HTC Raider 4G - user opinions and reviews

HTC

6.6
6.6
6.5

I've had this phone since June 2012, and have nothing bad to say about it.

I've dropped it off buildings, fallen out of pocket while riding a bike, had a tree fall on it once while cutting some down for fire wood, and now dropped in a bath of water. This baby is still running. No case has ever been put on it, I love this phone so much. Sadly, the specs a bit out dated compared to newer phones. It's almost time to say goodbye :(

• 2014-08-24 05:34
  • YYRx

Recieved the HTC Raider after another phone I had ended up having battery issues. Not even 3 months having the phone it shut off for no reason and never turned back on no matter what I did. I sent it in to see what the problem was and was told there was water damage(the phone never came in contact with any water while I had since during that time I was working a lot and had to keep my phone either at home or in my bag) and it would cost me over a grand to fix it. Needless to say I don't plan on ever getting any kind of HTC phone again.

• 2014-06-16 02:11
  • 4dhK

It was fast when it was new..
Now it is super slow..
Battery lasts a little more than an hour.

• 2014-06-08 00:47
  • q}mZ

it's bcos your didnt install the img.boot so restart the process

• 2014-05-26 10:34
  • fqFX

> In reply to Jorgio @ 2014-05-03 18:12 from fmgJ - click to readyou need to restart the process and follow every step in the tutorial you used.

• 2014-05-26 10:31
  • fqFX

> In reply to Jorgio @ 2014-05-03 18:12 from fmgJ - click to readcontact me on fb

• 2014-05-21 08:36
  • j012

So i had my htc raider 4g about 3 months ago. I tried running cyanogen 4.4 last week without making a backup...unfortunately. I rebooted the phone afterwards and all i see is 'htc' in da white screen....it goes no further. I really need assistance with this.

• 2014-05-03 18:12

• 2014-05-03 17:11

• 2014-05-03 17:06
  • fmgJ

> In reply to kitkat @ 2014-01-30 08:39 from IWSW - click to readPlease how did you upgrade it to 4.4 help me please and reach me via sodikein4fun@yahoo.com

• 2014-04-21 13:21
  • N9@T

> In reply to Faye @ 2014-01-31 17:56 from kDiH - click to readits not

• 2014-03-25 04:00
  • Ix7f

Pls help me with the site to download HTC holiday original 4.0 is

• 2014-02-04 23:27
  • fuvx

Is this phone compatible with Windmobile network once unlocked?

• 2014-01-31 17:56
  • kDiH

Great Phone. Its still amazing at latest. It does support Android JB 4.4 Kitkat with a custom Rom from CayanogenMod, CM11. Thanks to it I'm playing 2014 latest android games with it. Absolutely great phone. I love it. Credits should goto software developers.

• 2014-01-30 08:39
  • IWSW

> In reply to Mike @ 2013-10-24 01:19 from 019b - click to readHi, I've had my HTC Raider for about 2 years now, and just recently installed the htc sync in order to get my usb tethering to work.
Before that I just hooked up my phone to the computer as a removable device and copied over the files that I wanted using windows explorer, as I would any other file on the computer.

• 2013-11-04 21:29
  • 81e5

> In reply to Teri @ 2013-10-08 20:44 from 016A - click to readYes, I find that my Raider makes other calls while i am speaking to someone or flips between applications while I am having a conversation with someone. Sometimes it calls 911. I have taken to holding the phone away from my ear so that my ear or the heat from my ears do not make the phone do funny things.
I do line the size of the phone though and the clarity of the screen. It takes great pictures, but the sound quality in the video could be improved as well as the overheating, and the quick consumption of battery power while mobile data or WiFi are on...

• 2013-11-04 21:24
  • 81e5

Hi, HTC raider is unable to run Skype. To back- up data you must download the HTC sync software from HTC to your computer or laptop. Then it's a fairly straight forward process. If you don't want to install "sync" you must hook up your pho.e by USB cable as removable device. Then using Windows explorer, open the folders you would like to copy. Just think of it as just another drive.... Hope this helps.
If you want to tether your phone to your laptop to use as internet access you do have to install HTC sync to the computer first.

• 2013-11-04 20:58
  • YdeD

> In reply to micpic @ 2013-09-29 16:27 from QtW7 - click to readthe backup sucks. HTC sync doesn't work.

• 2013-10-24 01:19
  • 019b

I've had the Raider for two years now, i've dropped it in the toilet as well as multiple times a day every day since the day ive gotten it. The phone works great still, it plays all the latest apps, and has a very accurate touch screen. I do expirience problems with calls every now and again but other than that its a really solid phone.

• 2013-10-13 00:17
  • 81vP

I have had this cell two years. Personally I don't, like it because when speaking on it , it hangs up. I have too keep because of the damn 3 year contract.

• 2013-10-08 20:44
  • 016A
Total of 198 user reviews and opinions for HTC Raider 4G.