HTC One X - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.5
7.4
7.4

This phone does look nice in grey. I do not like it in white so I brought two grey ones. The build quality & material is very nice, the phone is thin & light & the edges are smooth, so it's comfortable to hold. One hand operation(using right hand) is not easy to press the power key, as I usually hit the volume key at the same time, wish that hTC designed the power key on the left side - not the same side as the volume key.

So far, everything about this phone is very good except:-
1. Battery life - fully drained without much use in 18 hours (just a few short phone calls & served the web for about 15 minutes).
2. The stick-out main camera is prone to scratch.
3. No card slot.

• 2012-04-12 00:51
  • P%E9

Anyone getting battery problems, download Easy Battery Saver. It's free, and I am getting roughly Double the battery life out of my One X!

• 2012-04-12 00:46
  • w6Xe

I just got my HTC One X yesterday, had it swapped over with my Nokia N9 64gb. I have to admit it's a nice phone but honestly, (i'm not a basher or anything) but the smoothness on the N9 is way better than the One X, the multitasking is a joke and it's ridiculous (apps runnig in the background even when you kill them < Music Player for instant >, the camera on the N9 is 10 times better (slower) but better, I wish I still had the N9 to show you a comparison. (GSMArena will review it and i'm sure they'l agree with me on this point)
The phone needs so much working on, the quad core doesn't give you that WOW factor, and multitasking can cause the phone to lag here and there.
The browser needs some work too as it just dies out sometimes but it's generally fast and smooth. The camera is super fast but the quality is pretty bad compared to my ex N9 and my brother's Galaxy Nexus and my other brothers iPhone 4s.
Haven't got around to install any apps (HD games) but I will later on today and let you know how well it handles high quality graphics.
Over all I'd give the phone a 7.5-8/10. (maybe later updates will make me rate it higher)

• 2012-04-12 00:38
  • i2qL

hi guys what is that ? the one s scored better than the one x why

• 2012-04-12 00:02
  • 3W$H

battery is ok not great. but better than other htc phones.

• 2012-04-11 23:26
  • pK@8

Looks great, feels great, performs great. Has a number of flaws battery dies quickly this is due to the brightness of the screen turn it down and it last a hell of a lot longer. Also with mine the screen is not grounded as such using it and charging at the same time is a loss cause. I am taking mine back and waiting for the Galaxy S III. I have had 2 HTC hand sets and both have hardware defects no more. Both don't have grounded screen at least with the sensation you get a slight vibrating while holding and charging but still works fine, but on the One X it does it's own this and unusable. I an't touching HTC ever again.

• 2012-04-11 23:16
  • 0pc3

what is the type off video recording ?

• 2012-04-11 22:01
  • MsM$

bought this phone abt aweek ago...and its fukin great!..dont listen to apple or samsung fanboys...fr a quadcore android phone...the battery life is pretty good...and as far as media is concerned...this ones a beast...and renders 3d animations like nothin else...worth the money!

• 2012-04-11 21:48
  • utYd

This thing has Tegra3 chipset!!! do you know what that means... Amazing 3D rendering and super smooth graphics + UI :D

Of course it also means more battery drain :)

Can't wait to get my hands on this beast!

• 2012-04-11 21:23
  • PFQk

> In reply to shazino @ 2012-04-11 08:52 from 3HGU - click to readDear Shazino,

The purpose here is not to charge it & watch how long it goes...
You need to use it too.

& you know what, you sound like you are a HTC employee.

• 2012-04-11 20:20
  • KAtn

Has anyone tried videocalling wid one x ?? I hv heard there r sum issues wid its video calling !! Kindly update me ! And also abt its browser !!

• 2012-04-11 20:11
  • 9591

***I don't know buy one x or wait for penta(5) qore one Z!!!?***

htc.hdblog.it/2012/04/11/htc-one-z-ecco-il-conce­pt-che-riassume-i-risultati-del-nostro-sondaggio­/

• 2012-04-11 19:47
  • nsCx

> In reply to htc one x @ 2012-04-11 09:18 from rANQ - click to readDear user "HTC ONE X"

Noooo ssshiiiittt !!
If that is all true.. then we are all goons here.

• 2012-04-11 19:11
  • KAtn

> In reply to TC @ 2012-04-11 14:08 from 0Tsc - click to readTrue story !

• 2012-04-11 19:09
  • KAtn

> In reply to john @ 2012-04-11 09:51 from vuJv - click to readI back you up, Legit !

• 2012-04-11 19:08
  • KAtn

> In reply to Bena136 @ 2012-04-11 13:43 from j%tc - click to readits not just about power.. it uses less battery, can do more with one cycle that dual or single core chips.. its not that much more powerful but it has to go that one step further..

• 2012-04-11 18:57
  • ssXG

And the catch is that things are only going to get better and better with each further update :)

• 2012-04-11 17:49
  • na0$

Just got this phone today ..love it .. didnt want to go back to touch screen phones , but im so happy i did .. now i gotta find cases and covers for this baby to protect it before i take it out ..im scared to drop it hehehe ..

• 2012-04-11 17:44
  • vuN@

> In reply to Thornography @ 2012-04-11 17:29 from v@Hc - click to readThe battery life is amazing... Play hardcore games with the best screen for a few hours, can watch about 7hrs of movies before it dies, or it can last you a WHOLE WEEK if you choose to http://imageshack.us/photo/my-...1190108.png/

• 2012-04-11 17:43
  • na0$

> In reply to jimmy @ 2012-04-11 15:40 from sSP4 - click to readwell in terms of battery i can't say much yet it will take some time to give a complete review but i can say that. Using it for browsing for 2 hours and reading word documents for 3 hours and watching videos for another 1 hour and half the battery lasted a bit more than 8 hours. So from my point of view that was extensive using and if it lasts for more then 8 hours with normal usage will last you a full day. so i don't think its terrible the battery life is average i will give a full review of it after testing a bit more after a day or 2. hope it helped.

• 2012-04-11 17:29
  • v@Hc
Total of 6477 user reviews and opinions for HTC One X.