Huawei Ascend D1 - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

7.0
7.1
7.3

To everybody who has the D1 LTE unit, do you know how to root this device? Google and XDA developers can't provide me the answer, and I tried translating the pages in Japanese from Baidu just to see if there are some articles in other language that I could use as reference but I can't seem to find any. :( HELP!

• 2013-05-13 12:40
  • thHt

I have the LTE version of this one. its a great phone however I cant seem to post stuff on IG why is that? any1 havin the same issue??

• 2013-04-28 16:25
  • BwWV

WHY I cant upload pictures using instagram.. please help me..../

• 2013-04-01 12:40
  • BwWV

please review this phone

• 2013-03-27 23:20
  • DN4I

> In reply to Jhoel @ 2013-03-19 14:14 from P%uZ - click to readYes..........there's none even at major department stores like the one in North Edsa. There's a store selling Huawei phones but the sales person told me there's none for that unit..............

another thing is what is the use of the antenna?

• 2013-03-19 15:45
  • v0qT

> In reply to joel @ 2013-03-19 06:15 from PApZ - click to readSad thing is, availability of accessories is very few to none here in PH. i just got myself a pouch to protect it at least, but it needs to have a hole to accomodate the microusb slot. with what you have noticed, the Ascend D1 LTE (hw-01e) doesnt have a 3.5mm jack, instead it comes with a microusb-to-3.5mm adapter.

i came across an online shop selling cases but i forgot to note it since im on a rush, but locally, there are no cases i have seen so far. batteries are similar to ascend p1 and d1 quad so i think we can up the battery life if there are local shops offering that

• 2013-03-19 14:14
  • P%uZ

> In reply to Jhoel @ 2013-03-18 03:06 from wu4$ - click to readThis is my first Android phone and its an investment for me. In any case i need more help regarding my unit as how i can use it on its maximum potentiality.

-can i increase the battery load from 1800 up.
-and i needed some protection, where can i buy it here in the Philippines. It seems there's none as i already search to one big shopping mall here in the Philippines.

• 2013-03-19 06:15
  • PApZ

> In reply to joel @ 2013-03-16 15:16 from v0qT - click to readHi Joel, coincidence that we had the same name, and we got the same unit from Smart here in Philippines.

I did some research and the one here in gsmarena is the U9501 version, more of the mainstream release from Huawei. Our unit is the U9501L Model HW-01e. Ours is LTE capable, with 13MP camera and 1800mah battery. I think only Smart PH and NTT Docomo JP has this type of unit. So we are lucky enough that we got this monster,and very few here in PH know about what this device can do.

• 2013-03-18 03:06
  • wu4$

Got this Huawei D1 from smart communication here in the Philippines. I just little bit confused on the specs. which you can find at the net with regards to this phone. The specs. of my phone are:

*Android 4.0 Ice cream sandwich
*1.5 Ghz CPU/1GB RAM + 8GB ROM
*LTE Capable
*4.5" HD (1280 x 720)
*13 MP back and 1.3 MP Cam. front
*They said this is a dual core phone

but 13MP cam. it is like a cross breed from D1 & D1 Quad. or this phone is tailored made for Smart communication?

What is the maximum bat. i could get to boost its power as the battery i have only kicks in 1800.

The problem is also the protector, it seems there is nothing here in the Philippines for this phone.

Please where can i buy jelly case protector or protector casing.

do e-mail me if you have any answer on my questions. thanks - joelgaona@yahoo.com

• 2013-03-16 15:16
  • v0qT

> In reply to GOOD @ 2013-01-28 01:59 from 2C{k - click to read2C{k me too! I think this is one of the best buys around.... A very good top range phone with the mid range cost. I'm stoked!

• 2013-03-14 08:33
  • Xrtt

> In reply to Andy @ 2013-02-09 07:01 from syd7 - click to readboth yes :)

• 2013-03-05 01:23
  • u{1S

> In reply to Poyitsu @ 2012-10-27 04:13 from LB{J - click to readThe answer is no.

D1 is equipped with a dual core processor manufactured by TI from US who has claimed no support for 4.1 and is actually quitting mobile processor business

D1 quad is running on Huawei's own quad core processor which should get a 4.1 sometime.

• 2013-03-05 01:19
  • u{1S

Does it have Gorilla Glass?? And Does it have an oleophobic Coating????

• 2013-02-09 07:01
  • syd7

Can anyone tell me how good the reception/antenna is on this phone. Can it compare to the iphone 4s reception?

• 2013-02-06 11:09
  • wgG2

Gee, the Huawei Ascend D1 Quad,bought from JBHiFi,has already run 1 day and 17 hours 34 minutes on Optus 3G network so far, include 1 and half hours downloading Apps and upgrading sort of operating, and rest was in standby mode, the battery still remains 86% power!!! Does that mean the Ascend D1 Quad's battery shall last more than 6 days and 22 hours and 16 minutes on 3G network standby mode? Well, how about standby mode on 2G network,will it last more than 10 days?!! :-)

• 2013-01-31 06:42
  • 2C{k

Just bought a Ascend D1 Quad in Australia, AU$388 from JBHiFi. It's an excellent mobile phone. The screen and user experience is perfect, 3D game is stunning. Furthermore, the 3D UI was my favourate, and Huawei's propriatery security software and widgets are very handy. Huawei's AllBackup app seems be able to backup and restore your all contacts,sms,call history,accounts,and even the apps in the old mobile to the new one, I didn't try this feature. The google Play Store also simply indicated the apps I used to use in the old mobile, not as good as huawei's AllBackup, but don't need memory card to transfer,just consume 3G download data,I only use 3G. The quad core processor showed unmatchable calculation power, the one I bought last year was qualcom processor, no chance for it. The battery supported I continuously 3G use for maybe 8 hours,3G standby for 1 and half days shall be no problem, 2G standby must be able to last more than 4~5 days. Some reviewers' sample piture showed that the camera was even better than iPhone, I haven't tried this yet. It has fullHD,HD,QHD video capture, the lagest is 1920x1088. Hoever, the drawback is people says the 1080p video capture demands a class 10 micro SD, and it's more expensive than double price of the class 4 ones here. What a rediculous!
Quadrant Standard tested score of 5399, smartbench2012 got 4708 productivity index, both on the top of the list.But I didn't find Samsung's SIII and note2 on the lists.
Overall, the AU$388 quad core phone is certainly unmatchable value on Australia market.

• 2013-01-28 01:59
  • 2C{k

> In reply to regs @ 2012-12-31 19:35 from pRPx - click to readThe first and the oldest sim are in the size of a credit card also known as full-size card (85.60 mm 53.98 mm x 0.76 mm) the 2nd is the mini sim (becomes the standard sim) the 3rd is the latest micro sim. :-)

• 2013-01-09 20:38
  • 6p5B

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-02 14:08 from tZj9 - click to readThe specs is right, there are two type - old is Ascend D1 (dual core) and the new is Ascend D1 quad

• 2013-01-09 08:49
  • 6px}

I believe the spec is wrong... Is not Dual Core but Quad Core right?

• 2013-01-02 14:08
  • tZj9

Its Quad-Core or Dual-Core..?

• 2013-01-02 04:13
  • uCpR
  • F
Total of 107 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend D1.