HTC One X+ - user opinions and reviews

HTC

Popularity

Daily interest
2.4%
Total hits:
3868416

Voting results

Design
7.3
Features
7.2
Performance
7.3
Votes:
451

Sort by:

> In reply to akbalboa @ 2013-01-14 13:55 from rJLG - click to readwelcome buddy...

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-14 15:12
  • vG6e
  • R

> In reply to Nishu11 @ 2013-01-14 08:26 from vG6$ - click to readwell thanks for those links but i really dont trust on the articles anymore , cos articles can be biased and theres lot of difference between performance on paper and in real world and believe me I'm obsessed with cameras and photography or you can say with gadgets but if I have to choose one perfect gadget, it will always be a camera, cos it captures moments of life. well anywys thanks for the links and take care Nishu (:

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-14 13:55
  • rJLG
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-13 22:49 from rKhf - click to readI appreciate your comment.
here are some links that may help you to reorganize your facts and further as a photographer u maybe interested in these things:

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobi...-x-50009626/

http://blog.htc.com/2012/08/pr...s-htc-one-x/

Good luck :)

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-14 08:26
  • vG6$
  • R

> In reply to cveks @ 2013-01-12 15:10 from JF3J - click to readYour comment just sound you got it from the books of HTC and not from the mouth of consumers.

1. Samsung Galaxy S3 has really a SLIGHTLY BETTER camera than One X+. I've already seen and used both phones and I will say Galaxy S3 pictures has less noise and perform better in low light. When it comes to video quality Samsung Galaxy S3 is NOTICEABLY BETTER, One X+ shoots videos on framerates around 28-30fps while Samsung Galaxy S3 shoots it on a constant 30fps.

2. Sense is much better only in LOOKS but lags behind in functionality to TouchWiz. Sometimes it don't play some other video formats and even mp4 videos. It don't have a built in video player app but instead it's embedded in the gallery. And it don't show video details only tiles of videos and won't let you customize it. Also it don't have the function of locking videos. SGS3 video player played all the popular video files and the built in video player is very functional and detailed.

3. You're wrong WE DON'T NEED THE SD CARD FOR EXPANSION PURPOSES BUT FOR MEMORY FLEXIBILITY. Having a micro SD card offers you a chance to detach your files from your phone instantly. I can change my SD card like "this SD card contains movies, this SD card contains files, this SD card contains images" I mean you can have UNLIMITED memory capacity and FLEXIBILITY.

4. When the battery goes wrong it will become bloated like a tumor and will damage nearby circuits. Its like a CANCER on your phone. faulty embedded batteries can TOTALLY WRECK your phone and worst scenario is it can even EXPLODE without warning. REMOVABLE BATTERIES like SGS3 offers POWER FLEXIBILITY, SECURITY AND SAFETY. You can have UNLIMITED power backup as well as the chance to CHECK the condition of the battery because batteries is the #1 cause of phone wreckage these days.


Samsung Galaxy S3 weakness are only these things and nothing follows.
1. AMOLED display wont last long and will expect burn-in problems within 2 years. (anyway expect cheaper replacement options in the future)

2. POPULARITY, there's a LOT of imitation phones out there and also the fact that almost everyone use this phone In my country (this phone can be found everywhere). You wont feel special or proud using Samsung Galaxy S3. The design is just ALRIGHT but the fact that you can see it ANYWHERE make you see it as a low class phone design because its very COMMON. Also like iPhone 5 (dont feel special using iphone because everyone has it).

IMO HTC is the most premium ANDROID DEVICE. They really stick to their mottO QUIETLY BRILLIANT. but their company suffer low SALES because of being QUIET. but their phones are really brilliant. I agreen the design is 1000x better than SGS3 but the functionality and flexibility is also 1000x less.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-14 04:45
  • K7g8
  • R

> In reply to Nishu11 @ 2013-01-13 22:32 from vG6$ - click to readwell I really don't get why are you debating on those topics in which I didn't say anything and also I have mentioned I said all that stuff to a perticular guy cos he was obsessed with htc . why don't you get it . I am not saying htc is bad , how many times do I have to say this thing and now comes to photography, I have 1 year diploma course in photography , so I really don't need learn from you that how will I click good pics with one x+ and secondly , I have really not intrest what goes in market , whatever I said it was just for a single person. well your happy with camera quality of htc , good for you . I don't wanna say anything about it but still there's one thing left which I have to tell you the camera lens on one x and one x+ is prone to scratches and it is not a good lens. atleast I have right to say that much cos I know in terms of photography you all won't agree cos you are happy, so be happy.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-13 22:49
  • rKhf
  • R

akbalboa, u damn need classes to use your one x+...a bad camera...u gotta kidding me.
I won't say that this or the onex has exceptional camera but if u properly know how to make use of ISO and whitebalance you will agree that this is the device that makes the most out of its settings...Now don't even compare low light photos to anything less than iphone5 because its no brainer
Further, let me tell you guys that its not abt kicking HTC out of the market coz people buy to show-off or rather i should admit to brag.
For eg: u have got S3 oh i have got note2, pity...
well that's not the reality
HTC is providing less features but atleast able to retain its standard.
U can yourself see S3 going dead in europe or rather the biggest flaw: the Exynos chipset itself(read the news if u haven't).Now where the hell are those 30 million customers.They don't feel it just because phones are just fashion for today's world.
Also its not only at personal level coz this is technology where anything can be damaged,so the matter of consideration is that what is the probability of getting damaged where HTC scores over samsung.Samsung is just entering into each segment of mobile phones but it cannot match the true level of HTC...check out the customer satisfaction surveys and u will get to know.
Also according to analysts let me tell you that HTC is a very small company compared to samsung or apple and it never tries to neither will ever to compete with others.It has its own segment.I am saying all this coz in my family there are 4 S2's and they all are starting to lag after 8-9 months of usage.
Further you reply me and i will bring one more issue to limelight at this forum..CHEERS.ENJOY

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-13 22:32
  • vG6$
  • U

> In reply to CET-8-2012 @ 2013-01-13 19:11 from sSMq - click to readwell you don't see logic in my comment cos you didn't read my other previous comments and what your telling me I know all these things already . htc is born in front of me , so don't brag about facts and also I didn't say that htc is bad . if you would read my previous comments I have clearly mentioned that I don't like s3's build quality and I like htc's build way better than many phones but my major problem is the camera and its poor lens quality which gets scratched and its true , you wanna belive it or not doesn't matter. I know there is dedicated image chip for camera but still htc's camera is slower than iPhone's camera. try both of them and then tell me how much an image chip helps htc. just looking at the paper specs doesn't mean you will be able to judge the phone .you need to try every phone before comparing or saying anything about them and i am not saying anything without using and fully testing the phone. your telling mee that , I haven't used htc phone , so for your kind information . I'm typing this comment from one x+. so, don't be judgemental and its my second htc phone.htc is good but they really have to do something about their camera. if your satisfied with its camera quality be happy but I'm not, cos I have used most of the major brands and I really expect more in terms of camera and yeah lens quality too.I am not fighting here for lcd or amoled thats personal preference neither about non removable battery or sd card slot, debating on these things are baseless cos its purely personal opinion but nobody wants to compromise with their camera quality or getting their lens scratched.I am here for its camera and lens quality thats it. one more thing , your trying to judge me and telling mee that I'm wrong but if you really wanna get what I meant you should read my previous comment and i said all those things cos that guy was just saying baseless stuff and ignoring the fact that there are other brands too and i dont have propblem, if somebody is a diehard fan of any brand but my problem is they should say things to others based on something not just saying htc is best or apple is best.nobody is best but some feature are needed to be above average. if you are an htc fan then you might not get what I meant , but you are not a fan of any particular brand and a true gadget critic then you can get me. anyways, I dont wanna explain anymore cos most people only hear what they wanna hear.. its just that I'm not against any brand not even htc , I expect something from them and I'm just putting what is bad not everything.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-13 21:59
  • U@DJ
  • R

Seriously...i've read a lot of stupid comments in my life...but your's top all of them...i didn't see any "logic" in your comment here...seriously dude do you have any idea about this company you've gone on to say uses cheap materials to make their phones and camera lenses???...have you used a HTC mobile phone???...HTC was the 1st company to create an android device..the 1st company to create a touch screen mobile phone...the 1st company that made a windows phone...and that is why HTC has so much brand value...they have a legacy of making good phones, which they would never want to ruin by using cheap stuff...most HTC phones have an image chip on them which controls everything related to taking images including the camera app and so they can take images without shutter lag...from what you have mentioned it is obvious that you haven't used a HTC device in your life...the camera on the ONE X+ is better than the one on S3, the colors of images taken on S3 are a bit unsaturated..and the aperture of the lens is less as compared to the one on HTC one x+...also low light images are much better...please do not argue unless you've used the phones...i've used both S3 and one x+...and also most of the other galaxy phones...i dislike samsung mobile phones because of their less than mediocre looks(when you spend money...what is wrong in spending it on something worth looking at) and also the i personally prefer the Super LCD screens over the high contrast AMOLED displays(not that it is bad...to any normal person AMOLED is waaaay better than super LCD...but i personally prefer Super LCD), because they are brighter and whites are more emphasized...but again where i live HTC customer service is very poor while samsung service is pretty good...performance wise there isn't much to seperate the 2 phones...i couldn't check the benchmarks on anything...but gaming performace is good...they only thing that bothers me is the non user removable battery...which is a stupid idea and also the fact that there is no expandable memory...64 gbs is a lot but...the advantages of an expandable memory are many..

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-13 19:11
  • sSMq
  • U

> In reply to Limpopo @ 2013-01-12 12:24 from f0sX - click to readwell personally I don't see this going anywhere cos I talk people with sane persective , not those who follow something blindly and pour out their emotions for their favorite brand. you be happy with your HTC and I will judge every phone on my logics and experience, cos I really don't think the most people will jus live with a powerful processor and bunch of apps. flagship phones are meant to do good in every specs and field they got. jus by putting powerful specs and android doesn't mean phone is superb and that's why apple and Samsung us kicking HTC's out of the market. flagships aren't just camera or music , they must be allrounders then only a phone becomes flagship of brand.I seriously have no idea on what bases you say this phone is good or this is bad . you sounds like a child who just look at something and says "this looks good I love it and others are bad, I just love this this only this" broaden up your mind.stick to one thing and you can never really see different things out their and I'm not saying htc is bad , its just that their camera is very bad and they kind of material they put as camera lens doesn't really fit in good phone and this is flagship, so they should be ashamed of their material as lens of camera . be happy with your HTC and I gonna try everything out there. good luck with your phone

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-12 20:44
  • U@S1
  • R

> In reply to cveks @ 2013-01-12 15:43 from JF3J - click to readSir,
your pictures are clear and vivid... this are better than S3 but can be equal to iphone 5.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-12 19:28
  • NpAP
  • R

Got HTC ONE X+ 5 day's ago and have been going nuts with it non stop using it and here is my opinion/review/experience.

First - Battery life = So far with power saver setting provided by htc and turned on in the notification bar.

I'm getting VERY good battery life, obviously can't compare it with the battery life of the motorola droid razr maxx hd but, 12 hours of battery life and that's mostly on wifi, hspa/3g uses more battery id say 15-20% more but so far if your doing texting, social networking, multitasking and pretty much anything apart from gaming I think you will find battery life is VERY good, Used 2 gs3's and i can tell you that its equivalent if not better in some instances battery life. my set up is 25% brightness indoors, 50% brightness outdoors daylight time and 0%-10% brightness outdoors dark/night time. sync set to manual/ once every hour and power saver on.

Now performance with powersaver always on and all 7 homescreens filled up fully with widgets. -

Absolutely amazingly SMOOTH and fluid and 0 milisecond lags. even played shadowgun hd with powersaver on and it ran that like nothing, left game screen mid game using multitasking button and changed to another app and came back to the game without any loss or lag or issues what so ever. (bare in mind with powersaver on its only using one 1.7ghz core to operate and the others are switched off completely) I honestly can't express how blazing fast and fluid it is. Also for those who think sense ui is laggy/resource intensive i can tell you this before yes it was ever since sense 4.0 and especially sense 4+ which is what this device comes preloaded with it is very light and fast, they really trimmed sense ui down and they did it while still keeping it looking very very nice. performance rating 10/10 ... and yes in my personal experience even smoother and slightly faster than internation gs3 with 1.4 ghz quad core processor.

Camera is really good probably not the very best of all devices out there but definately good id give it 8/10. taking off 1 points for lack of editing settings and obviously 1 point because it could of been 12 megapixel since its a revamped flagship.

Audio quality - the speaker is really loud and extremely clear!!! and when using headphones and beats audo enabled... i gotta say ive heard beats audio on htc devices a year ago and its not the same thing, before I use to see it as a marketing gimick nothing you can;t emulate using mixzing eq/ 10band eq and a sound virtualisation app like dsp manager BUT it REALLY makes a big difference in such a way that it would be VERY VERY VERY hard if not impossible to emulate. sound quality - both speaker and headphones 10/10.

my usage amount is moderate to intensive so very extremely pleased with the device, in my opinion worth every penny.

over all rating 9/10


  • Reply
  • 2013-01-12 15:46
  • n53X
  • H

Also I dont say that camera on this phone is not good. Its very good I just say that Sony had best cameras on phones by my opinion.

If you want to see some shots you can do it here. I uploaded few photos for you to see camera quality. All shots are taken without flash

1. This one is taken on hill, outdoor

http://www.visionwebhosting.ne...nexplus1.jpg

2. This one is taken indoor - me and my family :)

http://www.visionwebhosting.ne...nexplus2.jpg

3. This one is taken indoor, low light conditions, using panorama mode

http://www.visionwebhosting.ne...nexplus3.jpg

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-12 15:43
  • JF3J
  • H

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-12 06:56 from IWH7 - click to readThis device is best I had owned in my whole life. And I owned a lot - like iphone 4S, Galaxy S, Galaxy S3, Motorola Razr XT190,Sony Xperia Arc S, Blackberry Curve 9380 etc. Better in every aspect of GS3, iPhone 4S and Motorola Razr except Camera - Xperia Arc S had better Camera.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-12 15:14
  • JF3J
  • R

> In reply to drake01 @ 2013-01-12 14:42 from K7gN - click to readI disagree with every aspect.

1. HTC ONE X+ has better camera than GS3
2. Sense is MUCH BETTER AND MUCH FASTER THAN TOUCHWIZ. Few of my friends has GS3 and their Touchwiz LAGS when then try to click on phone or contacts icon. It takes few seconds sometimes up to 5 to open this sections and with Sense everything works great.
3. No need for SD card slot because I have 64 GB of space with One X+ . No one else doesnt offer more space on phone today than One X+.
4. Not a problem to me because I will probably use this phone for one year, get better HTC device and sell this one.

Quality built of One X+ is 1000 times better than on Galaxy S3 . GS3 is whole plastic device, and One X+ has non scratching body and display. All my previous GS3 devices lacked built quality and after 6 months of usage metalic line covering sides of display starts to crack and looses its tiny parts.

So for me - One X+ ownz GS3 in every aspect.

Not to mention that One X+ is much faster than GS3 in both Quadrant and Antutu benchmarks and that SLCD2 display is better than Super Amoled.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-12 15:10
  • JF3J
  • R

HTC beats audio have best sound quality of all phones on the market and I have them a lot including Iphones, Galaxy S3, Motorola RAZR, Sony Xperia S etc.

By my opinion Sony have best camera, but lacks in other aspects like built quality , hardware specs . HTC have best possible hardware specs, best possible audio quality, and good but not the best camera quality.

There is no smartphone which is superior in every aspect and never will be . You need to choose phone regarding your requirements . And my requirements are business related so camera is not important to me at all.

HTC One X+ has at this moment fastest processor, most of available space (64 GB) on the market . And beautiful crisp SLCD2 display which is much better than Galaxy S3 super amoled , especially in color temperature and contrasts. Colors on SLCD2 display are more realistic and vivid than on super amoled. I compared it with Galaxy S3 and Motorola RAZR XT910

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-12 14:52
  • JF3J
  • U

Samsung Galaxy S3 weaknesses
1. AMOLED DISPLAY has high risk of burn-in problems.
2. Popularity, YES THIS IS A MAJOR WEAKNESS(I can see lots of imitation phones and almost everyone has this phone so you won't feel special or proud using the device.)

HTC One X+ weaknesses
1. Bad Camera (SGS3 has better camera in every aspect)
2. Bad Software and interface (Sense is heavy and has limited functionality, Bad video player, limited codec support. )
3. No SD card (It's not about the memory capacity but the flexibility of data handling) Your files will be only limited on what you can store on your phone and you cant save them on memory card and detach for storage or security purposes
4. No Removable Battery. ( If your battery goes wrong, it can damage the nearby circuits without noticing it ). also denies the flexibility of battery backup capabilities.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-12 14:42
  • K7gN
  • U

> In reply to akbalboa @ 2013-01-11 23:37 from U{6i - click to readeveryone is professional here where do you get that? I guess you were intoxicated by the love of writing a long comment.so let us not talk about what u wrote that everyone is profffesional here cause that we make others if not you that others are highly educated and working in a corporate world that generates millions if not billions annually.. HTC my brand

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-12 12:30
  • f0sX
  • R

> In reply to akbalboa @ 2013-01-11 23:16 from U{6i - click to readSir,
my problem might be I use only HTC's even before but most of the time I do have feel of other phones by people around me.. I might sound political ego-centric but It's fine though. lol.. you sound happy with HTC with one flaw of camera.. we all have disappointments in all we allow to be part of us.. the mighty iPhones have its flaws and lesser S3 with unlimited flaws after update like HOX n note 2 that you put on a charge for the whole day to be fully charge but we keep embracing what we have purchased..at first no one was and is coerced to buy what doesn't suit their day to day life.. My wife has N8 for 3years camera is outstanding...HTC my brand

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-12 12:24
  • f0sX
  • R

> In reply to akbalboa @ 2013-01-11 23:37 from U{6i - click to readthe fact, HTC has audio beast it doesn't make it a music phone. HTC one x+ has a better view in camera compared to iPhone 5 & s3 in my study... my colleague own Iphone 5 & my niece own S3 so we play around this phones everyday...

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-12 12:14
  • f0sX
  • R

> In reply to akbalboa @ 2013-01-11 23:37 from U{6i - click to readAre we talking about Hox or Hox+? as I mainly have said Hox+ has improved moderately.. can someone on earth by a very costly smartphones in the name of camera or music? of course, no. people might know a best phone in terms of camera or music but not buying it because there is more than that in a smartphones to can settle. and you lie HTC One X & One X+ have a better view on the camera and good music... My colleague is using Iphone 5 and my niece S3 so I don't talk stats which changes like weather but having experiential knowledge by having a touch on other competitors... and the fact, that HTC uses Audio beast in almost every phone that doesn't make it a music phone. in essence, your only disappointment on HTC is camera but it's normal we all have disappoints at work,with our loved ones, our cars and in everything unless we create our own thing which again might not come out as expected... I use HTC phones nothing else.. maybe I'm stereotypical.. ha ha ha

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-12 12:08
  • f0sX
  • R
Sort by:
Total of 1727 user reviews and opinions for HTC One X+.