HTC One X - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.5
7.4
7.4

Come on, where is the GSMArena battery test for the HTC One X? I'm still waiting!

• 2012-04-18 14:24
  • PibW

I got the HTC One X from Vodafone UK and found it to be a terrible disappointment.

As someone who has had and loved The HTC Desire, HTC Desire S and the HTC Sensation, I found that the HTC One X actually performed worse than all of them.

The phone suffered from lagging and took ages to get into some web pages (I passed on my HTC Sensation to my partner and asked her to go to those web pages at the same time - the HTC One X was stuck but the HTC Sensation went straight to them).

If this is HTC's new flagship handset then they might be in trouble.

In the meantime, I have sent my HTC One X back to Vodafone and should be getting a Samsung Galaxy Note from them tomorrow!

It's sad that I have now parted ways with HTC for the first time in around two years but the HTC One X has - for the moment at least - put me off them and their new handsets.

• 2012-04-18 14:13
  • nFbh

> In reply to [deleted post]In India its available in white. and you can buy the brown grey colour from flipkart.com

I received mine in white from local dealer.

• 2012-04-18 13:56
  • vI2Q

Getting my one x today at some point cant wait what a phone getting it in white but bit gutted dont get beats with it so will have to buy pair of earphones myself

• 2012-04-18 13:19
  • Tr8a

> In reply to Anurag @ 2012-04-18 11:38 from iwqM - click to readI am using 2 hTC ONE X at the same time. I've been using this phone for approximately 2 weeks already. This is really a super phone.

I've no problem with this phone at all ... until yesterday! I found that one of my ONE X is draining battery at an extremely fast rate (on standby), which is abnormal. I made a call to hTC and their supervisor informed me that they have already gotten complains regarding this issue. hTC Taiwan Head Office is already attending to this issue; and will find a solution.

For the time being, if anyone encounter this problem, hTC suggest that we go to "Menu" > "Task Manager" > "Stop All", then re-start the phone ... this should solve the battery issue; at least for the time being until hTC come up with the solution. hTC supervisor will call to inform me once they have the answer to the solution.

My other hTC ONE X has not encounter the same battery issue yet.

• 2012-04-18 12:55
  • TCvT

> In reply to Nevets @ 2012-04-17 19:46 from 9G6t - click to readI am a pretty heavy user, and I get 5 Hours of SCREEN ON TIME. It generally lasts between 14-22Hours for me, and that's heavy to moderate usage during a normal work day.
I have just come from a Samsung Galaxy S2, and I would honestly say take the jump and buy the One X!

• 2012-04-18 11:59
  • yVgU

> In reply to [deleted post]Features what you dont use today....
a) becomes a basic necessity tomorrow (few of them surely as we user select and promote it to be so) or
b)excites a different set of users...
c) force few others to build on these and com up with something more revolutionary...

I guess it is natural and should be supported

• 2012-04-18 11:48
  • iwqM

I have moved from a blackberry 8520 to One X few days back and so needless to say the experience is amazing...I was a fan of BB qwerty keypads and was apprehensive about ease in typing but it is not a major issue.

One X Battery however takes at-least 5-6 hours for a complete charge and with my moderate usage just lasts a day. Also while charging the phone gets heated up..is it a flaw?

• 2012-04-18 11:38
  • iwqM

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-18 08:11 from v0qE - click to readTry White one bcz its Graceful ;)

• 2012-04-18 11:18
  • KId1

See the beauty of One X over iphone.
iPhone is a toy comparing to this monster.

• 2012-04-18 08:13
  • 0Cm}

> In reply to Liju @ 2012-04-18 08:08 from Pxd1 - click to readthanks :d

• 2012-04-18 08:11
  • v0qE

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-18 08:01 from v0qE - click to readChoose Grey,Black is not available for HTXC One X and White is more susceptible to dirt as this phone has a matte finish on its back.....

• 2012-04-18 08:08
  • Pxd1

I think that it is a best mobile which i ever seen

• 2012-04-18 08:02
  • 9JMN

White , Black, or Grey ?!?!?! ANSWER FASTTT!!! hehe :D

• 2012-04-18 08:01
  • v0qE

I mean we already have 5 x 4 = 20 icons, which are ... buttons. Robert Lichota

• 2012-04-18 05:07
  • miZk

Extra size of the screen is used by the button icons that are still backed up by the buttons. What is the benefit of 7 buttons?

• 2012-04-18 05:06
  • miZk

> In reply to Nevets @ 2012-04-17 19:46 from 9G6t - click to readmy advice to to is set your phone to 2g when your not using any data services and try to download juice defender for android but I don't if that is available on apple too.

• 2012-04-18 05:06
  • PGwF

Had this phone for 2 weeks and love it. Already unlocked and running aftermarket OS but the stock one is fine. You apple fanbois can complain all you want. I've so far owned the iPhone 4s, galaxy s, HTC magic and Sony xperia x10. And this is by far the best phone I've had. Only problem is after you go 4.7 inches you will never be able to put up with the tiny iPhone 3.5.

• 2012-04-18 04:53
  • s5vd

> In reply to Weirdo @ 2012-04-18 00:42 from fuN1 - click to readSome people want phones like these - I wanted it, I got it, I love it... Though to be fair, HTC released other phones as well - look at One V and let it be your N9...

• 2012-04-18 04:27
  • i5ZD

> In reply to Bortaçina @ 2012-04-17 13:59 from J8Dq - click to readThere's a 1.28 firmware to be released soon fixes a lot of bugs and will increase battery life much more but for now battery is great no doubt.

• 2012-04-18 01:53
  • 4nH7
Total of 6658 user reviews and opinions for HTC One X.