HTC One X - user opinions and reviews

16432052

7.5
7.4
7.4

> In reply to Thornography @ 2012-04-13 12:19 from w7ia - click to readsorry for being "dumb" but i just wanted to know. thanks anyways for answering :P

• 2012-04-13 12:48
  • v0qE

> In reply to anonymous @ 2012-04-13 11:21 from v0qE - click to readas far as your question goes mobile virus's are not common and is very rare. there are anti virus's to be on the safe side like avast and avg for android. you can download them on the play store. and abt the sd card being able to format you can do the same with it here when u plug the phone through the USB cable to the computer it will show it as an sd card in the name of HTC storage and u will be able to format it like any removable sd card. there are 2 partitions 1 for the apps ( internal storage) and the other acting an sd card. you will get 2.14 gb for the internal and 25 gb for storing data. you just asked a very dumb question but there's your answer anyway.

• 2012-04-13 12:19

what is the different between one X in Egypt & Austalia for using the SIM card

• 2012-04-13 12:17
  • fq6n

as a HTC retailer I received a One X for demonstration. i got one word for this phone: HOORAY!

• 2012-04-13 11:45
  • p@tR

what if you accidentally downloaded a virus, how will you remove it if their is no SD card that can reformat and delete the virus? it is directly in the phone. is their something that can block the virus in the phone? haha. I'm just curious hehe :P

• 2012-04-13 11:21
  • v0qE

I'm a not proud owner of one x it's slow and lagging a lot!!! definitely doesn't behave like aquad core I'll give u real examples from my user experience:
1. Lagging
when u press home button after browsing on the screen appears a loading symbol the super quad core needs time to load the home screen. It doesn't happen all the time but quite often. Also lagging occurs while switching from home screen to home screen. Again 4 cores isn't enough to do it smoothly. I did factory rest twice in a hope to get rid of these lags. Useless. Then I made the phone as light as possible meaning I treated it as though it's not a quad core but half core phone. I made a black photo with the lowest possible resolution and set it as a home screen then I removed almost All the widgets. There were left some bookmark short cuts on the home screens weather widget and a browser bookmark widget. Nothing happened. The same lag and loading symbol after pressing the home button after browsing. Switching among home screens is not smooth.
Oh yeah. . .what happens on a regular basis (once every two days on average) is a phone force restart after which the quad core phone offers to send a report to htc so they can improve the product in the future.
My guess is htc provide gsmarena with a special phone all the rest get shafts left over.
These 4 cores even cannot deal with winamp player - there are micro pauses all the time it's playing a song. As though there is not enough power to deal with it. Even my galaxy tab single core 1mgz 512mb ram can perform all those above mentioned tasks flawlessly.
What a shame htc. . .I'm speechless. I'm selling it on ebay. poor new owner of it.

• 2012-04-13 08:04
  • nxtA

> In reply to MJ @ 2012-04-13 03:39 from IaH9 - click to readwell I don't use the WiFi hotspot feature much. but I did a test if it worked properly there wasn't any it works just fine like it should.

• 2012-04-13 08:02
  • w7ia

> In reply to tanay24365 @ 2012-04-13 00:16 from 95ay - click to readwell I think there are phone covers available that can protect it. but the best way is to be careful with it dont mix the phone with any other stuff while in your pocket and always try placing the phone carefully when u place it anywhere then I'm sure it wont get scratches I had my one x for a week and no scratches yet on the camera.

• 2012-04-13 07:58

• uHBC

WOW :O

• 2012-04-13 05:35
  • PA8u

> In reply to [deleted post]Amezing pine one x battary life is good hdvideo recording is outstantig 2012 only best phone is one x

• 2012-04-13 05:11
  • utVg

> In reply to Thornography @ 2012-04-12 09:19 from v@H7 - click to read
Have you tried its wi-fi hotspot function? Can you tell us about it? I'm scouting for a good phone right now and I want to replace my 1yr old phone. I had considered this phone. Amazing features.

Thanks a lot.

• 2012-04-13 03:39
  • IaH9

> In reply to Mobilemaster @ 2012-04-12 17:32 from Laxf - click to readHello my friend.how are you?i dont see many comments from you these days.ofcourse I dont come to gsmarena very often these days but when I come,i dont see your name in some articles which I study.whats your opinion about this phone?how do you predict the future of htc as they arent in good shape like before.

• 2012-04-13 02:44
  • HFbi

the phone looks really nice. Its different from the other cookie cutter htc design. Its a refreshing design, following nokia lumia design. Curved glass, polycarbonate body. Except the build quality the build qualify isnt as good as the lumia. Anyway htc is getting with the device and hopefully it could be on par in terms of success with the likes of galaxies, lumias and iPhones

• 2012-04-13 00:47
  • wgFq

> In reply to Thornography @ 2012-04-12 09:19 from v@H7 - click to readThe fone is definitely worth ! 1 thing dat concerns me is d rear camera projects out and though it has a protective covering its liable to scratches ! What cn b done to protect it ??

• 2012-04-13 00:16
  • 95ay

> In reply to TUSHARR23 @ 2012-04-12 08:05 from Hkud - click to readHaving a removable battery are your primary needs? Really? I mean what if the phone lasts all day, do you still need a battery to take out?

• 2012-04-12 23:44
  • 7sed

I think you try quadrant cause antutu shows the frequency which the cpu is running currently. in quadrant go to system info and you will see the maximum cpu frequency if it its 1500mhz you are safe lol. you are safe either way u r just worrying too much.

• 2012-04-12 22:31
  • w7ia

> In reply to Prashant9996 @ 2012-04-12 22:22 from uw@q - click to readDon't worry my friend even in my phone the same information is there HTC didn't bother to reveal the clock speed of the phone. if you want to confirm it so bad do a benchmark test on antutu and see the device info. you will find the clock speed there in it.

• 2012-04-12 22:25
  • w7ia

> In reply to Thornography @ 2012-04-12 22:19 from w7ia - click to readi just purchased HTC One X here in India and the phone is awesome.

I just have one query, when i saw hardware information of my phone, it shows just quad core processor, no information about speed. I know its 1.5 GHz but just want to know what your phone says.

Go to Settings >> About >> Hardware Information >> Processor

• 2012-04-12 22:22
  • uw@q
Total of 6532 user reviews and opinions for HTC One X.