HTC Velocity 4G - user opinions and reviews

HTC

6.1
6.2
6.3

> In reply to BrizYid @ 2012-02-16 01:59 from t@IM - click to readWell if you want games and photos, go for HTC or Sony Xperia S. Even IP4s with retina display etc wont beat them in image quality!even on my Desire HD,I get amazing sharp photos: 8 megapixels,with dual led !and my friends with iphone 4s admit this! For games, android has cheaper games or free, in Apple almost the games and apps are payed. I would love to have a Iphone 4 because: better design,and it doesn't get stucked like Android,since IOs is not open source as Android!Another thing, is that Iphone need Itunes wherever you go if u want to get new songs,and Android no! u just plug to your friends computer and copy paste the songs!about facebook,both will do, but I as a web surfer prefer a bigger screen,so my 4'3 DHD screen is a wonder!I could use a 4'5 or 5'3 like Samsung Note! :) if u want design and coolness and best responsive screen without crash: Iphone 4s
If u want games/apps almost free/cheaper,big screens,better photos,and music mobility: Android! and I would go for the XL or one with larger screen.

• 2012-02-17 17:00
  • pX5m

Why doesnt this phone have beat headset or touch focus???? Htc gets you get between htc phones, each phone has its own special feature (slow mo video recording -sensation xl-....etc)

Another Question: 1080@(60)fps really???

• 2012-02-16 18:18
  • JEws

> In reply to ome frm dhaka @ 2012-02-03 18:28 from PEqe - click to readHi there.
I saw that you are asking for an innovation like Apple's SIRI, you have it on the market, one of them is named IRIS, but what I liked more is Vlingo (of course if you use English as your base language).
I would really like to test this phone soon but I will have to hold on to my Desire HD until htc comes with a phone with a battery which is at least 1800mAh. For the rest you are right, it is time for a real innovation!

• 2012-02-16 16:18
  • P@bH

I don't know what to choose between the HTC Sensation or the IPhone4s. Have no intention to download stuff. Just want to check my Facebook, play some games, listen to music, take photos of the kids. ALL my friends tell me to get the IPhone but I dont want a phone just because its cool. Advice or opinions WITH REASONS please anyone.

• 2012-02-16 01:59
  • t@IM

too bad that this smartphone not come with android 4.0 and not using AMOLED. but should be really damn fast. http://itworldcom.com/htc-velocity-4g

• 2012-02-15 19:21
  • tA$@

Had this phone for a week now. Upgrade from the Galaxy S. Sense 3.5 is brilliant - far superior to the Samsung overlay. No lag and nice screen. sLCD is better than Super AMOLED+ as I am a keen am. photographer meaning the photos I vew on this phone are very natural - the Samsung screens are over-saturated and make images almost cartoon-like. 4G is extremely fast. The only negative is battery life on 4G. I tend to disable 4G and enable only when hitting the web hard. Using it this way gives good battery life for a smart phone. Even on 3G it is way faster than the Samsung. No regrets at all.

• 2012-02-15 10:03
  • tAR2

Loving the HTC Velocity 4G. can download faster then ADSL. Didnt like the look of it at first, but the Design and feel especially has grown on me.. The only annoying thing i found was the volume rocker on the right hand side gets turned down a lot, subject to how you hold your phone. Nice piano key finish, alhtough finger print magnet, feels very nice in the hand. Happy Days lol.

• 2012-02-14 13:36
  • vuZZ

i have tested the phone at telstra store yesterday, i did not see the different 4g? wat the heck?
net same speed with xl or xe or evo3d..
which way you see the different?

• 2012-02-13 04:06
  • PMrM

This "phone" is more like a mini tablet, it's pretty big. And it's 165g, heavy too.
HTC keep making huge phones so they can stuff powerful processors in them, big display's, and such.
Stick to a reasonable pocketable size, sooner or later people will be walking around with tablet PC's as their phone, holding up a giant rectangle eclipsing their whole head.
Nokia smart phones are more sensible, and have similar or better specs, excluding processor (which the OS doesn't need), and in this case, 4G.

• 2012-02-11 16:20
  • sG@1

After getting this phone an iPhone is a tiny useless joke. Thank you htc

• 2012-02-11 11:29
  • M64S

woow its the best phone ... HTML 5 ...so.so good

• 2012-02-10 17:54
  • TryQ

i hope HTC will stop making FAT phones, really!

• 2012-02-10 16:30
  • kx2u

this or amaze 4G???

• 2012-02-09 23:45
  • PHfG

htc must be provide more bettary?

• 2012-02-09 07:27
  • uWjf

Just got this phone through Telstra. Playing music at work in a 4g area battery lasts just less than 8 hours without any calls. Absolutely disgraceful battery life and I'm stuck with this for 2 years.

• 2012-02-09 05:07
  • P$ZI

Gr8 phone got it 3 days ago and just love it no problems with the battery, 4G amazing speed, and cannot complain so far and for 69$ a month with telstra australia is just right for my budget. GL with choosing this phone or if u can wait go for the Samsung Galaxy lll if u can wait that long.......

• 2012-02-09 03:31
  • Xr1S

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-02-08 01:10 from PHkK - click to readBattery very very bad. :(

• 2012-02-08 18:35
  • 0xIh

very very nice

• 2012-02-08 01:10
  • PHkK

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-02-04 16:08 from BwZ@ - click to readThey don't have the best hardware, that honour goes to Samsung, in regards to sense., well i consider it as bloatware. I do agree in regards to aesthetics.....

• 2012-02-07 09:22
  • tAR2

HTC surely make good phones but only if HTC phones had Super Amoled Plus like Samsung then I would have bought HTC phone no doubt but due to lack of S-Amoled Plus I am waiting for Samsung Galaxy S III.

• 2012-02-07 06:58
  • uWJ5
Total of 277 user reviews and opinions for HTC Velocity 4G.