HTC One X - user opinions and reviews

HTC

does this phn come with beats headset.

• 2012-04-08 13:48
  • P5pP

it is really going to be rocking

• 2012-04-08 13:35
  • vwrZ

Sony Ericsson was doing lithium polymer batterys in T68 and Nokia for a decade so why people think apple is good because its Li-Po is not on..Everything seems to be compared to apple and that company is pants.

• 2012-04-08 13:32
  • nEKY

got One X in recent past after doing much reading on net....phone scored well on all parameters on a cursory look and feel....but faced a couple of issues...

first, battery didnt get charged as desired...took a long long long time to get charged....guess problem specific to the handset...

second and more important, phone became quite hot after 10-15min of use...if you use any apps...games/weather/tango, etc and that was very irritating...tried a replacement, brand new one, but still faced this problem...was told all Andriod phones have this issue, etc etc....not convinced.

one other point is that the earphones are not what is given with HTC Sensation XL, though beats audio is there....and that is a bit of disappointment. the earphones dont have volume control and channel change, which doesnt help as you need to activate the set itself and do changes between FM channels, tracks. etc

waiting for Samsung Galaxy SIII...hopefully will be better

• 2012-04-08 13:18
  • t}dW

sat nav is not free

• 2012-04-08 13:17
  • 3aF7

Can someone compare the one x with the galaxy s2/note? I'm looking for a smartie and was about to get the note. But looks like i've another choice too.. please help me make a decision.

• 2012-04-08 12:24
  • utk1

Guys,

Unless you have actually bought or have made extended use of this phone, pease do not make your comments based on suppositions and assumptions. I have used this phone for 3 days and the battery is comparable to any other smartphone and is, in fact, one of the few phones I have that lasts a day and a half. My Iphone 4s lasts 1 day, the Xperia S the same (1 day) with average use. Having got this, I sold my White GNex yesterday as this is superior in every respect. The main problem with the GNex was the memory 16gb which is also a major negative. This is the ONE in my humble opinion and whils it may not be to your liking, objectively, there is not a better phone out there at the moment. If the Xperia S was Quad core.......

• 2012-04-08 12:23
  • mX5k

This is a good fone. but there is some issues with browser.when pinch-to-zooming it wants to select text and it takes sometime to resize page. this browser is not as fast galaxy nexus or s2,but to work done.otherwise this phone is the king of android

• 2012-04-08 12:12
  • s8hN

> In reply to Samsung and Android @ 2012-04-08 11:36 from 4Q{t - click to readFYI This screen is far superior to any amoled

• 2012-04-08 11:45
  • na0$
  • Samsung and Android
  • Rating0

Same phone with amoled screen would be awesome !!!

• 2012-04-08 11:36
  • 4Q{t

when will u launch its review. waiting for it

• 2012-04-08 11:36
  • uWx$

Will the battery life be enough?
For four Core's!
Just a Standard Li-Po 1800 mAh battery.
You kidding me?

• 2012-04-08 11:35
  • PSMN

the indian variant of the mobile, quick software review

• 2012-04-08 11:33
  • PSd1

This is one awesome phone. HTC has gone back to basics with Sense and have done a fantastic job. It could be a Nexus, really, just now a juiced-up version of Galaxy Nexus.

• 2012-04-08 11:21
  • vuyn

So my battery opinion so far, I have only done one complete charge so far. I am now finishing my second battery cycle. Its a li-po battery same as the iPhone battery.

Its good. Not as good as 4S. No.
Better by a mile than the HTC Desire. Not bad considering quad core 180x720 screen.

I took phone off charger at 11AM precisely. It is now 6.33PM. I have 14% battery left. Why you may ask? So soon?

Well, I have done a little more than usual for my test. I have watched 2 movies (or at least let them run) One was 1:34:37, 640x336 res.

The other was 320x180 1:19:40. They looked upscaled on the phone though. Thats nearly 3 hours of movies.
I played Scabble for about an hour all up. I have 4 email addresses set to smart sync (busy in peak). And lastly, I have volume up half way, screen up halfway, and bluetooth, Auto sync, and WIFI on the whole time.

Some idle time ofcourse. And also some internet for about 30-45 mins, maybe more.

14% left. The iPhone 4S that I have, would last a little longer. Phone does get warm, but so does iphone uner stress. Oh yeah I also played that mario Kart copy, tiki kart. Screen looks amazing the more you look at it.

Its butter smooth, i am not getting any of these loading issues people are supposedly getting. No wierd hangs. Nothing but pretty good software actually. I do however still like the form factor of the iPhone (specifically, the size) I love the One X, feels like a quality build, like a Lumia 800/N9 (polycarbonate). very smooth UI, camera is a treat, quick.

remember, iPhone has 960x640 (614,400) with a 1430mah battery, the One X has 1280x720 (921,600 pixels)screen with a 1800mah battery. Using simple math that equates to exactly 50% more pixels on a screen that is 25% bigger. So battery was never going to be better I think.

I am liking being able to play nearly any type of videos on the HTC, something I am not used to coming from the Apple iPhone. The HTC sense looks so nice, and makes others look bland in my opinion. Make your own mind up about size. I cant say smaller is better, because someone else might love big screen for videos.

I do however still have to give the iPhone the crown for the smoothness of the apps. NBA.tv, speedtest.net app, and even twitter all look much nicer on the iPhone. They look good on the Android platform, but they dont have that edge the iOS apps have in terms of resolution, sharpness, options, layout etc. Ill make a youtube video for you guys to have a quick look at what Im talking about. nothing fancy, justa quick look.

• 2012-04-08 10:50
  • 2CF4

is this phone way better than samsung galaxy nexus?

• 2012-04-08 10:46
  • vp6J

So we've had the HTC One X and the Sony Xperia S for over 1 week now. For all those stuck in the decision to choose from one of the two we hope this will help.
Build - We will give this one the Xperia S due to the fact that when you hold this phone in your hand it feels as though you are holding an advanced piece of technology. Even though it is heavier and larger in width it felt very natural to hold. Not as easy to drop as the unibody design and thinness of the Htc one x.
Hardware - 4/5 cores is better than 2 simple as that, even though the technology in the Htc one x it is more advanced and faster overall we look forward to the 2nd generation quad cores that will optimize hyperthreading.
UI - Timescape vs Sense 4.0 - Sony takes this one away even though they are still running on 2.3.7. The sense 4.0 is very simple very bare, however it takes up alot more space, memory, and phone processes. Sony has done a very good job in optimizing all aspects of gingerbread and even provide us with hints and tips to the future ics.

Display - Ppi goes to Sony. However viewing angles are dominant by htc.When we hold both phones directly in our hands we have to pick the Sony due to its true colors and beautiful bravia engine.

Sound - beats vs Xloud - both are quite even here

Pick the Sony Xperia S, from what we see now he has the hardware and optimization to travel with the masses this year. Although it doesnt have 4 cores it is still not behind because we won't be needing anything more for the next 2 os platforms.
100 euros cheaper and one ICS comes it will blow you away compared to sense and other ics devices.

• 2012-04-08 09:36
  • UL}6

What a beautiful phone One X?

That’s why we say HTC is Quality Brilliant :)

• 2012-04-08 09:23
  • 0Cm$

Battery life of one x is really good u can get up to 1.5 day m using it . Htc using li-po battery which is long lasting.

• 2012-04-08 07:29
  • Xuc6

> In reply to Phone Mechanic @ 2012-04-08 05:14 from u14x - click to readGee, I've heard a lot of complaints from friends about premium HTC smartphones with failing batteries. If Samsung has such lousy phone units, why is it that their profit earning from selling smart phones is way better than HTC? Probably Quality AND Quantity.

• 2012-04-08 07:22
  • v0qJ
Total of 6352 user reviews and opinions for HTC One X.