HTC Titan - user opinions and reviews

HTC

6.9
6.8
7.0

This phone looks really nice. 4.7'' with 1.5 GHz! But it should have a higher resolution for that screen size. Hope it gets officially announced soon :)

• 2011-08-17 19:00
  • m@Tt

HTC Eternity could be an IPhone and Galaxy SII killer but misses:
a) Internal memory capacity should be at least 64G
b) SD card...!
c) Battery is rather low for the huge 4.7 screen (which of course I love)
d) Full HD video
Pros: WP7, huge screen but why WP7 don't have a phone that could exceed the specs of Galaxy SII?

• 2011-08-14 16:28
  • 3dtU

Still no SD availability? I have Samsung Galaxy SII and looking for a windows phone that will exceed in all specs Galaxy SII. May be I will have to wait for the Nokia answer...
Galaxy SII is fine but Kies really sucks!

• 2011-07-31 18:58
  • 3dtU

I love this phone! 4.7" sounds perfect. Imagine how the Zune UI is going to look on this baby: album arts, artists' pictures, and more!

The only drawback is it not having an expansion memory slot. I don't know why Windows Phone devices can't seem to keep up with expansion memory slots with other Android devices.

I will like to see a nice kickstand, too! I'm going to wait for this baby when it comes out, but would love for HTC to really consider providing a kickstand and at least 32Gb expansion memory slot.

The Samsung Galaxy S2 is a nice competitor, but I want a good solid mobile OS and not have to worry about the tons of Android versions and updates.

WP7 Mango release will turn a lot of eyes towards its more than 500 upgrades. A major plus is having DNLA and other features too many to mention.

Mango release is a major, serious, update and those who waited will be very impress.

Another reason why I'm going to get this device is because I like HTC Hub. Getting instantaneous emails from my Live accounts, Facebook message, a powerful calendar that interfaces with MS Outlook, and using MS Office product are just a few of the benefits I'm looking forward to upgrading. I think this phone is a phone that anyone will be very happy for several years to come and it won't be obsolete in less than a year.

Another recommendation for HTC is to provide 1080p output via HDMI. I guess there will be some sort of USB/HDMI interface?

But in all, it's a good start and great beginning that WP7 will finally get some high-end phones.

• 2011-07-25 05:24
  • jZ3$

> In reply to nickname @ 2011-07-12 19:00 from n9hK - click to readbelieve me, it wouldn't... :)

• 2011-07-21 13:14
  • Sijq

I like the screen size.

I find any screen under 4 inches hard to use, particularly if it's a touch screen.

It's interesting how it's such a fast single-core processor. Perhaps HTC know something about how WP7 handles processors that we don't.. (eg. maybe it's not well optimised for dual-core)

• 2011-07-13 00:44
  • Fv4$

Lovely!Its My Next Love!

• 2011-07-12 21:16
  • dQxI

i think it would be better if it was an adroid phone.

• 2011-07-12 19:00
  • n9hK

My Next phone is right here...

• 2011-07-12 13:13
  • trHm

The screen is far too big and the RAM is terribly small. I see flaws everywhere. And I really wonder whether the camera snaps will be any good. More MP doesn't mean better pictures. My sister owns the HTC Desire with a 5MP camera and the pictures look pretty bad. They need better sensors but I'm speaking from experience over a phone that is a year old. I haven't used any 'recent' HTC devices so I'm not sure whether they've bothered to improve it.

I'm liking WP7 Mango (but there are still some things that need to be addressed/included). In the beginning I thought it was terrible but now it looks decent. I know that a lot of reviewers are saying that WP7 will never surpass iOS or Android but I've grown fond of the WP7 UI.

I hope HTC can make a top WP7 device because I want to use Mango and I like how they are sturdy. I know their designs aren't as 'special' as Nokia's Sea Ray but they look relatively professional and smart (even though I'm far from getting a job!). Come on HTC, bring us something better!

• 2011-07-10 20:24
  • 2GaM

os=wp7 mango :((((( i wonna android :((((
i wonna buy htc sensation i can't wait for next android phone :((((( but htc elementary have better cpu and screen :((((((

• 2011-07-09 12:56
  • gC4Q

Would have like this if the screen was 4.3 its really a drawback cuz no sense of having that much big screen in a smart phone. But still I can add this to my consider list :)

• 2011-07-09 08:48
  • teXA

Huge screen :O Too big for my taste tbh....

• 2011-07-07 10:41
  • nnQK

130.6 x 70.6 that is so big for hand use :(

• 2011-07-06 21:36
  • piHx

> In reply to 999 @ 2011-07-01 21:07 from pVqM - click to readYa , my hd7 has a big enough screen:)

• 2011-07-06 21:34
  • 44F4

> In reply to Mobilemaster @ 2011-07-01 18:11 from La5U - click to readi have the hd7 and i only use the 16gb for music and contacts. when you buy a phone you arent buying a camera:) just sayin. I love my hd7

• 2011-07-06 21:31
  • 44F4

> In reply to donzebe @ 2011-07-05 12:22 from kQQf - click to readI have the hd7 and i love it. The eternity is a bit bi in my opinion and they both will have the same specs after the mango update:)

• 2011-07-06 21:30
  • 44F4

The htc hd7 is a bit smaller and has the exact same specs and os(when mango update comes out) I own the hd7 and i love it. So i think the hd7 is better

• 2011-07-06 21:28
  • 44F4

I have the HD7 and it is the perfect size. Not too big nor too small. I think the Eternity will be too big, the hd7 is 4.3 inches and the eternity has a 4.7 inch screen. And they both have the same specs besides the Mango os, but the hd7 will also have mango when the update comes out. So i would get the hd7 just because it is the exact same, looks better(in my opinion) and a bit smaller

• 2011-07-06 21:27
  • 44F4

with added card slot i wish"..this phone is a beast!!you dont need a laptop or a netbook anymore.

• 2011-07-06 20:06
  • nx2c
Total of 393 user reviews and opinions for HTC Titan.