HTC Windows Phone 8S - user opinions and reviews

HTC

6.3
5.7
5.8

I have htc windows 8s without FM radio and when i insert an external memory device the phone doesn't see it at all why?
let me get answers. ashesbonches@yahoo.co.uk

• 2014-04-27 12:56
  • fmKq

I have htc windows 8s without FM radio why?

• 2014-04-27 12:53
  • fmKq

This is one the worst phones I have ever purchased. The problems are driving me crazy. Every time I copy a new file, there are multiple copies of the same. I am not able to make a single software update because there is an unknown "other" folder that takes up 1.8 GB. I cannot access phone memory from any desktop, and I have tried it on Windows 7 and 8, and even XP. The keypad suddenly stops functioning leaving me unable to call and disconnect calls. The phone has now started heating up, for no obvious reason. The worst thing is that I have not been able to install a single app, as only 10 MB storage is available. That means I can't update my software, back up anything or do the normal things that everyone is supposed to do with a smart phone like this one. I constantly keep getting 800703,8007032, 8007043 error messages, and the even the HTC guys have no idea what that is.
I have made a very very big mistake by buying this phone, and I will never buy a Windows phone again.

• 2014-04-27 08:49
  • u1xb

I am also trying to find out how to install apps on my htc 8s on the sd card. I have yet not been able to upgrade it to 8.1. Plz brief what should i do and how?
i am not too well versed with smartphone functioning. But I like this phone and want to keep it as its beatsaudio is excellent feature.

• 2014-04-26 20:10
  • PEUW

how can i set the pascode for the safty or privacy for this phone. where i found the option about pascode.

• 2014-04-26 16:49
  • Rthu

> In reply to topaz @ 2014-04-20 09:14 from a3Qc - click to readYep. All you need to do is to register for the Developer Review Program (http://arstechnica.com/gadgets...d-cortana).I'v­e already updated and loving it. Now you can install your apps in the SD card which is a huge plus considering the 8S has only 4GB of internal storage.

• 2014-04-25 22:38
  • Nt8x

This phone is crap, it slows down too much it doesnt have enough eternal memory so you cant download as much am using a 8GB memory card and it keeps saying memory full

• 2014-04-25 16:02
  • mxX2

> In reply to Biloz @ 2014-04-19 19:30 from kHbH - click to readi want to upgrade to windows 8.1 now, hope i will be able to enjoy all u have said

• 2014-04-24 13:45
  • fmFn

Don't buy this, we will not guess when it will hangout. I am using this more than a year, I had reset two times due hangout or two slow. Better we can buy user friendly brand like S'sung. Because we can remove battery when it hangout to avoid overheating or battery loss its power.

• 2014-04-20 17:24
  • K52T

Windows phone 8.1 for this phone is available??????? Tnx...

• 2014-04-20 09:14
  • a3Qc

Well, I had very few apps installed since its my backup phone. But I did factory reset after the update was complete so start from scratch. But if you wipe the phone and it stays on the HTC logo for over 10 min, just press the power button and turn it off and back on. And it will power on as new. After that I set everything to the SD Card, and you can install so much more that way, it doesn't use the internal memory at all!

• 2014-04-19 19:30
  • kHbH

Hi
it's beacause of that there is a kind of files named ( other} that have about 1GB of memory, you shoude be reset your phone.
now the other files deleted and you can update to windows phone 8.1..

• 2014-04-19 16:10
  • DN45

> In reply to nokruOS @ 2014-04-17 08:16 from pr4@ - click to readOkay, it's this way:
1. Reset your phone
2. Install 'preview for developers'
3. Install updates

..this way you'll have enough memory for the 8.1 update

• 2014-04-18 16:11
  • SH{T

> In reply to Biloz @ 2014-04-16 21:37 from kHbH - click to readHow did you manage to get enough free space for upgrade? I have removed all the apps, maps, cleared the temporary files....still not enough space. Should I maybe reset the phone?

• 2014-04-17 08:16
  • pr4@

I have this phone as a backup one, but I recently updated it to Windows Phone 8.1 and it acted like it was on steroids! Phones flies and the biggest issue I had with it was the low ''apps storage'' but on 8.1 you can install directly to the SD Card. It felt like giving a second life to it hehehe.

• 2014-04-16 21:37
  • kHbH

I've had the Windows Phone 8S for 16 months, and I cannot wait for my contract to expire.

This phone is truly terrible. The screen is incredibly brittle and without extreme care can leave it smashed. It's storage capabilities are diabolical, as the operating system takes up half of the phones storage, with most of the other half taking up the rest. This leaves you with no space to perform OS updates.

The battery life is poor. Even without using it for 24 hours, you will find yourself needing to whack it on charge after just 8.

That brings me to the speed of the phone itself. Put bluntly, its shit. Browsing on WiFi takes an absolute age, and flicking between pages on the Home Screen takes equally as long.

If you're considering buying this phone for the long term, stop, because you will only find yourself in the same position as me. Best bet is to avoid buying this phone entirely, but for a short term, it'll do. That is if the short term is say 12 hours.

• 2014-04-10 02:53
  • QMyQ

Worst phone ever.. I am having trouble from the time i bought this phone. Worst window phone ever. Didn't expected it from the brand like HTC. HATE THIS PHONE

• 2014-04-05 19:19
  • vI16

I am using this phone for an year now.

Pros:
===========
1)Good Hardware
2)Very Good display at price point.
3) Attentive feature (flip to mute, auto vibrate in noisy environment, low ring volume on picking phone) are very useful.
4)Camera is descent.
5) Rugged body, Gorilla glass coating do protect screen from scratches (I have not laminated screen yet)

Cons :
========
1) No front camera (must for its price)
2) Windows/Software issues :
(i) no option to transfer contacts to Sim.
(ii) no option to block any contact.
(iii) Many popular games missing from app store because either not available for windows or 512 Mb RAM don't support like :- Temple Run 2, Candy Crush, Subway Surf.
3) Poor microphone volume
4) no shortcut to wifi/bluetooth/data network on home screen, maybe some 3rd part app would be there.

Overall the best thing is beautiful screen and phone build, OS has long way to go.

• 2014-03-24 13:57
  • F@KB

> In reply to smile @ 2014-01-08 15:45 from 0U$G - click to readYes,around 1 day,my wifi is connected almost everytime,rare i'm in a place without wifi,and i use instagram,facebook,whatsapp,talk to phone.

• 2014-03-19 02:05
  • pkUy

> In reply to ragazzo09 @ 2014-01-18 15:48 from 0Ut8 - click to readI don't know,just reset to basic,and update maybe...

• 2014-03-19 02:01
  • pkUy
Total of 950 user reviews and opinions for HTC Windows Phone 8S.