HTC Radar - user opinions and reviews

HTC

6.8
6.4
6.8

This was the best phone in the market in 2011, and still in 2015, I can't find a better substitute given its size, capabilities, apps integration and Microsoft Office, among others. Its Gorilla glass broke after thousands of falls when it hit a sharp rock. I will fix it since the only thing I found in the market was larger smartphones that do not have the features I need (e.g., LED flash and both front and back cameras). Of course, the specs that I need come in other brands and models at a heftier price. Why pay more?

• 2015-04-10 21:14
  • sekS

It's nothing super special however this phone is solid and does have things going for it.
First off it's one tough phone. I bought it used with a phone case and the phone fits in pocket nicely.
I recommend a phone case because the back of the phone is super slippery. I have dropped it numerous times, still surviving with no screen damage and everything working.
The camera is okay and I have on occasion taken some really good pictures, night or day, with it. The flash is super bright (so flashlight app is awesome).
For being so cheap the speakers are great along with the speaker phone.
Text and messaging with your social media platform is seamless. One screen for both, each labeled as to what they are.
One sign in screen for social media and email and everything falls into place. Uploading pictures to social media or email (your choice) is built right into the picture as soon as it's taken or even afterward.
This phone has the mango OS (7.5) but there are options available to update to 7.8 online with a little research which adds some features to the OS.
It will require Zune to be on you computer to transfer music/pictures directly. Battery life is good with a quick charge afterwards.
Overall for my first windows/HTC phone I am happy with it and am hesitant to go bigger.

• 2015-04-08 02:01
  • jIQF

A mobile Phone cant be any worse in the planet in terms of using it. Absolutely the Rubbish, Never in my life will I buy any window phones.

• 2015-03-28 12:51
  • myek

its the worst phone i have ever used. i was unable to download any thing on it. it keep up asking me an error code of 805ab406. more to that it does not send information on blue tooth

• 2015-03-21 15:43
  • ftSg

very wonderful phone

• 2015-03-19 19:24
  • NHH1

> In reply to eddy @ 2015-01-10 07:22 from r0Cn - click to readits a pretty nice phone,,,,,tho cant connect my bluetooth to others

• 2015-03-19 12:04
  • Mfx9

i cant seem to activate my market ,and i cant register windows live too ,,if i try with hotmail too it demands for codes ,,so i cant download any thing ,,please help me out

• 2015-03-02 18:37
  • NX0y

Can I update my phone to windows 8

• 2015-03-02 00:55
  • rv%e

> In reply to idk @ 2014-04-27 16:07 from fqFh - click to readhave a problem with my microphone

• 2015-02-28 20:53
  • Yik4

I can't connect my Bluetooth headset to the phone. Help please.

• 2015-01-10 07:22
  • r0Cn

Tom, try pressing the power on/off button and the volume down at the same time, eventually it will shut the HTC Radar off and wait at least one minute which it should reset it.

Once this has happened check also if you have alot of pictures or music saved on the 8Gb internal memory and remove some because it is a Windows v7.5 phone it needs also internal memory to startup with, this I found also out the hard way, try and keep 2Gb free, this is when it runs at it's best.... had my HTC Radar for over 2yrs now and this is the only issue I had.

• 2015-01-08 02:41
  • NUwF

can i use the htc radar as modem if yes tell me how please must reply me on usmanalam292@gmail.com

• 2015-01-05 08:19
  • TgA}

can't use my bluetooth

• 2014-12-29 18:50
  • Nw8H

> In reply to samuel @ 2014-11-23 17:36 from fuvG - click to readI cant swtich my phone on. It vibrates but cant switch it on.
Is a new phone. I just bought it.

• 2014-11-30 23:41
  • fmgj

I can't enjoy the radio
Am in Ghana west africa

• 2014-11-23 17:36
  • fuvG

> In reply to Rick @ 2013-12-28 07:15 from fmgc - click to read7.10 does not exist.. 7.8 is the best you can get. Upgrade to WP 8 is impossible.

• 2014-11-13 21:54
  • n%fY

> In reply to luck @ 2014-11-05 13:33 from XMIc - click to readIt was not able to connect with bluetooth of other cellphone instead you can connect with a bluetooth headsets only.

• 2014-11-07 01:43
  • wYI8

how to connect with Bluetooth

• 2014-11-05 13:33
  • XMIc

> In reply to nana @ 2014-10-21 18:02 from fsTy - click to readI had that issue where the screen goes off too. It appears there's a buggy proximity sensor which causes your screen switch off thinking you phone is near your face. I did find that pushing the glass near the top-side edges would sometimes correct it and bring the screen back.

• 2014-10-28 10:42
  • wfKe

the screen goes off that means that you should put your phone on your ears. if you keep it away from your face when you press call, it will not go off

• 2014-10-24 16:25
  • fqq1
Total of 529 user reviews and opinions for HTC Radar.