HTC One X - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.5
7.4
7.4

This phone popularity goes to 88%.Mind blowing.But I am still waiting. for optimus4x hd and samsungs3.Will comparing and will choose RIGHT SOLID phone.Because removable battery and external card slot are my primary needs.

• 2012-04-12 08:05
  • Hkud

Bought it Yesterday:
If i am not ofending other Brands, the worlds best built phones are as: 1 Apple 2 Htc 3 Nokia...... So the Built quality is Excellent. The g-glass is so beautifully curved on the sides. the LED is also tiny and unique. the speaker is splendid. the control keys at the bottom are very responsive. ANNND FINALLY THE DISPLAY LOL it stretches 4.7 is a wow... I wasnt going to be so interested when i heard about 4.7 i thought it might be bulky but when i noticed that its smaller in size than SG-Nexus and looks very less bigger than SONY X OR SG2 in real looks.
The camera is the best i have ever seen on a mobile... although the pictures taken by SONY X ARE BRILLIENT...OR IPONE4S OR SG2 ARE GREAT.
The software is great ... nice cool ringtones... wolrd clock... car mode!!! Excellent voice in call audio.... i havent noticed any big difference in speed whats tegra 3 or dual core i havent played many games though. but display and the glass really would be nice to play on. Yess the most important The battery is also good or average atleast better than sg2 and sony x my previous android phones.
PROBLEM'S
My First Product was faulty from the comapny got it replaced in 15 minute the volume up key wasnt working.
I have a problem with exchange sync, cant sink to my official mail. with sg2 or sony x it sinks with the same config/credentials.
Please Advise How can I get rid of the android green logo on call screen I've got 700 contacts so having their photos is out of questions... some are there in Afghanistan some are in Pakistan... some in europe and us lol + what about the numbers we call out of contacts.... i hate this green android face. and also tell me about some good games for the kids.
Suggestions:
i dont want to hurt you guys ;-) but its todays best android phone this is a race, a never ending race. Nothing is perfect in this world. I remember my sirrocco 8800 and i regret the way it was broken or i would be keeping it till this day!
Cheers and best Wishes from an Afghan.

• 2012-04-12 07:33
  • 3xye

I by this phone on battery bakup

• 2012-04-12 07:16
  • uvqH

I by this phone on battery bakup

• 2012-04-12 07:12
  • uvqH

based on the review of One S on the homepage... One S is the fastest phone right now.

• 2012-04-12 05:08
  • 9Lax

> In reply to TC @ 2012-04-11 03:27 from 0TX% - click to readA beats equalizer is always the same as a preset equalizer made the company Beats itself, and the output sound will not fit on any genre because of this customization...any audio-enthusiast or audiophile knows that. Beats Audio's flaw is that it's only an equalizer!!!

If Beats Audio on HTC phones has an upgraded Digital-to-Analog chip that can manage to output a clean signal, then that's audio-quality sound. Also the headphones are so consumer-sound that people tend to know that they are "the best" headphones which in fact are rubbish compared to the sound of new headphones like V-Moda M80, Skullcandy Mixrs, House of Marley, Phiaton MS800 and even the old Audio-Technica M80. They schemingly trick consumers on their old technology of headphones in which the driver designs are obsolete and the beats software as an equalizer boosting bass. People should know that these Beats products are only for fashion accessories branding and nothing more.

So it's actually not a pro for this phone to have beats software, as it tends to dillute the consumer's brains to buy beats headphones, which is more expensive and impractical. It's a shame really on HTC as they created an excellent phone with a shady company beats is.

• 2012-04-12 04:04
  • 2IAb

There is an optional function which the phone will turn to speaker phone automatically when the screen is facing down...the speaker produce a lot of loud echo. Speaker phone sound nice & clear in normal use.

Power key (on the top), should have never been placed on the same side as the volume rocker for such a large phone!

For me, it took too long to fully charge up an empty battery (approx. 3 hours).

• 2012-04-12 01:13
  • P%E9

I am interested in this and following it but am buying sgs3..I keep seeing allsorts of problems and wonder if its ICS at fault..I have never seen so many recalls and problems since 2003 with firmware than ICS is causing..If this HTC with quadcore is not smooth then its definetly coding at fault period,,if this had quadcore @ 2.0GHz and i bet it would still have problems.

These smartfones are so complex and have so much squeezed into a small space its a wonder they work at all.I think the One S is selling better round our area.

• 2012-04-12 01:04
  • nGpW

This phone does look nice in grey. I do not like it in white so I brought two grey ones. The build quality & material is very nice, the phone is thin & light & the edges are smooth, so it's comfortable to hold. One hand operation(using right hand) is not easy to press the power key, as I usually hit the volume key at the same time, wish that hTC designed the power key on the left side - not the same side as the volume key.

So far, everything about this phone is very good except:-
1. Battery life - fully drained without much use in 18 hours (just a few short phone calls & served the web for about 15 minutes).
2. The stick-out main camera is prone to scratch.
3. No card slot.

• 2012-04-12 00:51
  • P%E9

Anyone getting battery problems, download Easy Battery Saver. It's free, and I am getting roughly Double the battery life out of my One X!

• 2012-04-12 00:46
  • w6Xe

I just got my HTC One X yesterday, had it swapped over with my Nokia N9 64gb. I have to admit it's a nice phone but honestly, (i'm not a basher or anything) but the smoothness on the N9 is way better than the One X, the multitasking is a joke and it's ridiculous (apps runnig in the background even when you kill them < Music Player for instant >, the camera on the N9 is 10 times better (slower) but better, I wish I still had the N9 to show you a comparison. (GSMArena will review it and i'm sure they'l agree with me on this point)
The phone needs so much working on, the quad core doesn't give you that WOW factor, and multitasking can cause the phone to lag here and there.
The browser needs some work too as it just dies out sometimes but it's generally fast and smooth. The camera is super fast but the quality is pretty bad compared to my ex N9 and my brother's Galaxy Nexus and my other brothers iPhone 4s.
Haven't got around to install any apps (HD games) but I will later on today and let you know how well it handles high quality graphics.
Over all I'd give the phone a 7.5-8/10. (maybe later updates will make me rate it higher)

• 2012-04-12 00:38
  • i2qL

hi guys what is that ? the one s scored better than the one x why

• 2012-04-12 00:02
  • 3W$H

battery is ok not great. but better than other htc phones.

• 2012-04-11 23:26
  • pK@8

Looks great, feels great, performs great. Has a number of flaws battery dies quickly this is due to the brightness of the screen turn it down and it last a hell of a lot longer. Also with mine the screen is not grounded as such using it and charging at the same time is a loss cause. I am taking mine back and waiting for the Galaxy S III. I have had 2 HTC hand sets and both have hardware defects no more. Both don't have grounded screen at least with the sensation you get a slight vibrating while holding and charging but still works fine, but on the One X it does it's own this and unusable. I an't touching HTC ever again.

• 2012-04-11 23:16
  • 0pc3

what is the type off video recording ?

• 2012-04-11 22:01
  • MsM$

bought this phone abt aweek ago...and its fukin great!..dont listen to apple or samsung fanboys...fr a quadcore android phone...the battery life is pretty good...and as far as media is concerned...this ones a beast...and renders 3d animations like nothin else...worth the money!

• 2012-04-11 21:48
  • utYd

This thing has Tegra3 chipset!!! do you know what that means... Amazing 3D rendering and super smooth graphics + UI :D

Of course it also means more battery drain :)

Can't wait to get my hands on this beast!

• 2012-04-11 21:23
  • PFQk

> In reply to shazino @ 2012-04-11 08:52 from 3HGU - click to readDear Shazino,

The purpose here is not to charge it & watch how long it goes...
You need to use it too.

& you know what, you sound like you are a HTC employee.

• 2012-04-11 20:20
  • KAtn

Has anyone tried videocalling wid one x ?? I hv heard there r sum issues wid its video calling !! Kindly update me ! And also abt its browser !!

• 2012-04-11 20:11
  • 9591

***I don't know buy one x or wait for penta(5) qore one Z!!!?***

htc.hdblog.it/2012/04/11/htc-one-z-ecco-il-conce­pt-che-riassume-i-risultati-del-nostro-sondaggio­/

• 2012-04-11 19:47
  • nsCx
Total of 6485 user reviews and opinions for HTC One X.