HTC One X AT&T - user opinions and reviews

HTC

6.7
6.4
6.6

Hi all, thanks for this thread, i thought I would provide a response also. I had this error.
I bought my HTC One Mini from ebay (came from China), network unlocked, but had AT&T apps and OS. It would not allow me to access the hotspot function and tether over wifi. I tried various apps, etc. No luck.
Personally its a little annoying that a carrier can lock the complete functionality of a phone because they wont want unlimited data users to tether.
Its technology ppl. you can monitor and provide a limit, or something and after they hit that limit. Stop it if it is on your network.
if it isnt, not your issue

anyway.
HTC One Mini
OS: 4.2.2

Kept getting the error: to enable tethering on this device go to att.com/mywireless or call 611

Fix (which also resolved my original error) was from the following site

I followed the steps
downloaded M4_4.4.2_3.10.401.4_Odex.zip

The changes for me (because I tried various other things, i caused a software issue)
I unzipped the files
placed them on a USB
I have a micro USB to USB connetor for the phone

logged into clockwork mod recovery 6.0.3.6
restored from the USB

worked fine, removed the AT&T apps, wifi tethering is working.
It has only been a day, but looks fine and no battery issues

all credit goes to that page
best of luck, make a backup of your current OS just incase.

• 2014-09-24 10:22
  • YPde

> In reply to fayaz swati @ 2014-04-10 19:45 from uWT4 - click to readNot only processor but chipset also. X have Nvidia tegra 3 which is low power compare to XL Krait 1.5Ghz DC. X is better then XL, but X doesnt have 4G.

• 2014-07-09 15:02
  • MfAm

HTC One X have Nvidia Tegra 3 processor. while One XL have DC Krait. not only processor its about chipset also

• 2014-07-09 14:57
  • MfAm

4.1.1 jelly bean is enough for my one x at&t dual core
smooth excellent display best camera superb battery timing.. good sound [not best]accurate size
plz share ur experience of 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 jelly bean
and should i upgrade it or not even i m so happy with 4.1.1 and sense 4+
plz give reply if u want

• 2014-04-18 19:22
  • KIQU

> In reply to BHFanaticos @ 2014-03-15 06:44 from 9B7b - click to readWhy that happened to you? I did the update in Colombia and it was successful. My ph has been working with any issue.

• 2014-04-14 18:09
  • PcB}

> In reply to ibrahimazam11 @ 2014-03-09 12:24 from 6P$j - click to readThe only difference is processor.at&t has dual core and the simple has quad core....every thing is similar except processor.....

• 2014-04-10 19:45
  • uWT4

if you have bricked your phone during the manual update go to the shop and tell them to jtag the phone thats the simplest method of unbrick..

• 2014-03-17 07:28
  • sUvU

> In reply to amit @ 2014-03-08 09:15 from rA@9 - click to readBe careful updating manually outside of US - I did mine in Europe and I bricked it!!! 4.2.2 properly installed with HTC Sync manager, the phone turned off and I couldn't get it to turn back on. Took it to shop and they couldn't make it work either. Ended up selling the phone for the parts.

• 2014-03-15 06:44
  • 9B7b

what is the difference between htc one x at&t and the simple one x?? which one is better?

• 2014-03-09 12:24
  • 6P$j

> In reply to Vijay @ 2013-10-05 06:37 from vGEU - click to readManual system update instructions:
If you are outside of AT&T/Wi-Fi coverage, or the update is not found, you may perform a manual system update. This process requires that you download and install HTC Sync Manager first in order to get the proper drivers. If you do not have HTC Sync Manager installed already, you may download the software from http://www.htc.com/www/softwar...nc-manager/.
WARNING: Performing the system update manually will delete all information from the device. Ensure all information is backed up before proceeding. See the Help & How To section of this website for more information on backing up your device contents.
Performing the ROM Update:
1. Download and save the HTC One™ X for AT&T ROM update to your PC.
2. Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable.
3. If the device is not recognized by the PC, ensure you have HTC Sync Manager installed and then disconnect and reconnect the device from the USB cable.
4. Once the device is properly recognized on the PC, locate the HTC One™ X for AT&T ROM Update that you downloaded. Double-click on the file to launch the system update wizard.
5. Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
6. Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot.
7. Once the device reboots, the initial setup wizard will appear.
8. Once the initial setup process is complete, the device is ready for use.
Note: If the ROM update wizard fails to recognize the device, close the wizard and then follow the steps below:
· From a powered off state, hold VOLUME DOWN while powering on the device.
· Use the volume buttons to scroll to FASTBOOT and then press the POWER button to select it.
· Connect the device to the PC while in this state and attempt the ROM update again.
To exit FASTBOOT manually, use the volume keys to navigate to REBOOT and press the POWER button to select it.

• 2014-03-08 09:15
  • rA@9

htc one x at&t is possible to update 4.4.2

• 2014-02-23 06:46
  • XNc4

> In reply to Rahul gaud @ 2014-02-10 07:33 from tUw9 - click to readguys you can upgrade to 4.2.2 by simply download this update on the link

• 2014-02-23 04:37
  • PB5q

I updated 4.1 but i want to update my phone to 4.2 jb
When I check for update it not show any thing .
Plz. Sum one help me.
Plz.pzl......

• 2014-02-10 07:33
  • tUw9

> In reply to bizz @ 2013-11-30 08:49 from 7wkv - click to readhi dude, sense 5 not available for AT&T version.
sense 5 will release on Feb

• 2014-01-28 15:16
  • s%{F

hi, can you help me please? i have HTC One X dual core at&t version... my default camera is not opening.. i am using 4.0.4 ics.. when i do factory reset its works for sometime but again same problem.. even i flashed it but nothing happened! i installed camera software from google play and its working fine but default cam is not working.. do you have an idea? my phone is not rooted.. if i may update it to 4.2.2 JB the problem will resolve? waiting your reply.

• 2013-12-25 11:31
  • KIq5

> In reply to Felix Guillen @ 2013-11-12 20:10 from 8xwL - click to readhy , can you please tell me how to upgrade to sense 5,,

• 2013-11-30 08:49
  • 7wkv

my phone {htc one x}take the hold night to charge,why dose it take longer time to charge?

• 2013-11-29 17:36
  • fnTp

Any news about the update?

• 2013-11-27 23:12
  • JEu1

> In reply to raj @ 2013-07-12 20:43 from KS6b - click to readMy HTC One X at&t have a problem. The three capacitive touch buttons are not working, but when in the dark the LEDs are on. Please help me with a solution.

• 2013-11-24 15:17
  • N9@T

> In reply to Felix Guillen @ 2013-11-12 20:10 from 8xwL - click to readpls i need update on my htc one x at&t 4.3 with sense 5 pls guide me reply to my email seun2love2017@yahoo.com
thanx

• 2013-11-21 21:38
  • 3%2}
Total of 161 user reviews and opinions for HTC One X AT&T.