HTC Velocity 4G - user opinions and reviews

HTC

6.1
6.2
6.3

hey all, can anyone give me a brief comparison of this phone and the galaxy s2..i have a the s2, great phone but the battery life is awful...i very rarley use any apps, mostly camera and calls/text but with bluetooth on the battery needs charging just about every night.

• 2012-03-08 06:40
  • 2G35

Is anyone else having trouble keeping the 3g/4g signal on the velocity? Just upgraded from the original HTC desire, which was always on. This one takes up to 5 mins to show the connection & access internet

• 2012-03-04 10:25
  • M64S

> In reply to Azza @ 2012-02-22 21:44 from M64S - click to readPost a link to the eBay item? I can't find them anywhere

• 2012-03-03 05:08
  • M64S

When can I expect the HTC Velocity 4G in South Africa? I was using a Nokia N96 with live tv now I want to buy the HTC phone. For other smartphones one can use the Nokia TV headset HP1 and install the live tv app to watch mobile tv. Can you do this with the HTC phones?

• 2012-02-29 00:54
  • f3nC

I don't know why I let the saleswoman talk me into getting this rubbish phone. Yes it is fast wz a good market store, but there are sloop many features that are really frustrating, like having the volume control where you hold the phone so naturally u r decreasing the volume without realising it. There are other features that keep defaulting to factory setting everytime u plug it in to charge. I cannot wait for my contract to finish on this phone. NrOT HAPPY AT AL

• 2012-02-24 23:05
  • M64S

> In reply to About2buy1 @ 2012-02-21 05:38 from F3TS - click to readI got it on eBay ;) It hasn't damaged my phone at all, but I did break one of the flimsy plastic clips for the battery cover that came with the battery... No major drama, cover still clips in ok. It's the price I pay for having the best battery life I've ever had in such a powerful phone :)

• 2012-02-22 21:44
  • M64S

> In reply to Azza @ 2012-02-18 08:27 from M64S - click to readWhere did you get the 3500 mah battery from? There doesn't seem to be much info available on putting this kind of battery into the phone. Cheers

• 2012-02-21 05:38
  • F3TS

> In reply to Az @ 2012-02-02 11:02 from M64S - click to readi dont like bigger battery.. i like more spaces..currently i am using microsd 16GB class 10 samsung brand...

• 2012-02-19 03:16
  • PE8Z

> In reply to Az @ 2012-02-02 11:02 from M64S - click to readi dont consider buy bigger battery.. only want to upgrade to 32Gb more space for my hd video...
i will wait android 4 for htc sense to release then i will upgrade to 4.0... but most apps at android market not really supported android 4.0. it might in near future... which ktc are you using now bro? i am using evo 3d at moment..

• 2012-02-19 03:10
  • PE8Z

> In reply to Azza @ 2012-02-18 08:27 from M64S - click to readwhere did u buy the battery from? which site ship to aus?

• 2012-02-19 02:55
  • tARR

Just upgraded from a Desire hd, can finally use the next g network!!! The HTC velocity is really awesome, as soon as I got it I rooted it and put on the 3500 mah battery I ordered beforehand and haven't looked back!!!! I've had it for a week and a half and I can't kill the battery... I charge it every night, but I can't flatten it during the day, I can play music allll day plus surf the net (really fast) watch yoitube for hours and play my 64 emulator til I get sick of it!!! I'm used to the battery going flat on me, but the lowest I've had it down to was %24 at which point I was about to put it on charge anyway. I haven't put any roms on it yet, patiently waiting for cm9 ;) Then I'll be able to unleash It's full potential ;D I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PHONE, AND IT WILL BE BETTER WITH CM9!!

• 2012-02-18 08:27
  • M64S

> In reply to BrizYid @ 2012-02-16 01:59 from t@IM - click to readWell if you want games and photos, go for HTC or Sony Xperia S. Even IP4s with retina display etc wont beat them in image quality!even on my Desire HD,I get amazing sharp photos: 8 megapixels,with dual led !and my friends with iphone 4s admit this! For games, android has cheaper games or free, in Apple almost the games and apps are payed. I would love to have a Iphone 4 because: better design,and it doesn't get stucked like Android,since IOs is not open source as Android!Another thing, is that Iphone need Itunes wherever you go if u want to get new songs,and Android no! u just plug to your friends computer and copy paste the songs!about facebook,both will do, but I as a web surfer prefer a bigger screen,so my 4'3 DHD screen is a wonder!I could use a 4'5 or 5'3 like Samsung Note! :) if u want design and coolness and best responsive screen without crash: Iphone 4s
If u want games/apps almost free/cheaper,big screens,better photos,and music mobility: Android! and I would go for the XL or one with larger screen.

• 2012-02-17 17:00
  • pX5m

Why doesnt this phone have beat headset or touch focus???? Htc gets you get between htc phones, each phone has its own special feature (slow mo video recording -sensation xl-....etc)

Another Question: 1080@(60)fps really???

• 2012-02-16 18:18
  • JEws

> In reply to ome frm dhaka @ 2012-02-03 18:28 from PEqe - click to readHi there.
I saw that you are asking for an innovation like Apple's SIRI, you have it on the market, one of them is named IRIS, but what I liked more is Vlingo (of course if you use English as your base language).
I would really like to test this phone soon but I will have to hold on to my Desire HD until htc comes with a phone with a battery which is at least 1800mAh. For the rest you are right, it is time for a real innovation!

• 2012-02-16 16:18
  • P@bH

I don't know what to choose between the HTC Sensation or the IPhone4s. Have no intention to download stuff. Just want to check my Facebook, play some games, listen to music, take photos of the kids. ALL my friends tell me to get the IPhone but I dont want a phone just because its cool. Advice or opinions WITH REASONS please anyone.

• 2012-02-16 01:59
  • t@IM

too bad that this smartphone not come with android 4.0 and not using AMOLED. but should be really damn fast. http://itworldcom.com/htc-velocity-4g

• 2012-02-15 19:21
  • tA$@

Had this phone for a week now. Upgrade from the Galaxy S. Sense 3.5 is brilliant - far superior to the Samsung overlay. No lag and nice screen. sLCD is better than Super AMOLED+ as I am a keen am. photographer meaning the photos I vew on this phone are very natural - the Samsung screens are over-saturated and make images almost cartoon-like. 4G is extremely fast. The only negative is battery life on 4G. I tend to disable 4G and enable only when hitting the web hard. Using it this way gives good battery life for a smart phone. Even on 3G it is way faster than the Samsung. No regrets at all.

• 2012-02-15 10:03
  • tAR2

Loving the HTC Velocity 4G. can download faster then ADSL. Didnt like the look of it at first, but the Design and feel especially has grown on me.. The only annoying thing i found was the volume rocker on the right hand side gets turned down a lot, subject to how you hold your phone. Nice piano key finish, alhtough finger print magnet, feels very nice in the hand. Happy Days lol.

• 2012-02-14 13:36
  • vuZZ

i have tested the phone at telstra store yesterday, i did not see the different 4g? wat the heck?
net same speed with xl or xe or evo3d..
which way you see the different?

• 2012-02-13 04:06
  • PMrM

This "phone" is more like a mini tablet, it's pretty big. And it's 165g, heavy too.
HTC keep making huge phones so they can stuff powerful processors in them, big display's, and such.
Stick to a reasonable pocketable size, sooner or later people will be walking around with tablet PC's as their phone, holding up a giant rectangle eclipsing their whole head.
Nokia smart phones are more sensible, and have similar or better specs, excluding processor (which the OS doesn't need), and in this case, 4G.

• 2012-02-11 16:20
  • sG@1
Total of 268 user reviews and opinions for HTC Velocity 4G.