HTC Windows Phone 8S - user opinions and reviews

HTC

6.3
5.7
5.8

> In reply to Biloz @ 2014-04-19 19:30 from kHbH - click to readi want to upgrade to windows 8.1 now, hope i will be able to enjoy all u have said

• 2014-04-24 13:45
  • fmFn

Don't buy this, we will not guess when it will hangout. I am using this more than a year, I had reset two times due hangout or two slow. Better we can buy user friendly brand like S'sung. Because we can remove battery when it hangout to avoid overheating or battery loss its power.

• 2014-04-20 17:24
  • K52T

Windows phone 8.1 for this phone is available??????? Tnx...

• 2014-04-20 09:14
  • a3Qc

Well, I had very few apps installed since its my backup phone. But I did factory reset after the update was complete so start from scratch. But if you wipe the phone and it stays on the HTC logo for over 10 min, just press the power button and turn it off and back on. And it will power on as new. After that I set everything to the SD Card, and you can install so much more that way, it doesn't use the internal memory at all!

• 2014-04-19 19:30
  • kHbH

Hi
it's beacause of that there is a kind of files named ( other} that have about 1GB of memory, you shoude be reset your phone.
now the other files deleted and you can update to windows phone 8.1..

• 2014-04-19 16:10
  • DN45

> In reply to nokruOS @ 2014-04-17 08:16 from pr4@ - click to readOkay, it's this way:
1. Reset your phone
2. Install 'preview for developers'
3. Install updates

..this way you'll have enough memory for the 8.1 update

• 2014-04-18 16:11
  • SH{T

> In reply to Biloz @ 2014-04-16 21:37 from kHbH - click to readHow did you manage to get enough free space for upgrade? I have removed all the apps, maps, cleared the temporary files....still not enough space. Should I maybe reset the phone?

• 2014-04-17 08:16
  • pr4@

I have this phone as a backup one, but I recently updated it to Windows Phone 8.1 and it acted like it was on steroids! Phones flies and the biggest issue I had with it was the low ''apps storage'' but on 8.1 you can install directly to the SD Card. It felt like giving a second life to it hehehe.

• 2014-04-16 21:37
  • kHbH

I've had the Windows Phone 8S for 16 months, and I cannot wait for my contract to expire.

This phone is truly terrible. The screen is incredibly brittle and without extreme care can leave it smashed. It's storage capabilities are diabolical, as the operating system takes up half of the phones storage, with most of the other half taking up the rest. This leaves you with no space to perform OS updates.

The battery life is poor. Even without using it for 24 hours, you will find yourself needing to whack it on charge after just 8.

That brings me to the speed of the phone itself. Put bluntly, its shit. Browsing on WiFi takes an absolute age, and flicking between pages on the Home Screen takes equally as long.

If you're considering buying this phone for the long term, stop, because you will only find yourself in the same position as me. Best bet is to avoid buying this phone entirely, but for a short term, it'll do. That is if the short term is say 12 hours.

• 2014-04-10 02:53
  • QMyQ

Worst phone ever.. I am having trouble from the time i bought this phone. Worst window phone ever. Didn't expected it from the brand like HTC. HATE THIS PHONE

• 2014-04-05 19:19
  • vI16

I am using this phone for an year now.

Pros:
===========
1)Good Hardware
2)Very Good display at price point.
3) Attentive feature (flip to mute, auto vibrate in noisy environment, low ring volume on picking phone) are very useful.
4)Camera is descent.
5) Rugged body, Gorilla glass coating do protect screen from scratches (I have not laminated screen yet)

Cons :
========
1) No front camera (must for its price)
2) Windows/Software issues :
(i) no option to transfer contacts to Sim.
(ii) no option to block any contact.
(iii) Many popular games missing from app store because either not available for windows or 512 Mb RAM don't support like :- Temple Run 2, Candy Crush, Subway Surf.
3) Poor microphone volume
4) no shortcut to wifi/bluetooth/data network on home screen, maybe some 3rd part app would be there.

Overall the best thing is beautiful screen and phone build, OS has long way to go.

• 2014-03-24 13:57
  • F@KB

> In reply to smile @ 2014-01-08 15:45 from 0U$G - click to readYes,around 1 day,my wifi is connected almost everytime,rare i'm in a place without wifi,and i use instagram,facebook,whatsapp,talk to phone.

• 2014-03-19 02:05
  • pkUy

> In reply to ragazzo09 @ 2014-01-18 15:48 from 0Ut8 - click to readI don't know,just reset to basic,and update maybe...

• 2014-03-19 02:01
  • pkUy

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-02-27 00:36 from uvsp - click to readYes,is very good,except store,you can't compare with ios/android store...no Pou,no candy crush,ninja fruit must pay,same for angry birds...The phone is very smooth,mine is max updated.

• 2014-03-19 01:59
  • pkUy

> In reply to JIbi @ 2014-03-15 19:05 from 3JU4 - click to readlogin to http://people.live.com and there is an option ot import contacts from google.

• 2014-03-17 11:12
  • mEBj

> In reply to JIbi @ 2014-03-15 19:05 from 3JU4 - click to readEasy,man ! Import your contacts into gmail account, and than export the your stuff back on to your SIM.

• 2014-03-16 07:19
  • DWkn

Can anybody help how can i transfer my contacts in this phone from my android phone. Please don`t advice google, as google already stop sync support for new Windows phone.

• 2014-03-15 19:05
  • 3JU4

> In reply to Sanjeewa @ 2014-02-11 17:46 from PFQP - click to readI used HTC 8s this good phone but phone memory is very low and every it was hang

• 2014-03-15 17:58
  • rAfX

Are here apps from nokia also available for this phone?

• 2014-03-14 03:27
  • KLS6

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-02-19 19:40 from ssX1 - click to readHI I AM ANIL SHETTY After using this phone I have to say, this is an amazing phone considering its price. And it is a great smartphone overall without a doubt. Here is my conclusion..SOOOOOOO NICE PHONE I LOVE MY HTC 8S

• 2014-03-13 13:57
  • ut9w
Total of 903 user reviews and opinions for HTC Windows Phone 8S.