This goes out to all the complaners that a fussing about the HTC hardware without thinking about how the OS works
1. the phone dose have a memory card, it just not user changable just like the HD7, but you can change it your self if you don’t mind voiding your warranty.
2. The Windows Phone OS dose not use a SD cand as exturnal storage as a Andorid or Windows Mobile phone dose. Any SD card but into the phone has to be formated in a RAID 0 format with the internal memery wich dose 2 things. It inproves read/write speend of data & it increases the size of the internal memory that the OS sees. Go read up about what a RAID 0 is before you say stupid things like why there is no SD card slot or i want to be able to swap cards out.
3. 4.7” is not too big. Every time i new size comes out there are those that jump to cry and say its to big. If all you wanted to do is make calls you would not need a smartphone. a basic cell phone cold make call. You buy a smart phone because you want to do more than just call people. And having a bigger screen will make things easy on your eyes to see. after all it dose have office, twitter, Zune, Xbox live and facebook intergration. All of which require the use of your eyes not just your hands. How many of you complainers think you TV is to big to look at? How many of your will or want to go and buy a 10” tablet to carry arould but complainging about the size of the titen. And if you think its going to look bigger than your small head. Use a ear bud or bluetooth. the phone is capable of connecting to those things once you are capable of useing them.
4. A good HD TV is 1080P = 1080 vetical lines of video
To make my point i will use a 46” as my example
1080 divided by 46 = 23.47 vertical lines of video per every 1 diagonal inch of screen.
The screen on the Titan is 4.7” with a res of 480p
480 divided by 4.7 = 102.13 vertical lines of video per every 1 diagonal inch of screen on the phone.
Now do that math.... you complainers think 102.13 of video will look bad in 1” then you must think 23.47 lines per inch look like crap on a 46” HD TV.
5 . 512mb of memory is not too small... the memory is not bing used as storage, its being used in calculations. Let me put things into perspective.... A PS3 has 256mb of system memory and 256mb of video memory
A Xbox 360 has 512mb of system/video memory.
Do you think your phone is going to do more calculationgs per second than any of those 2?
6. to the complainers that say 16gb of storage is not enuff for there videos and music. I say........
Why are you buying a phone with the skydrive & Zune service if you dont plan to use it.
7. to the persion that said the HD7 is better than the Titan i have to ask you
Dose the HD7 have a have a 8mp camera?
Dose the HD7 have a front faceing camera for skype?
Dose the HD7 have a 1.5GHz CPU
Dose the HD7 come with a 1600mAh battery and 11hours talk time?
Specs r cool,1.5GHz Processor wil do more n makes it speedy.
whats dat black strip at the right side on every WP7 phone?
Anonymous, 02 Sep 2011What's the bet you've never used a Windows Phone before... Or that you haven't used Mango. You... moreAbsolutely spot on, having used/tried several droids in last 8-10 months (also I still have my dreaded SGS, as its a total loss so rather then throwing it away I have been tweaking it to at least keep it useable) almost every one of them lags at one point in time, for no apparent reason or no significant work load. I believe that android is popular simply because a) OEMs get it for free (but I am sure once Big G start favoring its favorite pet i.e. Motorola things will start to change) b) its interface is a pretty close copy of iOS.
display resolution should be more, ram should be 1gb, strange no sd card slot...
amoraila, 02 Sep 2011Seem to be a great phone, the only think I do not like to me is the OS, having Windows is like... moreWhat's the bet you've never used a Windows Phone before... Or that you haven't used Mango. You obviously don't know what you're talking about referring to the OS as a 'virus'. Go back to your laggy Android or outdated iOS.
Anonymous, 02 Sep 2011u hit the nail on the head on that one Seem to be a great phone, the only think I do not like to me is the OS, having Windows is like a have a pocket with Virus..
Windows phone 7 is back in business. With HTC this is the best phone on the market when it comes out.
I see this phone does not have Java. Is it lack of any functions so far?
Very predictable Android comments here. Not only boring, but it shows the Android OS or users lack something.
madTuRk, 27 Aug 2011HTC makes the same mistake over and over, if people would actually start buying from the compe... more512mb RAM not enough?? you mean not enough for ANdroid OS, I guess you have never used a WP7 device before.
Why didn't you go for the full 5" screen? It's a bigger headliner than 4.7" and it's what the public is waiting for.
480 X 800 Pixel? Why not go higher HTC? Your competition is.
NO MICRO SD SLOT OR JAVA? You guys really know how to BS your customers.
Always on the look-out....
wow can't wait to get this phone, won't be to big if it not with the case. don't know y alot of people put the the case on their phone then they say it to big..
Christian, 02 Sep 2011Where are the smaller screen WP7? I want 3,5 inch maximum. Sony Ericsson Ray has perfect... moreThanks goodness it has Android. You must believe that Android is the future, and NOT other...
Holly crap 70mm wide and 131mm height, Thats too big man, i thought my galaxy s2 was big,