HTC One X+ - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.3
7.2
7.3

Finnaly, can someone tell me: is this a dc-hspa+ phone?
42 Mb?
or not

• 2013-01-05 19:17
  • S75a

Guys,

I just got this phone yesterday and I can tell you that, this is the best phone I EVER HAD. And I had many - Xperia Arc S, Iphone 4S, Motorola Razr XT910 etc. Everything runs super fast and smooth. What one guy told here that Sense UI lags - is TOTAL LIE. Sense is SUPER FAST on HTC One X+ . This phone is probably best at this moment on market. Screen is also great, colors are vivid, I compared it with my Motorola XT910 and colors are brighter and white is real white instead yellow-white on Super Amoled screen.

• 2013-01-04 13:33
  • JF3J

> In reply to [deleted post]Iphone does that and I don't see any problem with it at all... Don't buy it... and make your own phone...
learn to appreciate the good work that HTC has done...
HTC for life...

• 2013-01-04 10:49
  • f0bH

This is so prefect phone, battery is very good, 1.5 day with lot of usage, but when you play games, it become less then day... I carrier gave me beats audio handset, and they are also perfect. Screen is so real, colors are perfect also... Only little worse thing is camera, but it is still very good, but I can't call it perfect, like all others parts. Phone is so beautiful, you can easily fall in love in him... :) And from my experience everyone will watch you and your perfect phone, because it is impossible NOT to notice this phone... All my recommends for this phone, I decided to buy this one, not S3, my girlfriend has S3, and I can tell you, this is better phone, all except camera. Who can live with that, this is phone for you...

• 2013-01-03 22:16
  • xI0U

This Iz d Best Phone Till Date Coz It has @ Brilliant Display And Pixel Density Lovely ProcessingAnd u Know why it is Better dan Samsung S3 Ans . is It does 1080p Recording While s3 Doesnt And It does 720p with Front Camera Isnt That Awesome Respect that Man HTC has Worked A Lot ........

• 2013-01-03 19:01
  • 7tF}

It doesn't make stereo audio recordings like its predecessors. If HTC puts more battery life and double mic, I´ll get one!!

• 2013-01-03 10:02
  • HELU

After MUCH deliberation I finally decided to give HTC another chance and picked up a One X+. I was debating the Note 2 but found it just a touch too big.
I've had it for less than 24 hours so I can't really speak to battery life yet but if the time it took to drain during setup is any indication I should be happy.
The One X+ has great build quality and I look forward to getting the case and screen film on it (Otterbox Commuter with a SGP matte finish). I tend to drop my devices at least once in their lifetime and a good case has saved me from replacing hardware. The SGP screen cover isn't because I am worried in the least about the durability of the Gorilla Glass but to eliminate the fingerprints.
During the setup I knew I was going to have some challenges porting data from my Amaze 4G (It is the best damn phone you've never checked out. Seriously, compare specs on GSMarena with the Amaze 4G, One X, and S3) as I am going from a device with micro SD to one without. I was obviously able to backup all my data but WHY should this be such a PITA when it is SOOOOOOOO obvious that HTC could easily add a micro SD slot mirroring the SIM card port solution. I shouldn't have to use a USB cable and mount this as a hard drive to port the data that backup tools don't seem to grab. I apologize for digressing with this minor rant but I will touch on this more later.
The initial setup is typical HTC with the familiar walk-through of prompts. Being abundantly comfortable with my preferred Android setup I found the launch setup utility more cumbersome than helpful. I'm sure it would be very well received by anyone less familiar with Android though.
This is one speed demon piece of hardware! With the 1.7GHz 4 core Tegra 3 chip it has more power on tap than most tablets. I recall reading somewhere that the video chipset was a 12 core but couldn't find the info to confirm so please reply with proof one way or another. Benchmarks are one thing but so far the real world use is demonstrating some impressive performance.
Video quality is exceptional and very bright with good pixel density. After setting it up I ran a few HD videos on it and was very impressed.
Connectivity is great and what more needs to be said about LTE speeds.
Okay, so here is the fly in the proverbial ointment...
PUT A FREAKING SD SLOT IN THE NEXT GEN AND GIVE US BACK THE USER REPLACEABLE BATTERY!!!!!
Before all the big brain people start mouthing off about how 64GB + 25GB via Dropbox is MORE than enough storage (which I agree it is for 90%+ of all users) let's review. The purpose of an SD slot is not simply to provide more memory. I have historically used it to securely store and transfer data from one device to the next as this is much easier than configuring the multiple backup solutions I have to initiate just to setup my replacement device the way I had my previous device configured. If you think the cloud is secure enough for your data then good for you. I prefer to lock it down when I want to. Aside from the ease of data transfer I also prefer freeing up the on-board resources of my hardware by moving as many apps as possible to the SD card via Apps2SD.
Being a power user (my device is my lifeline to my business and I conduct 90% of my online work duties through it) I have become accustomed to swapping out batteries whenever I needed to. Being in an all day conference, watching movies, listening to music, or gaming for any duration without a power source to charge your device is a MAJOR pain. The case design for the Amaze 4G was brilliant and allowed for quick and easy battery swaps.
If the HTC M7 comes to light with a user replaceable battery and a card slot I will GLADLY upgrade my next to new X+ for those features.
Overall, the X+ is a very good phone but if HTC would actually LISTEN to what soooooo many consumers are asking for from the HTC flagship devices (Micro SD slot and user replaceable battery) it would likely win back a number of us long time HTC fans that tried out Samsung products and liked them.

• 2013-01-03 07:04
  • 46tc

> In reply to daya @ 2013-01-02 04:46 from ut97 - click to readhow did u khonw that?!

• 2013-01-03 06:09
  • HIAy

> In reply to Gojira @ 2013-01-01 21:19 from Ja6F - click to readI think he want to say zoom in and zoom out while you browse on internet or what ever,do that at the same time without releasing your hand

• 2013-01-03 01:32
  • thu9

> In reply to mimi @ 2013-01-01 20:23 from HI8n - click to readyes it has usb on go...

• 2013-01-02 04:46
  • ut97

hello guys just want to ask if the body is scratchproof and the rubberize paint stay or like in nokia n95 8gb the rubberized washout after a year... And please help one x+ or lg optimus g.... Please help me decide

• 2013-01-02 04:22
  • t7yH

This is a great device and being 64gb... 55gb user memory in many ways its better than the droid DNA and the beats audio is awesome and being 1.7 quad core is brilliant and doesn't get as hot as an s3 when playin high res games

• 2013-01-01 23:34
  • 3x}8

> In reply to Teffa @ 2012-12-30 21:37 from fkZs - click to readOne x+ of course

• 2013-01-01 23:28
  • 3x}8

> In reply to htc lover since imat @ 2012-12-29 14:42 from fwbY - click to readI don't get what you're trying to say? I pinched my Note 2's screen, and I see nothing strange happen. Would mind elaborating more?

• 2013-01-01 21:19
  • Ja6F

dos this phone has usb on the go or not

plz some body answer.

• 2013-01-01 20:23
  • HI8n

Does this phone have scratch issues like the one x?

• 2013-01-01 12:17
  • w0QN

does dis phn available in kerla?????ny 1 pls help?????

• 2013-01-01 05:21
  • 7tLU

> In reply to Anony @ 2012-12-28 12:00 from uuN7 - click to readOne x+ ofcourse

• 2012-12-31 11:13
  • HHHH

Somebody tell me about the LTE battery life of this

• 2012-12-31 10:48
  • HHHH
Total of 1730 user reviews and opinions for HTC One X+.