HTC Raider 4G - user opinions and reviews

HTC

6.6
6.6
6.5

i buy htc raider4g...but this phone cant video call and...skype video call...in use 3g or 4g

• 2013-01-25 15:22
  • R%0@

When I was looking for a cellphone i was going to buy teh Samsung Galaxy S3 at the time. but the salesman convinced me that this one was better because it had a better LTE coverage. And boy have i regretted that decision for the following reasons:

1) I had to pay $50 bucks. Galaxy was free.

2) its buggy, It crashes all the time. A lof of times by itself. (i would just hear the phone rebooting from my pocket)

3) Wi-Fi is buggy. I have to restarte the application/phone sometimes just to continue browising the internet. and of course while i do that the Data-network kicks in downloading whatever it is i was trying to view. effectively defeating the purpose of usign wi-fi.

3) its typing is slow and cluncky. im no fan of the iphone but its not user friendly at all. sometimes if you click outside of the keyboard area it will kick you out of it and browse to the first message you have saved of whoever your writing to. leaving you with 1 of 2 choices. A) exit and go back to it as a draft, or B) scroll down your saved messages, all the way to the message you are writing. hopefully you set it up for ie: 50 messages because otherwise you will be scrolling through hundreds and hundreds of all messages... you get my point.

4) deleting apps is haard as f$%^. you have to go into applications then go to delete applications then you have to look for the application. sometimes this wont delete your application. confused? you can imagine my frustration.

5) cannot delete apps that come with the phone, ie: twitter. you have to hardwire it to the computer and delete from there. do you have time for that? neither do i.

6) battery doesnt last (very big and bright screen - could be a plus)

all in all annoying to navigate and operate. VERY buggy. save your money and go get yourself a Samsung Galaxy.

• 2013-01-24 20:31
  • 9x64

I have the raider, love it, recently I send a txt and receive, I get the same sound for send & receive, although settings are different, popped the battery, changed the sounds, etc, still won't correct this issue, so now I don't know when I'm receiving a txt because its the same sound for send & receive, any help would be great...I am with rogers, they suggested I do factory reset to solve this, I do not wish to reset, any help to further correct my issue would be great... jimp849@gmail.com

• 2012-12-09 16:05
  • Y2b7

> In reply to ReHtSeL @ 2012-12-01 17:58 from v0X9 - click to readI got this phone to with 1.5 ghz. but I can not find cdma? or there is no cdma in this version of Raider?! please reply me on hayot.rahimov@gmail.com

• 2012-12-03 05:28
  • m%T%

I'm Loving my HTC Raider 4G which i got from Korea! It has 1.5Ghz processor not 1.2Ghz and I've been using it since June as a replacement of my HTC Desire HD(still using it though) hahaha! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that HTC would update it to Jelly Rockin' Bean!! >.< -Bacolod- Philippines! >.

• 2012-12-01 17:58
  • v0X9

> In reply to Anon @ 2012-09-21 09:44 from q}EW - click to readNo it's actually true, 3 different people in my family use this model and we've all had the same problems with the Raider in particular. It reboots all of a sudden and hangs a lot.

• 2012-11-26 08:29
  • PUbb

My sons raider keeps rebooting...unusable. The geeks at Best Buy tried for an hour or more to make it work...any idea what went wrong and yes my son has a new phone and thanks to my wife for buying the extended warranty

• 2012-11-18 06:13
  • YYNv

> In reply to Rmaleeh @ 2012-09-15 16:53 from uCwy - click to readi also want to know about this question.

• 2012-09-28 16:36
  • PScY

You People Are A Circus. This is simply a good phone, once ICS came out, solved a lot of glitches, if you're experience was bad with this phone, you either got a defect or you don't know how to handle and operate a mobile device, and should go to your nearest hardware store and buy a helmet!

• 2012-09-21 09:44
  • q}EW

> In reply to al @ 2012-09-11 18:25 from 86t} - click to readThanks alot for your answer, Al. I want to purchase Vivid or Raider or Amaze 4g. Theres no 4G in the country i am located. Thanks for your reply. Do u know if the same settings are available on Vivid?

• 2012-09-19 19:53
  • 3b$e

In txt msgs i only have a capacity of 80 characters after that it converts the txt to MMS ? How to solve the issue ??? thanx !

• 2012-09-15 16:53
  • uCwy

I loved my HTC Raider, but it went through a system update and is no longer like the older version, and I hate it.. It crashes, it's slow and i have to him an app several times before it actually decides to bring me there, and now the batterie life SUCKS! like what is happening!

• 2012-09-13 04:29
  • jJ@L

> In reply to Hoption @ 2012-09-08 11:47 from 3b$e - click to readThere are options. Whether they can be used is another question.

On my Raider, with Bell in Canada when I go Settings > Mobile Network > Network mode I get the following options:

WCDMA Only
GSM Only
GSM / WCDMA Auto
GSM / WCDMA / LTE Auto (my selection)

I believe if you only have a 3G/HSPA+ based service LTE will obviously not be enabled. Bell supply special LTE sim cards for their service (not sure if this is standard on all networks) but i know if I travel outside LTE coverage it kicks down to 3G/HSPA+ so I'm assuming I could choose to go off the LTE auto setting and have it always run in 3G.

• 2012-09-11 18:25
  • 86t}

> In reply to sary @ 2012-04-24 17:47 from svHt - click to readHello Sary,+ everyone, Can the 4G LTE be turned off to save battery energy in HTC Raider or HTC Vivid??

• 2012-09-08 11:47
  • 3b$e

Hello, Can the LTE 4g be switched off especially at areas without 4G?

• 2012-09-08 11:31
  • 3b$e

everybody tell me that its a cdma+gsm phone or only gsm phone?

• 2012-08-29 15:31
  • U3xT

Its an excellent phone... A master piece from HTC... The LTE is super fast, faster than my wifi... i bought a case with kick stand and i'm loving watching HD movies on it ... hands free... streaming live TV and video... Better than the Samsung Galaxy 2 and the LTE versions...

• 2012-08-16 18:20
  • q{fS

does this phone have wifi direct?

• 2012-08-16 06:51
  • LxIa

> In reply to TMCH @ 2012-07-20 02:19 from q}Mp - click to readSending multiple texts is a carrier issue not a phone issue. I have a raider on bell and it works like a beauty. I've always been a fan of Samsung, but this phone is a great device.

• 2012-08-07 02:04
  • 86t%

i just got my htc raider yesterday and tday some txt msg's i sent will triple the same txxt ...and same wit receiving and when i send a txxt to fb it send the same txxt 5x...whats up wit that...does this mean my htc is already messed up when i only got it yesterday? HELP!!!!!

• 2012-07-20 02:19
  • q}Mp
Total of 197 user reviews and opinions for HTC Raider 4G.