HTC Windows Phone 8S - user opinions and reviews

> In reply to ad wad @ 2013-02-01 08:33 from Xjes - click to readL620 pros:
* 8GB storage (8S - 4GB)
* Secondary camera

L620 cons:
* Smaller screen (3,8" vs 4")
* No Gorilla Glass
* Smaller battery (1300 mAh vs 1700 mAh)

Price:
HTC 8S - 250
L620 - 220

So... Both phones have their pluses and minuses. I would not say that Lumia 620 would be better.

• 2013-02-17 21:55
  • mE7A

If you liked wp7..u LL love wp8...this phone..ultimate screen density pixels...plus light weight..n great body..i could copy paste movie from my PC n watch it at 720p in my 8s..fast processor... Cud see high end gaming graphics...d only thing it lacks...is d phone memory....otherwise....this phone is epic...far far better than. Android...n yeah much better than...so called Samsung...i was using hd7 before..den Switched to Samsung android...n got so frustrated by it...so it made me to buy this epic phone....nw I barely spend my time on my alienware ...i play gun bros in my 8s...nice work HTC...but hope in future updates would come so I could transfer my apps from phone memory to SD card..

• 2013-02-17 15:16
  • H4uB

> In reply to sivayya @ 2013-02-12 14:31 from 9x6x - click to readDon't pity me just yet...

First of all Lumia 620's price is still a matter of speculation, 820 & 920 way above there expected prices...

Second is the phone size, Lumia can be expected to be more sturdy but looking at the overall Lumia series it might be bulky as others.. Next thing is the battery life of the phone, Lumia 620's might be worse off compared to 8S.. And the display size, 0.2" might not make difference to first time users, but I have been using a 4" display phone for a long time and that 0.2" mattered..

• 2013-02-16 18:05
  • vG0k

> In reply to RONNY @ 2013-02-14 11:32 from 7sbx - click to readIts better if Facebook account is synced in 'people', reading updates there is much more comfortable than using the app..

• 2013-02-16 18:00
  • vG0k

> In reply to senthil @ 2013-02-16 16:06 from U{vb - click to readThe battery of the phone is better compared to other windows/android devices with similar display sizes/specifications...

The big plus is the design of the phone, sleek and light it is.. Better than most of the phones out there... Camera is okayish.. Though specification wise it does not compare with Lumia 820, I haven't found its performance lagging anywhere so far... Another plus is the audio output of the phone, the sound in headphones is amazing..

One minus would be the internal memory, you get 1.6 GB to use for apps/games (Media can be stored on SD), which might be a little less if you are fond of using too many apps...

A good phone overall, people have been saying that waiting for 620 might be worth it but I saw this phone, liked it at first glance and picked it..

• 2013-02-16 17:58

can you any one tell how is battery backup and what is +and- htc 8s

• 2013-02-16 16:06
  • U{vb

1- the battery is amazing for a smart phone even on Auto Brightness.
2- Music is so nice, and beats audio makes them awesome.
3- Whats app does not work properly on it.
4-very poor applications store due to region restriction "Egypt".
5- very good in reading e-mails, but calender is not the best.
6- fits easily in hand, and it took a couple of falls.. and still working :-D

• 2013-02-15 10:59
  • iA0U
  • F

the main problem on this phone is the memory
because the system will take 2 GB and the "other" folder will take 1.5 GB so the free space is 500 MB and you don't have the ability to install apps on the micro SD
,, so this is so terrible

• 2013-02-14 22:29
  • gICA

> In reply to Syv @ 2013-02-12 18:52 from X0VH - click to readFacebook is terrible on it :(

• 2013-02-14 11:32
  • 7sbx

> In reply to sivayya @ 2013-02-12 14:31 from 9x6x - click to readI am using this phone right now, don't pity me since i dont want a second camera. Btw what i need is battery, as 8S have 1700mAh it is quite enough and Lumia 620 only got about 1300 mAh i also wonder how long that tiny phone gonna last in actual use. I want a useable phone not a useless with half day usage

• 2013-02-14 07:51
  • YQt7

Please tell me it support all types of games and softwares in windows store for 512mb ram.please

• 2013-02-14 07:21
  • U{2s

> In reply to Syv @ 2013-02-12 18:52 from X0VH - click to readYou can buy nokia lumia 620 which is available for around 13000 incase of its feature L620 is far better the htc 8s.

• 2013-02-14 07:11
  • U{2s

> In reply to exos @ 2013-01-28 16:29 from 3cgJ - click to readMy mate returned his as he only got 1.2GB out the box and ran out of storage fast..This phone is unusable for any app fans...Just because it has micro sd you cannot put maps texts emails apps or anything W8 related on it..The card is for video/mp3/pics/vids..

So be warned this thing is severly crippled for a heavy user of downloaded data.I am going for Nokia Lumia 620 but they have sold out on my network due to a special offer.

• 2013-02-14 00:16
  • TktR

Dear Friends,For the first time in my life I am planning to buy a smart phone and for this I arranging money from six months, For my budget I selected this phone, will somebody who is already using this phone plz tell me how is the battery and its performance in 2G internet. Also plz tell me is there any problems in this phone. How is facebook app performance in this phone. Plz suggest me.

Thanks and Regards
Syv

• 2013-02-12 18:52
  • X0VH

comparing with lumia 620 that is available for 13000, this handset sucks. no secondary cam as well. i pity those people who buy this.

• 2013-02-12 14:31
  • 9x6x

Good phone but no secondary camara.

• 2013-02-09 12:35
  • sSRm

does anyone know how to set call waiting?

• 2013-02-08 14:47
  • 0U6E

owned Nokia's for years, then Android for 3 years, which I still have!...HTC 8s is a new Works fone...took me about an hour to set up including works Outlook and my private email etc!...it's actually a very nice phone...you need an SD card for decent memory and Windows apps not as plentiful as Android or IOS....but I like it!...nice phone...quite surprised with W8!

• 2013-02-07 18:58
  • pKHk

buy a memory card!...there is a slot for one in the bottom of the Phone!!!

• 2013-02-07 18:48
  • pKHk

Hi guys! I just want to buy this phone.I wanted to buy iPhone but my father don't let me . Please tell me if this phone is good! Thank you very much :*

• 2013-02-07 15:31
  • 3SqX
Total of 942 user reviews and opinions for HTC Windows Phone 8S.