HTC Wildfire S - user opinions and reviews

HTC

7.3
7.0
6.5

This is the absolute worst phone I have ever tried! No matter who you are and what you want to do with it, just DON'T get it, unless you are getting it for "patience training" specifically!

In the first period, it is pretty good. However, after 3 weeks, you will start to get really annoyed.
1-minimal internal memory, and many apps just won't be moved to the SD cards. So, my phone memory is low, when I only have whatsapp, a flashlight app and evernote.
2-It gets VERY laggy and unresponsive. example: I turn the display on, and there is the lock screen. It can take a few seconds for the touch screen to be responsive, and even then it is laggy and the response may break. If you have a pattern code, it can take 5-6 attempts before getting it right because it either won't respond or the response will break. And that's still before doing anything interesting on it. Going to the basic "phone functions". Sometimes, I miss calls because of that same problem. It just doesn't respond till after a while. It won't even end a call directly. Switching from loudspeaker to normal can be a nightmare too. Apps will just force quit because it just can't process them quickly enough. If you need to restart it (which would be very frequent), you could just go grab a bite and come back before it actually starts.
3-Screen response: when writing a message, sometimes I would press "l" and get an "a" for instance. Letters at the other side of the screen, sometimes repeatedly. Sometimes I need to delete letters, and the backspace button would just respond to the time when I pressed it, but not respond to the fact that I released it. Sometimes, I would get on any "writing" app, and it would just vibrate as a sign that it is getting the letters I am pressing, but NOTHING gets written.
4-Sound is really bad, recording is a joke. As a sound engineer, I take it as an insult to sound.
I could go on and on about bad experiences I had with this phone. Got it reset 4 times in a single year...

No matter what you do, just DON'T get near that phone.

• 2013-05-25 11:00
  • MDV2

I think the games to run on this phone,its all about optimalization.I had a galaxy mini,it have the same hardware,only the resolution diffrent(qvga) and good games. running on it,example dead space,gangstar west coast hustle,nova,nfs.......

• 2013-05-23 08:42
  • 3yPB

> In reply to Furqan @ 2013-05-20 16:00 from uZa% - click to readDont bother with this phone if you like playing games on it! I have one and i cannot have facebook and hotmail on my phone together as they zap all the memory ... leaving no memory for games! I sincerly regret buying this phone and am looking for a new one. Today, i updated my facebook, as it prompted me to do so, and it left me with 1.4mb ... I've now had to unistall facebook ... save your money and look for a bigger memory .. hope this helps :)

• 2013-05-21 15:43
  • 3a4Q

> In reply to Furqan @ 2013-05-20 16:00 from uZa% - click to readtake HTC Desire S.. of Sensation

it's very good for games

• 2013-05-21 03:16
  • tA$j

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-05-19 20:53 from sitJ - click to readYknow, this phone was released in 2011.
Android phone specs were pretty low then.

And since then, there have been better phones
that dont cost too much.

• 2013-05-20 21:40
  • IyPA

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-05-19 20:53 from sitJ - click to readguys you have to root your phone and after this you can get how much internal memory you want, i have now 3 GB , i got it from my memry card as it is 16 Gb memorycard, it's easy, here you have everything you need for this:

• 2013-05-20 16:06
  • JGxV

I want to buy a phone that can support good apps and i m game lover so any one please tell me how is this phone or any other that is best for me.

• 2013-05-20 16:00
  • uZa%

what a crap. bullshit, battery will drain in just 2 hrs on net when net is just on or u r usnig just one app lets say whatsapp or messenge.. it drain in just 2 hrs.. thats why i cant use net on this phone., outside and i have to carry a charger all the time with it.. it has no internal memory..
ya it has a good camera thats the onlygood thing in this phone otherwise it is just a money waste..
galaxy ace is a much better than this in this range

• 2013-05-20 06:59
  • vbyx

This phone is terrible! I recommend you don't get it. I've had it little over 2 months now and I only download 2 apps and if I download more than 2 I can't read or messages, plus it doesn't let me look at my pictures!! Its terrible, whoever made this needs to get slapped in the face!

• 2013-05-19 20:53
  • sitJ

I've had the phone for a bit more than one year now, and the biggest problem is that it has a very small internal memory. I have to delete old applications to get a new one and this really is going on my nerves.
And also after just 6 months the phone started to block and doesnt react to anything anymore.
I would never recomment it to anyone.

• 2013-05-19 18:10
  • 3Cwj

this is a horrible phone i've had it over a year i want to throw it aganist a brcik wall. it has no memory if i don't have enough memory it won't let me look at my pictures or text people back. this phone is honestly a piece of crap i cant see why they stopped making it so quickly. i just turned 19 a few months ago, so this is a young adults review on it. My advice don't waste your money

• 2013-05-18 15:35
  • sea5

I use this phone for more than 2 years, this phone is the best one compare to the price. But this phone has disadvantage is ROM very small to install more games or applications.

• 2013-05-18 05:50
  • PWaa

internal memory is low, and battery is weak, i don't recommend.

• 2013-05-17 17:40
  • 3WP1

great phone
good for android beginners!

• 2013-05-17 16:47
  • n$}d

Well i think that a new android user should buy this phone, its cheap and entertain u well.
u cant run temple run on it bt it does support many other fun apps and games.

• 2013-05-17 16:15
  • ITWq

i m a new user for htc android mobile phones.dear friends can you tell me how that phone is..is this a good mobile phone..and can i buy these..and can i play the temple run in this mobile..plz help..

• 2013-05-16 17:49
  • 7tK8

Internal memory tooooo low.... facing too many problem, not able to download more than 2 apps...

• 2013-05-16 12:15
  • bC10
  • F

hey guys.... em using this cell and just wanna tell u that its internal memory is very low and that really sucks...if anybody is comfortable with that then it is highly recommendable ..

• 2013-05-16 08:43
  • UNUJ

batry bak up is poor.....and internal.memory is too low.....

• 2013-05-15 20:22
  • rAeX
Total of 4524 user reviews and opinions for HTC Wildfire S.