HTC Velocity 4G - user opinions and reviews

HTC

6.2
6.3
6.4

i can buy this phone for 290euro from friend,to buy or not? ( no scratches,perfect,and screen protector )

• 2012-07-26 15:17
  • snQA

> In reply to Aman @ 2012-07-21 12:52 from 2@40 - click to readAfter upgrading to ICS my memory also says 3.81GB. When I first had Gingerbread it stated 13+GB.
If you connect it to your PC as a hard disk it shows 8.8GB. Clearly this is a software issue.
In addition get your IMEI number from seetings, and confirm that your handset is HTC original. I hope this helps.

• 2012-07-26 11:47
  • DGCb

i just have bought Velocity 4G from hong Kong, but in Storage it shows Internal 3.81gb, Phone Storage 8.84gb.........but spec says it is 13gb usable......
is it in parts and total 13gb usable????

pls advise

• 2012-07-21 12:52
  • 2@40

> In reply to KG @ 2012-05-26 00:53 from 2G%6 - click to readVelocity is a great phone fast powerfull and has great data speeds. Ics update improved everything. Great phone to have.

• 2012-07-19 09:48
  • 2GTj

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-30 17:35 from u{J9 - click to readFirst of all you can buy after market batteries, I bought a 2000mAh from Ebay and it improved battery life by 2 hours. Plus I set up all the HTC widgets, which allows me to turn off wifi, data and gps on the phone plus adjust down the brightness. Finally the biggest battery killer is letting several apps run simultaneously. Go to your task manager and switch off unused apps.. I hope this helps.

• 2012-07-11 17:05
  • DGCb

> In reply to not happy @ 2012-07-04 17:06 from wg1s - click to readTurn the CB (Cellbroadcast) off

• 2012-07-08 12:48
  • 3G$h

have bought a 2nd hand velocity 4g phone and seems to work ok. but keep getting a sms message from '50' telling me what area I am in. anyone know what thats all about?

• 2012-07-04 17:06
  • wg1s

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-10 09:47 from 2G2L - click to readOmg agreed! My battery is just horrible. Try turning off the mobile network , it helps a lot but at the same time i use whatsapp. I guess the only option is to get an external powerbank.

• 2012-06-30 17:38
  • u{J9

• 2012-06-30 17:35
  • u{J9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-10 09:47 from 2G2L - click to readdid you ask them about your battery?

• 2012-06-29 09:33
  • Fv4G

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-10 09:47 from 2G2L - click to readWhat network are you using it on? My customers at Telstra have been seeing a standard life cycle out of this phone of any typical smart phone with removable battery (16+ hours) based on heavy use.

• 2012-06-29 08:19
  • yVgU

I have had my phone for 2 weeks battery is just terrible - how do I get my money back and why isn't this advised by the retailer?

• 2012-06-10 09:47
  • 2G2L

I upgrade it to ICS,everything is good but wi-fi doesn't work at all. can somebody help me?

• 2012-06-09 20:35
  • JEiL

> In reply to William#Thornleigh @ 2012-04-28 06:12 from wfAi - click to readWhy not just un-install the update? go back to the original software.

• 2012-06-07 00:22
  • PPwg

Is anyone having issues with charging?

• 2012-06-03 14:41
  • vut{

Is it sold in dubai?

• 2012-05-31 06:13
  • wurF

6 week old Velocity 4 has been better than expected in all areas! I used to charge my phone every night, this is no different, for the experience, ease of use and great screen at a good speed, Ill charge any phone every night. I love this phone.

• 2012-05-29 05:06
  • PUIU

I am the manager of an engineering company. We are a bunch of tech heads who make enormous use of our phones, and use WiFi, email, Internet, VPN, and just about every feature available in a modern phone. I purchased 10 HTC Velocity 4G handsets for my business. Prior to this, we were using a mix of Nokia N95 8GB and other lower end phones.

The HTC Velocity is A REALLY AWFUL PHONE. DO NOT BUY IT.

It has wonderful browsing features, and looks great, but as far as phone and camera, it leaves a lot to be desired.

CALL QUALITY: The call audio quality is so bad that you cannot actually understand the other party unless you are in a silent room. Even then, the audio is so scratchy and high in treble that you find yourself constantly asking "what was that?" "please repeat", etc. On the day before I handed the phone back, I tried to make a few calls from an airport, and found it very hard to hear. My old Nokia N95 8GB is dramatically better. A custom App called Volume+ (the best of many I tried) does not resolve this weakness, unfortunately.

BATTERY LIFE: the figures quoted for battery life are inaccurate, and in fact extremely misleading. We have 10 of these phones, and not one will last a single day on even low use. Mine sat in my pocket from fully charged for 10 hours, I then made 2 calls, and the battery died. Completely useless.

NO VIDEO CALLS!!: I kid you not, the Velocity does not support video calls on the cell network. It can Skype, but that's it.

CAMERA: The audio record quality on videos was high pitch, scratchy, and distorted every few seconds. Completely useless. No bass at all. Furthermore, you cannot tell the standard camera and video Apps where to store the files. Had to find alternate Apps for both camera and video - lgCamera and lgRecorder are very good.

NO BLUETOOTH VOICE ACTIVATED DIALLING: This phone does not support voice activated dialling from your car Bluetooth system. It will route audio to Bluetooth, but you cannot hit the buttont on your steering wheel, say a name or voice command, and have it dial. Furthermore, it does not ring with a ringtone on Bluetooth. All you get is a couple of beeps every few seconds.

SUMMARY: While the majority of these problems can be worked around with custom Apps, and customisation of your Home Screens and Widgets, the totally backwards steps of missing Video Call, no Bluetooth Voice Dial, and lousy audio quality are insurmountable.

• 2012-05-26 00:53
  • 2G%6

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-05-21 09:10 from uE%5 - click to readThe differences are that this phone has LTE, DC-HSDPA, removeable battery, & a sd card slot. In short this is a market specific variant of the HTC vivid/raider. This version is only sold in a small number of countries.

• 2012-05-22 16:47
  • DGCb

Hmm, seems like HTC are NOT going to be selling the HTC One S in Hong Kong or anywhere else any time soon and why? Seems like HTC does NOT want to compromise the sales of this Samsung look-alike. HTC has just recently release the HTC Velocity here in HK. Looking at the specs here, can't see much difference between this device and the One S. Interesting to note that gsmareana.com hasn't yet run a review on this Samsung look-alike and probably doesn't need to either. Instead, look at the HTC One S specs. HTC - once an OEM always an OEM.

• 2012-05-21 09:10
  • uE%5
  • F
Total of 292 user reviews and opinions for HTC Velocity 4G.