HTC Windows Phone 8S - user opinions and reviews

5.8

I want to upgrade my phone to 8.1

• 2014-05-24 22:55
  • fuvG

> In reply to rahul @ 2014-05-17 06:49 from fCxr - click to readDownload developer preview from store and fallow the steps, but first register as developer on Microsoft site.

• 2014-05-24 10:23
  • 05Zs

> In reply to mrkalj @ 2014-05-10 23:23 from s3Bk - click to readHi
How did you upgrade to WP8.1?

• 2014-05-17 06:49
  • fCxr

U have this phone for about one and half year. It is beautiful design, it runs wery fast, dont have lags and blocks. Every app or game I have installed works fine. I instal wp 8.1 one mount ago, and it is great. Now apps and games can be installed on memory card, which is great. Only problem is, there is no Cortana for htc outside US, no meter what do( change regional setings, language or keyboard).

• 2014-05-10 23:23
  • s3Bk

My phone is not charging only the red light that comes on pls. help me.

• 2014-05-05 22:13
  • fuIP

> In reply to zac474 @ 2014-04-26 20:10 from PEUW - click to readyou can not install the apps on SD. only in 8.1 update

• 2014-05-01 16:34
  • LiqZ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-27 12:53 from fmKq - click to readhi. you must update your winphone.

• 2014-04-30 19:16
  • L6{L

I have htc windows 8s without FM radio and when i insert an external memory device the phone doesn't see it at all why?
let me get answers. ashesbonches@yahoo.co.uk

• 2014-04-27 12:56
  • fmKq

I have htc windows 8s without FM radio why?

• 2014-04-27 12:53
  • fmKq

This is one the worst phones I have ever purchased. The problems are driving me crazy. Every time I copy a new file, there are multiple copies of the same. I am not able to make a single software update because there is an unknown "other" folder that takes up 1.8 GB. I cannot access phone memory from any desktop, and I have tried it on Windows 7 and 8, and even XP. The keypad suddenly stops functioning leaving me unable to call and disconnect calls. The phone has now started heating up, for no obvious reason. The worst thing is that I have not been able to install a single app, as only 10 MB storage is available. That means I can't update my software, back up anything or do the normal things that everyone is supposed to do with a smart phone like this one. I constantly keep getting 800703,8007032, 8007043 error messages, and the even the HTC guys have no idea what that is.
I have made a very very big mistake by buying this phone, and I will never buy a Windows phone again.

• 2014-04-27 08:49
  • u1xb

I am also trying to find out how to install apps on my htc 8s on the sd card. I have yet not been able to upgrade it to 8.1. Plz brief what should i do and how?
i am not too well versed with smartphone functioning. But I like this phone and want to keep it as its beatsaudio is excellent feature.

• 2014-04-26 20:10
  • PEUW

how can i set the pascode for the safty or privacy for this phone. where i found the option about pascode.

• 2014-04-26 16:49
  • Rthu

> In reply to topaz @ 2014-04-20 09:14 from a3Qc - click to readYep. All you need to do is to register for the Developer Review Program (http://arstechnica.com/gadgets...d-cortana).I'v­e already updated and loving it. Now you can install your apps in the SD card which is a huge plus considering the 8S has only 4GB of internal storage.

• 2014-04-25 22:38
  • Nt8x

This phone is crap, it slows down too much it doesnt have enough eternal memory so you cant download as much am using a 8GB memory card and it keeps saying memory full

• 2014-04-25 16:02
  • mxX2

> In reply to Biloz @ 2014-04-19 19:30 from kHbH - click to readi want to upgrade to windows 8.1 now, hope i will be able to enjoy all u have said

• 2014-04-24 13:45
  • fmFn

Don't buy this, we will not guess when it will hangout. I am using this more than a year, I had reset two times due hangout or two slow. Better we can buy user friendly brand like S'sung. Because we can remove battery when it hangout to avoid overheating or battery loss its power.

• 2014-04-20 17:24
  • K52T

Windows phone 8.1 for this phone is available??????? Tnx...

• 2014-04-20 09:14
  • a3Qc

Well, I had very few apps installed since its my backup phone. But I did factory reset after the update was complete so start from scratch. But if you wipe the phone and it stays on the HTC logo for over 10 min, just press the power button and turn it off and back on. And it will power on as new. After that I set everything to the SD Card, and you can install so much more that way, it doesn't use the internal memory at all!

• 2014-04-19 19:30
  • kHbH

Hi
it's beacause of that there is a kind of files named ( other} that have about 1GB of memory, you shoude be reset your phone.
now the other files deleted and you can update to windows phone 8.1..

• 2014-04-19 16:10
  • DN45
Total of 938 user reviews and opinions for HTC Windows Phone 8S.