating0

> In reply to ChunkyBunny @ 2012-12-27 03:06 from t7x$ - click to readI have the HTC one V, it's a really comfortable phone, sometimes slow, but that's because of the apps.

• 2012-12-27 17:52
  • mt$T

Hey i am having sensor problem in my HTC one v
Whenever I call someone I can't able to end the call please suggest how can I resolve this problem

• 2012-12-27 15:45
  • rKhM

Some of you are saying the HTC One V is slow, because you are used to high end smartphones that is super fast. :) I'm getting this phone next year and your comments doesn't bother me at all.

• 2012-12-27 03:06
  • t7x$

> In reply to tittymouse @ 2012-12-26 18:24 from HC4v - click to readIn my opinion it is the best. Of course you must consider it comparing it only to other "entry level" android phones. I got this phone for $99 from Virgin Mobile USA. It is the cheapest phone with android 4.0 Meanwhile Motorola, LG, and Samsung are stilling trying to hock entry level phones with Android 2.3, and for more money!!!
Also this is the best 5 MP camera on a phone I've ever seen. It can take pictures in a pitch black room and it look as if the room has fully lighted.

• 2012-12-27 02:23
  • iS%H

> In reply to Kamlesh @ 2012-12-25 13:40 from X0}t - click to readThe bluetooth issue is not BIGGGGG ...as you claim. Who uses bluetooth for file transfers? That is just ridiculous. I use a free wi-fi file transfer app like tap pouch (listed in google play as wi-fi file transfer-orange icon with blue wi-fi symbol) So when 2 devices are connected to the same wifi network you can transfer files with no size limit.
This phone has Bluetooth 4.0 which is best. I can connect it to my bluetooth headset and bluetooth speaker simultaneously.

• 2012-12-27 02:18
  • iS%H

The One V is the best "entry level" android phone I've used. I used to be dedicated to LG (had both the Optimus v and OPtumus Elite). I didn't know what I was missing until I got the HTC One V. When I first start up the phone all the app icons load instantly whereas on the LG phones it took several minutes for all the app icons to load. The HTC has by far the best camera on any entry level android. (LG wasn't too bad...the absolute worst camera was on the Motorola defy XT which even with a LED flash took pictures so dark you couldn't see anything.) On the One V I took a picture in a pitch black room and the picture looked like all the lights were on when I took it.

In summary if you want an entry level Android stay away from LG, Motorola, and Samsung... HTC is the best in my experience.

• 2012-12-27 02:10
  • iS%H

well it's absolutely the most laggy phone I ever had but Im sure that would disappear if they had chosen to update one v to JB but since htc refuse to do that then this phone remains crapy. It's obvious that htc doesn't put care about one v then why should we buy this shit?

• 2012-12-26 21:41
  • 38GZ

> In reply to abhi001 @ 2012-12-24 10:21 from 2@yq - click to readThis is the worst phone i have ever had. It takes several secs to open any of the apps. To open a msg u have 2 make several attempts before it opens. I think i'll stick too a gd old sony

• 2012-12-26 18:24
  • HC4v

> In reply to Kam-z55 @ 2012-12-25 17:55 from t}gD - click to readgo to settings>Apps>All> Search Bluetooth share>clear app cache n data.
Hope this wud work :)

• 2012-12-26 11:25
  • 2@yW

gud features but lots of hardware n software promblems....the phone can shut down anytime.....a bad option

• 2012-12-26 08:34
  • uuVR

Go for samsung phone or htc one s or htc desire x. These phones r going to get jelly bean n jb is essential bcoz its really very smooth. I have rooted my one v n installed jb so now it runs very smooth without any lags. V have some great developers at xda bcoz of which jb roms have bcum vry stable. If ur going for one v, then u will require to root it for smoothness.

• 2012-12-26 03:58
  • vb$k

I got rid of the rebooting problem by doing a factory reset but after 2 weeks it started again. I had enough of one v so I bought samsung galaxy s3 mini instead and it works much better

• 2012-12-26 00:32
  • 38GZ

Hi,
I can't receive file via Bluetooth more than 70 to 80 Mb .. can I change the received file path??

• 2012-12-25 17:55
  • t}gD

It's a good phone, the reason why it lags is that in the settings, go to developer options - then UNCHECK 'Destroy every activity when the user leaves it'. I have done this has helped 100%.

• 2012-12-25 16:06
  • nGC7

> In reply to abhi001 @ 2012-12-25 11:53 from 2@yB - click to readHi Abhi
am using this cell past 4 months.
I find this bluetooth issue..
I cant receive file more than 70-8- MB. I tried most of the things to change the settings. but no luck.
Do u know how to change the setting something like 'Save to memory card'.??

• 2012-12-25 13:46
  • X0}t

Hei.
I got this set 4 months ago for 18k but it's around 17k which is ok. Its a good phone.
Camera 9.1/10
Appearance 7/10
Sound/Music 8/10
Battery backup - As u know its android but lets say 8/10(with texting), 7.1/10(call), 5/10(Net pack)
games 9/10
Its a sealed body with chin up. Non user removable battery. No front camera and HDMI port :(

Also found that the bluetooth issue.

Don worry its working. The issue is that When u receive a file more than 70-80 MB, it fails.
Phone spec says 1GB for user which is partially true.
Its divided into 900 MB & 100 MB.in 900MB apps will will be installed & in 100 MB pic taken from camera or bluetooth received files.So if u try to receive files more 80MB it fails always. User cannot change this setting neither change bluetooth setting.
So This is a Biggggggg -ve.

I found that during any call the the sound output when we hear is low. It's having a ok ok average-nice type headphone.
I would prefer Sony now bcoz of its variant appearance, sound.If u like HTC go for it, but now SonY is having more options.

• 2012-12-25 13:40
  • X0}t

Heyy Friends i just want to buy HTC One V....So plzzz suggest me how it is ??

• 2012-12-25 11:57
  • uujI

> In reply to jerry @ 2012-12-23 18:06 from utx9 - click to readThis cannot be updated to JB becos to run JB smoothly minimum 768 MB RAM is required.But the one v has only 512 MB RAM.So it won't be updated to JB.Though ICS runs smootly on the phone.

• 2012-12-25 11:53
  • 2@yB
Total of 4001 user reviews and opinions for HTC One V.