HTC Titan - user opinions and reviews

HTC

6.9
6.8
7.0

Monster phone!! This is the best WP 7 device!

• 2011-09-01 21:16
  • La5Q

This HTC Titan with a 4.7inch S-LCD screen is going to be a ripper of a mobile phone.
However!!
HTC, true to form appear to be sticking with a pidderling 1600mah battery to power the giant 4.7inch screen??
One can only hope this phone comes bundled with a spare battery or two.
Otherwise you're gunna have problems.

• 2011-09-01 21:09
  • 2GN1

> In reply to Angelos @ 2011-07-31 18:58 from 3dtU - click to readsamsung would be coming with windows phone having S2 specs..... i too waiting for it.

• 2011-09-01 20:59
  • vGwx

> In reply to madTuRk @ 2011-08-27 16:52 from 2GTH - click to readsuper amoled display technology is invented by Samsung.

• 2011-08-28 09:03
  • vGeF

> In reply to madTuRk @ 2011-08-27 16:52 from 2GTH - click to readsuper amoled display technology is made n invented by Samsung and not LG

• 2011-08-28 09:00
  • vI9s

HTC makes the same mistake over and over, if people would actually start buying from the competition instead of HTC, they might be forced to address the following problems in their current handsets, 1) 512 MB ram not enough these days, 2) Screen resolution too low for a 4.7, the competition is already moving to qHD, 3) instead of the SC-LCD move to LG`s Super Amoled plus beating new display technology !! ( One personal wish would be NFC implementation) with these 3 changes HTC would make a market conquering killa device.

• 2011-08-27 16:52
  • 2GTH

Being over 6 foot, I've been waiting for large phones! If only this had android and a higher res screen...

• 2011-08-24 21:57
  • vkUB

This phone looks really nice. 4.7'' with 1.5 GHz! But it should have a higher resolution for that screen size. Hope it gets officially announced soon :)

• 2011-08-17 19:00
  • m@Tt

HTC Eternity could be an IPhone and Galaxy SII killer but misses:
a) Internal memory capacity should be at least 64G
b) SD card...!
c) Battery is rather low for the huge 4.7 screen (which of course I love)
d) Full HD video
Pros: WP7, huge screen but why WP7 don't have a phone that could exceed the specs of Galaxy SII?

• 2011-08-14 16:28
  • 3dtU

Still no SD availability? I have Samsung Galaxy SII and looking for a windows phone that will exceed in all specs Galaxy SII. May be I will have to wait for the Nokia answer...
Galaxy SII is fine but Kies really sucks!

• 2011-07-31 18:58
  • 3dtU

I love this phone! 4.7" sounds perfect. Imagine how the Zune UI is going to look on this baby: album arts, artists' pictures, and more!

The only drawback is it not having an expansion memory slot. I don't know why Windows Phone devices can't seem to keep up with expansion memory slots with other Android devices.

I will like to see a nice kickstand, too! I'm going to wait for this baby when it comes out, but would love for HTC to really consider providing a kickstand and at least 32Gb expansion memory slot.

The Samsung Galaxy S2 is a nice competitor, but I want a good solid mobile OS and not have to worry about the tons of Android versions and updates.

WP7 Mango release will turn a lot of eyes towards its more than 500 upgrades. A major plus is having DNLA and other features too many to mention.

Mango release is a major, serious, update and those who waited will be very impress.

Another reason why I'm going to get this device is because I like HTC Hub. Getting instantaneous emails from my Live accounts, Facebook message, a powerful calendar that interfaces with MS Outlook, and using MS Office product are just a few of the benefits I'm looking forward to upgrading. I think this phone is a phone that anyone will be very happy for several years to come and it won't be obsolete in less than a year.

Another recommendation for HTC is to provide 1080p output via HDMI. I guess there will be some sort of USB/HDMI interface?

But in all, it's a good start and great beginning that WP7 will finally get some high-end phones.

• 2011-07-25 05:24
  • jZ3$

> In reply to nickname @ 2011-07-12 19:00 from n9hK - click to readbelieve me, it wouldn't... :)

• 2011-07-21 13:14
  • Sijq

I like the screen size.

I find any screen under 4 inches hard to use, particularly if it's a touch screen.

It's interesting how it's such a fast single-core processor. Perhaps HTC know something about how WP7 handles processors that we don't.. (eg. maybe it's not well optimised for dual-core)

• 2011-07-13 00:44
  • Fv4$

Lovely!Its My Next Love!

• 2011-07-12 21:16
  • dQxI

i think it would be better if it was an adroid phone.

• 2011-07-12 19:00
  • n9hK

My Next phone is right here...

• 2011-07-12 13:13
  • trHm

The screen is far too big and the RAM is terribly small. I see flaws everywhere. And I really wonder whether the camera snaps will be any good. More MP doesn't mean better pictures. My sister owns the HTC Desire with a 5MP camera and the pictures look pretty bad. They need better sensors but I'm speaking from experience over a phone that is a year old. I haven't used any 'recent' HTC devices so I'm not sure whether they've bothered to improve it.

I'm liking WP7 Mango (but there are still some things that need to be addressed/included). In the beginning I thought it was terrible but now it looks decent. I know that a lot of reviewers are saying that WP7 will never surpass iOS or Android but I've grown fond of the WP7 UI.

I hope HTC can make a top WP7 device because I want to use Mango and I like how they are sturdy. I know their designs aren't as 'special' as Nokia's Sea Ray but they look relatively professional and smart (even though I'm far from getting a job!). Come on HTC, bring us something better!

• 2011-07-10 20:24
  • 2GaM

os=wp7 mango :((((( i wonna android :((((
i wonna buy htc sensation i can't wait for next android phone :((((( but htc elementary have better cpu and screen :((((((

• 2011-07-09 12:56
  • gC4Q

Would have like this if the screen was 4.3 its really a drawback cuz no sense of having that much big screen in a smart phone. But still I can add this to my consider list :)

• 2011-07-09 08:48
  • teXA

Huge screen :O Too big for my taste tbh....

• 2011-07-07 10:41
  • nnQK
Total of 400 user reviews and opinions for HTC Titan.