Does it stand a chance against the nVidia Tegra 650?
Quick specs: 800MHz processor, 1080p, 12MP camera
Well, just the feeling that phones like this, which is huge are not suitable for small build person. I would general say, not for asians. Sry, I am from east asia myself, and I had my hands on iphone recently. I never realized, 145g is so heavy!!! And the SIZE, with my palm, I can hardly type using just one hand. Maybe I am too used to my smaller phone, I don't see myself willing to type using both hands all the time.
Initially, I was excited and looking forward to iphone or Touch HD. But now I don't know anymore. Anyway, I will wait for HD to come.
I am putting iphone 3G together with HD since they have similiar size and weight. Not much difference.
HTC Touch HD - Not for the US
1) Does it have glass screen like iphone or rather plastic like omnia?
2) How big is SAR volume?
Yes, it is confirmed that there is a stylus, a magnetized one at that! Located at the bottom right corner of phone.
It should have navigation buttons! Lack of navigation buttons means cutting the arms in Windows Mobile.
Fast and user friendly UI, and GAMES needs navigation buttons.
- Quadband GSM & HSDPA
- 3.8" TFT 65k 800x480 pixel
- Accelerometer sensor
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
- TouchFL0 3D UI
- Qualcomm MSM7201a 528MHz
- 288MB RAM, 512MB ROM
- 5 megapixel autofocus camera
- Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR
- GPS, A-GPS
- MicroSDHC up to 32GB
- FM Radio with RDS
- 3.5mm audio jack
New version of Touch HD leaked, supports WiMax, more info here:
This is a realy good phone, I just fell in love with it. I think I have to change my future phone from X1 to touch HD. with the 3.8" screen who will need the qwerty keyboard?
but still I still feel sad beacuse it doesn't have a flash or mirror for the camera. well it is true if I do want a good picture I should just grab my digital camra, but I do like to take a picture when my kids sleep I like to see their funny sleeping pose, sometimes it is okay if I just use the night mode but sometimes I do need the flash light so it realy help me to get the picture I want as soon as posible. (well then again, it is just for my need)
another good point for HD is it HAS A RADIO WOOOHOOO so far I just leave all those great pda and still holding to my K750i beacuse they don't have radio. it is usefull because the information from the radio is real time information.
well that's all from me.
Anonymous, 10 Oct 2008Does the Touch has a stylus as the Diamond ?Still no video info, what the hell is the fps on this thing, If its 30 fps it will turn me to getting one but if its not which i doubt it is as they are not showing off the spec then its LG RENOIR for me.
Anonymous, 10 Oct 2008Does the Touch has a stylus as the Diamond ?It has letter recognition, so it should have stylus,and winmobiledevices without stylus are very rare
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970Something alse about pixon. I did read some more reviews and I found out that bettery is really small 1000M... so the battery life is not realy good, considering a 8mp camera. no wi-fi is a downer as well. And Storm- not as bad as I originaly thought. But still it looks like a thiker, smaller screen, less camera resolution version of HD, the only adventages I know about, are a flash and a differant OS...
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970I have read more than 20 articles about this phone, as well as read the last 20 pages off people comments on gsm arena. So what I have to say is:
1. The most common and some times ridiculous complain is about not having a flash. I agree it is a disadvantage, but not a major one. Note: stop writing that it is not as good as iPhone because it doesn't have a flash... The sing is iPhone DOESN'T HAVE ONE as well!!!!
2. Many people are concerned about the slide out QWERTY keyboard. Well all I can say is that it would be hard to fit in something like this with a slide out keyboard in a device that is only 12mm deep.
3. There also is a problem of 65k display, actually this phone has a display of 260k but wm is limiting its ability.
4. Battery life could be really low, but if its anywhere near to what HTC claims it is than its not bad at all.
5. The biggest problem I see is the UI being not responsive to fingers on the level iphone is.
1. The main advantage for almost any costumer is the 3.8" wide screen with a resolution of
2. It has writing recondition which is good.
3. WM is an opened, power house, with a extreme amount of 3rd party apps.
4. 5 mp camera with auto-focus is good even with out a flash.
5. SD memory slot. I like sd memory slots more that build in memory. For reasons like, sharing with friends, or putting it in different devices, or the option of changing cards.
My point is that the product is just a good, as it is better than its substitutes.
1. Just to make it clear... XPERIA IS MADE BY HTC!!!!! And if you apply some common sense you will understand that if xperia would be better thane Touch HD, than they just would not release touch hd... cause they would just lose money... So X1 is not a competitor. Samsung omnia would not be a competitor due to the 3.2"screen and not having a 3.5mm jack... and its price is even higher than of HTC HD. Samsung PIXON on the other hand is a good competitor, it has a 8"camera and that would bring those of us that care about pixels, but it doesn't even have an OS... and still lacks a 3.5 jack... Nokia Tube is a good competitor, but it is loosing in spec. the screen is smaller, camera is not as good, but it has its advantages like a pretty innovative UI and is very cheap. But if money is not a too big issue than Tube is not your choice, I would describe it as economic class phone. G1 a great UI but still a prototype, I think we will have to wait 1-2 years until it joins the big game. And of course the iPhone 3G. First of all we are looking at a phone with a- at best 2006 style camera, twice less resolution of the screen that most of the competitors, lack of basic functions like mms, paste and copy, with a biggest problem of being a closed OS not being able to use 3rd party apps, not even being able to send via Bluetooth, but a really responsive and nice UI.
XPERIA X1 a clearly weaker product of HTC.
Samsung PIXON a camera phone with not much more to say.
G1 a prototype with promising future.
Nokia a interesting economy class phone, nothing more.
iPhone a outdated but overrated device, with a smoother UI but weak futures.
HTC Touch HD a power house, not being less than averege in any aspect. And being best in a few of them.
XPERIA- DO NOT, expensive, HTCs weaker product.
SAMSUNG PIXON- if you are a phone camera person with a lot of money to frow away, its your choice.
G1- get it if you want to know what phones can be like in future, but not if you want a really good phone, its also a good choice for people with money isues.
Nokia- if you want to be on a safe side, if you want it cheap than its nokia.
iPhone- if you just want to be cool and trandy and not give a *** wheather its good or not, than this is your phone.
HTC Touch HD- if you are a pro who knows what he wants or if you are someone who is after a nice device to have fun, watching movies and other multymedia functions. This is a phone for you. But it will cost you quite a lot.
Note: BlackBarry Storm has been oficialy announced. I personoly see its futures as really outdated and pour, nothing to say about the UI yet. But I am not impresed by it.
P.S. Just a little something for you about HD http://www.theunwired.net/?ite...e-smartphone
P.S.S. Sorry for my English.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970What are you on about, for the last 10 years Nokia phones were the most relaible, with extremely long battery life. Its just theyr new smartphones that die really fast...
WOW, If u compare this phone to Nokia 5800Xpress. This phone rules. Excellent features and pretty good battery life.
That's Right! Symbian OS is easier to use.My brother(5 year old)can handle My N95 perfectly.I belive if give him WM based phone,he will tell me "Sister do you wanna try to draining my brain cel?".
NOKIA is the best phone maker because they were creating phones for all kind of person,specialy for dumb,primitif and uneducated people.