HTC Sensation - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.8
7.6
7.6

previously im a user of wildfire...then i have switched to desire hd...i can say i like htc so much...and now im using this sensation for a month...from my personal experience:

good:
1. sense UI 3.0 is really really awesome.
2. unibody n design feel pretty solid n nice
3. screen is nice (but difficult to see under sunlight)
4. SKYPE video call DO WORKS!
5. GPS locking really fast

bad:
1. battery
2. deathgrip somehow do exist for wifi
3. loudspeaker not really loud enough
4. sometimes do overheat till 42*C while charging (dunno whether will effect the phone for long run)

- so far my touch screen doesn't seems to have issue..n i havent applied screen protector on it, still no scratch!! anyway,not sure whether gorilla glass or not...
- network signal is dependent to service provider, thou previously my signal is weak (constantly up n down) but since is switched to other operator the signal is just nice...
- recommend to use phone casing with the small tiny hole (as like the back cover) rather than fully covered casing cos this effect the signal too...
- installed n running 'task killer' do drain my battery faster...(been experienced with my desire hd before)uninstalled...battery behave normal back...
- i don't see a lil hiccup (some says its lagging) is such a big problem to me....
- fastboot; i disabled it when i off my phone before sleep since the background app is still running after boot (which will still drain the battery)...anyway fastboot it is a very good idea in some occasion when u temporarily need to off your phone...

i like the sensation but i still miss my desire hd...greetings from malaysia.

• 2011-08-11 18:25
  • ibqJ

> In reply to ads @ 2011-08-11 11:45 from t7Xi - click to readIf I were you I would go for GALAXY SII. Believe me, one of my friends owns XPERIA ARC and the other SENSATION. It's a good S-LCD display on XPERIA ARC, even in the sunlight, pretty much the same as S-LCD from HTC SENSATION, but neither of them cannot match the super amoled display on my GALAXY SII. I always see everything, of course with diplay brightness at least 80%. So you will have to rev up the brightness to see the details. Probably this would make your battery last only for a day or less. Again, GALAXY SII has the best battery of those three. Hope I helped.

• 2011-08-11 14:41
  • 3pwI

> In reply to vishwa @ 2011-08-10 21:16 from vGV4 - click to readjust sensation.I promise u that is a best phone.I have too.....

• 2011-08-11 14:02
  • HIqx

> In reply to raj @ 2011-08-10 11:09 from s8Hb - click to readFinally i read someones comment about screen performance of this phone in direct sunlight. This is one of my primary consideration in choosing a phone because my job requires me to be out in the office. I need a smartphone that is legible outside. So this sensation is no longer in my list. What about the Arc and Galaxy S2 whats your experiences on these two handsets when viewing outside in direct sunlight

• 2011-08-11 11:45
  • t7Xi

> In reply to RAHUL @ 2011-08-11 09:53 from vIyd - click to readHi Rahul,

This phone is the best. Its much better than Samsung S2. Smooth, and fast responsive touch. Stylish aluminium case (Safer than a thin plastic galaxy s2 case). I have been using HTC sensation for over a month and its a great phone. Go for it.

• 2011-08-11 11:08
  • 9Cre

pls some genuine user advice me about the sensation, i am very confused about this phone.

• 2011-08-11 09:53
  • vIyd

> In reply to tanvir @ 2011-08-10 19:38 from Pxxd - click to readbest phone go and buy this phone...

• 2011-08-11 09:30
  • uv9h

> In reply to vishwa @ 2011-08-10 21:16 from vGV4 - click to readwell it depends which defect you want.. SGSII had the pink spot and yellow tint on some of its devices, though the latest update should remove those annoyance, and it's not that visible anyway.. or the Sensation with its deathgrip and malfunctioning touchscreen issue.. the choice is yours mate..
performance is quite the same while builds are personal taste (lightweight plastic or heavier aluminum)..

• 2011-08-11 05:01
  • wr4d

Is this posible in this mobile skype to skype video call....?

• 2011-08-11 04:48
  • n%gC

HTC Sensation is really an incredible phone. As per experience, the response is good and satisfies a techy user.

• 2011-08-11 01:43
  • P@d{

> In reply to raj @ 2011-08-10 11:09 from s8Hb - click to readAnd you are Samsung or Apple fan boy.Cmon STOP laying.HTC Sensation is truly SUPERPHONE.

• 2011-08-10 21:44
  • 05Z7

which one is better this one or galaxy s2 ?? im really confused..i love sense but like the specs of galaxy s2..

• 2011-08-10 21:16
  • vGV4

> In reply to Ghost @ 2011-08-10 11:33 from SYKD - click to readGo for Galaxy S II. That's the best phone till now.

• 2011-08-10 20:30
  • sSx6

from iphone4 to htc desire user and now the htc sensation all i can say is that htc sensation dsnt have much sensitivity as a touch screen phone ant the quality is not that good..i rly regret of my htc sensation. i still love the performance of htc desire!!

• 2011-08-10 19:45
  • t7F@

hello everyone.. Please give me suggestion whether i should buy htc sensation or not.. I am very much interested in buying this phone though...

• 2011-08-10 19:38
  • Pxxd

crap... fast for the first 2 weeks then the touch buttons stopped now the screen keeps clicking on the wrong things in the app drawer if u want a fast phone i would suggest htc incredible s or samsung galaxy s 2...

• 2011-08-10 19:30
  • H5xq

Its been 20 days that i have got the sensation, iv been to the service station 3 times.
1st time- phone needs to resetted & then there will be no issues.
2nd time- sir we will diagnos the issue & resolve it(i did not have my phone for 3 days).
3rd time- that is today, my phone went dead, complete dead. when i took it to the service centre they said it might take upto a weeks time to get things sought it.
Issues that i m facing:
1)Heats up.
2)Restarts
3)Freeze(have to remove battery)
4)Sound is pathetic(both loudspeaker & headphones).
5)Apllications disappear.
6)Takes 3 hours to charge completely.(wtf)
7)Battery back up max 7 hours... even after min usage.

Hence i would suggest people not to go for this phone, sorry for my prvs posts... instead go for LG optimus 3D.

• 2011-08-10 17:21
  • vGFW

My friends.. I got so lost actually with all the differences of opinions about this phone.. Some are saying it is great.. and some are surprisingly critisizing the phone that it has so many problems and they dont advise to buy the phone.
What about incredible S?
Could please someone give me a real opinion about both

• 2011-08-10 11:33
  • SYKD

I am using this phone from one month,I have to say that it is the buggiest set HTC had made,sense3 hangs a lot,phone is very slow,loudspeaker voice is horrable,screen is unreadable in the sun,colours are washed off,there is network problem,screen quality is worst as compared to other competitor ,it hangs a lot,front camera is for mirror use only,don't buy this phone,it is totally waste of money

• 2011-08-10 11:09
  • s8Hb

Well initially I have been using the phone for 3 months now and still I have no issues. Maybe the problem with the touch screen with you guys is that you may be applying to much pressure on the screen. Just try to apply light pressure whenever you are typing, don't treat it as a resistive touch screen where you have to press harder to get a response. The Sensation has a capacitive touch screen and it is very sensitive to pressure and is very fragile.

• 2011-08-10 05:39
  • Qu8c
Total of 2963 user reviews and opinions for HTC Sensation.